Author Topic: Salute your shorts; classic Nick  (Read 2322 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Salute your shorts; classic Nick
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 12:44:42 pm »
Heh. I named a character in one of my books Swift, after that fox. Ah, the memories! And to think I thought I was the only one who enjoyed good ol' Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite back in the day...

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 01:41:59 am »
Dude, Rocko's Modern Life was dirty. They had nude parties and stuff.

Remember the game shows? I remember the one where the kid had a talent and Nick celebs had to guess and they'd be under the slimer and get slimed unless they guessed the talent and stuff. I liked that show. And the one with the Temple and the several duo teams of different colors and animals. I always loved that one. And Guts. Almost forgot about Guts.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 11:04:07 pm »
Ah yes...the days on Nick's glory.  I remember the game shows like it was yesterday. Nick Arcade, Think fast, but how many of you guys remember shows like .....................

Wild N Crazy kids..........What would you do?.................the Noozles..........David the Gnome..............Maya the Bee.............And there was another show that did remakes of famous fairytales, can't seem to remember the name

Son of Sun

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 04:30:49 am »
I can go back a little further even. One of my favorite shows used to be called, if my memories correct, "You Cant Do That On Television". It was the show where people got slimed and came out of lockers and told jokes and what not.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 12:19:01 pm »
Nickelodeon for us was the epitamy of childrens entertainment. It had everything and anything that a kid would ever want to watch.

Don't whiz on the eletric fence was my personal favorite Ren and Stimpy skit. I never laughed so hard ever in my entire childhood. I relgiously watched Double Dare, I had dreams where I was on the show with my twin brother. Doug was always a show I could watch but I never got really into it like some of the other classics.

God damn notastalgia.   :cry:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 12:26:07 pm »
That reminds me; when I was a kid I thought God looked like Marc Summers with white hair and a big beard.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
That reminds me; when I was a kid I thought God looked like Marc Summers with white hair and a big beard.

An obsessive compuslive God would explain several theological points quite nicely...

Resurrected Ice

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 06:28:48 pm »
lol, I loved Salute Your Shorts!  That's definitely some old school stuff.  If I had to pick my favorite episode out of that series, I don't know which one I would pick as almost all of them are hilarious.

As far as any old school Nick show, I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned You Can't Do That On Television.  While definitely a messed up show (literally and metaphorically), it was probably one of the best shows ever run on that network.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31:27 am »
Quote from: Resurrected Ice
lol, I loved Salute Your Shorts!  That's definitely some old school stuff.  If I had to pick my favorite episode out of that series, I don't know which one I would pick as almost all of them are hilarious.

As far as any old school Nick show, I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned You Can't Do That On Television.  While definitely a messed up show (literally and metaphorically), it was probably one of the best shows ever run on that network.

The answer is in that "how old are you" thread. Most people here wouldn't have seen it. It's even on the furthest end of my Nickelodeon memories, and I'm one of the oldest people here.