Author Topic: Christening the Venture  (Read 14665 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Christening the Venture
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 04:37:36 pm »
yeah, just have to update everything...raging headache from not getting enough sleep; just finished that magnificent final, but I have another tomorrow...

Ouch... Well, don't worry too much 'bout it and good luck! :D

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 05:42:57 pm »
Yeah Best of luck to you! :D

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »
what ever it is good luck :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2006, 02:09:22 am »
Real pirates don't have headaches. They cut off other people's heads and give them headaches. Yar har harr.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2006, 05:05:01 am »
Call me Black D. Magus... I'm a skilled swordsman who's loyal to it's captain & his fellow crewman

Pros:
-Adept swordsman
-Adept at hand-to-hand combat
-Survivalist
-Skilled tactician
-Considers crewmates as brothers

Cons:
-No sense of direction
-Sucks at using guns
-Sleeps a lot
-Drinks too much Booze &
-Tends to pick a fight.

Sorry for the late reply... I'm a bit busy at school.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2006, 11:53:43 am »
I hope the D doesn't stand for what I think it is. >_<

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2006, 12:50:02 pm »
Arrrr, when do we set sail? Me bones are achein for an adventure mateys. WHEN DO WE SET SAIL?!?!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2006, 01:03:20 pm »
When Zealty passes his final for pirate captain. ARRRRR!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 04:25:18 am »
If he doesn't pass, I wager he'll just take the ol' cutlass to the port authority who tries to keep the ship in dock. Nothing will keep the Venture from the open seas - if need be, I'll have the guns ready and primed in a minute. I've been drilling my gunnery crew by night, when the port authority hasn't been watching. Any ship that tries to stay our departure will have a taste of our long-range guns.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2006, 04:39:55 am »
If he doesn't pass, I wager he'll just take the ol' cutlass to the port authority who tries to keep the ship in dock. Nothing will keep the Venture from the open seas - if need be, I'll have the guns ready and primed in a minute. I've been drilling my gunnery crew by night, when the port authority hasn't been watching. Any ship that tries to stay our departure will have a taste of our long-range guns.
I call dibs on the wenches.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2006, 06:11:00 am »
I call dibs on the wenches.

You can take them. Just don't part me from my Seven Against Thebes, and the other great war-poems.

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2006, 01:59:14 pm »
your can hav your poems give me the rum

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2006, 03:52:55 pm »
AYE! The RUM!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2006, 05:44:14 am »
your can hav your poems give me the rum

You needn't worry yourself there. Just leave me my wine-stores in tact - but you won't be getting at those. I've hidden them where none might be finding them. Now, who's up for a bit of practice with sabres and muskets? I'd go cannon, but seeing as none of you have a gunnery crew, or could aim them guns to the worth of even half a penny, I'm left to shooting the admiralty's woodwork alone. Yea, I've been shooting targets at the HMS Pickle - she's docked alongside, you know, and her name doesn't belie any fighting spirit. Ye all needn't be worried - they aren't going to notice a thing till come morning - and what'll they say? Beelzebub's done it or some damn like thing, when they see their figurehead's shot to wreck.

Well, they might have heard a thing or two, it's true. Truth be told, I had to bribe the port authority to keep quiet - they came asking me about all the ruckess. Cannon-shot? Sirs, I couldn't deny it, nor would they take the excuse of a too-ready trigger finger - gun crews don't have a trigger, so they said, and I suppose they're right. But for a pound and a shilling, they were willing to hold their peace, and tell those drunk Brits on the Pickle that they heard nothing in the night. By Neptune, there'll be yelling in the morn, I'll tell you that. They'd come storming up our plank, no doubt, if that old rogue Rackham wasn't docked opposite. Who'd suspect the Venture, when they've got Calico Jack right there?

You see, next morning old Rackham's going to run up his colours, and make to leave the bay. Then those there Pickle-men, they're going to wake and see all the damage to their ship, and are going to be thinking to themselsves 'why, old Jack's been up to his tricks.' They won't even be questioning the port guards. They'll make to sail, and engage in glorious battle with the dastard pirate.

So, contragulate me, sirs. Not only have I practiced our crews, I've arranged for a morning's entertainment, a ship-battle in this very harbour, twixt that infamous mariner Rackham, and the brave men of his Majesty's Pickle. Why, old Nero himself couldn't have supplied a better display! I believe the show should begin at about an hour after sunrise, so be on deck then - I'll supply some wine from my stores, and rum as well. Till morning, schlaf sicher, und gute nacht, herren.

On thinking again, anyone still up for that sabre-and-musket practice?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2006, 02:56:20 pm »
Aim? I don't think you understand how grapeshot works, lad.