Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 483165 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4725 on: December 12, 2009, 11:04:19 am »
It's disgusting just how badly people will misuse the word "skepticism." No, global warming deniers, you are not skeptics. You are as faith-oriented as ever, fanatic to the last. I wasn't born yesterday; I see what you're trying to pull here. This scam is only slightly less conspicuously invalid than Intelligent Design "science."

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: December 12, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »
Frustration: Well, Bill O'Reilly apparently proves once again that he has a major stick shoved up his ass as he lays schoolyard republican right-wing bat-shit smack-talk on Dick Wolf for a portrayl on Law and Order SVU.

But come on Bill, you gotta cut Mr. Wolf a little slack. He totally called you for what you were on that episode for starters. :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:07:11 pm by skylark »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4727 on: December 12, 2009, 10:33:16 pm »
I doubt many people here or on the left in general even pay attention to O'Reilly. If they did, they wouldn't be so quick to dump him in with Hannity and Beck. But as long as they can juxtapose his name with the more aggressive right wing lunatics, they can discredit him. And they have  plenty of motivation too, since he was probably the only conservative on television with a sizable audience, until Glenn Beck showed up, that is. Being one who's watched O'Reilly for a few years now, I can safely say that he has pretty progressive views on immigration; he just gets quoted out of context constantly because he dislikes the "open border" idea.

But I'm siding with Dick Wolf on this one. I doubt he's in the "far left," and O'Reilly really did overreact to the line. Plenty of people say worse, and from what it sounds like, the character who said the line is a fairly accurate representation of those people. He definitely mistook the context and jumped the gun. Not much else to say for that.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: December 13, 2009, 05:55:55 pm »

I'd like to thank Urban Dictionary for once again setting the record straight on who Bill O'Reilly really is:

Completely ignorant white male who thinks he knows everything. Almost comical diction when is he cutting liberal commentators off and sweet-talking the conservatives. Also, he likes to make every controversial issue black and white, when in fact issues labeled "controversial" imply that it has already been determined that there is no black-and-white answer. This man does not have a clue about the world.

Personally, I like this definition better:

Pompous news anchor with a staggering ego. Claims to be neutral, unbiased, and "looking out" for the everyday American, but commits more logical fallacies per broadcast than any other. Also spends more time plugging merchandise, books, and website memberships on air than any other. Has been caught in multiple lies, fabrications, and exaggerations, and is prone to patronizing his guests as well as all of his viewers (whether or not they realize it). A joke of a journalist rivaled only by Geraldo Rivera, the "debate" content of his show is really a series of cat fights resulting in mic-cutting and arrogance. Clearly a conservative, lies about it, and although he claims to be independent, cannot bring himself to fathom why the ACLU opposes religious displays in government buildings.

How he manages to keep his own news segment after all these years is unfathomable even to me.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: December 17, 2009, 09:41:17 am »
My body is frustrating me.  I haven't been sleeping well and then I pulled an all-nighter on...Tuesday night (I had to stop and think about that one because all of my days have started running together) and so I crashed yesterday afternoon after my one final.  I slept from 1 pm to 6:30 am.  I got up, showered, got dressed, sat down at my computer to study for my next final, and felt incredibly sick.  I was wondering the hell why, and then I realized that I hadn't eaten in almost two days.  So I just ate a small bowl of cereal (because that's about how much food I have left -___- ) and I still feel sick.  Ugh.  I have no energy or concentration to study, and my next final is in less than 5 hours.  I'll probably have to pull another all-nighter tonight as well because my last final is at 9 am and it's my hardest final.  Blah.  Finals week + little sleep + mysterious and sudden illness + generally feeling crappy = not good.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:51 pm »

You can always rely on the old college stand-by for a quick food fix: Ramen.

Also, if you can think of any ways to get free food, do so.  Don't ever deprive yourself of food in the face of long study periods.  It's this very pressure that makes for a sub par performance on finals.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: December 17, 2009, 01:06:00 pm »
Ended up with a god-forsaken cough. Every time I get a sinus infection, after it I get a god-forsaken cough from the phlegm and other crap that mucus makes.

:picardno

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: December 17, 2009, 01:38:50 pm »
Arrrgh and now I have a fever and a massive headache.  Fuuuuuuuuuck.

At least I didn't sleep through a final like two of my friends did.  : /

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: December 17, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »

At least I didn't sleep through a final like two of my friends did.  : /

Now that's gotta stink. :x

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4734 on: December 17, 2009, 03:53:07 pm »
Get well soon, Sajainta! With any luck, the Mail Gods will decide to gift you with a scarf to keep you warm during your illness. If they do, be sure to post pictures of such a miracle. It'll be irrefutable proof that the Mail Gods exist!

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4735 on: December 17, 2009, 05:29:25 pm »
I'm frustrated at myself. I probably have the most inhuman sleeping hours that a person can probably have.
On a normal day I wake up at about 3 in the afternoon, and go to bed at 9 in the morning(kids don't be like me). Now here's the kicker. On some days I take driving lessons(I'm trying to get my driver's licence). I usually have my driving lessons at ether 10 or 11 in the morning. On those days I go to bed at 3 in the morning. After I get home from my driving lessons I take a nap. I usually wake up from my nap at about anywhere from 4-6 in the afternoon-evening. Now I make things worse by taking another nap.

Tuesday, I had my driving lessons. After I finished my lesson, I went home, and took a nap. I ended up taking a second nap later in the day. When I woke up from my second nap, I couldn't open my eyes, I realized that I was even more tired that I had thought.
At somepoint I looked at the clock and saw that it was about 4:30 in the morning, it was now Wednesday. I then played video games. at about 10AM I then put one of my Fullmetal Alchemist Dvds in my Dvd player and watched six episodes, after that at some point it was 3 in the afternoon, and I was finally tired and went to sleep. I woke up at 9:30PM, I then took a nap at 11PM.
At about 12:20AM I woke up and realized that my noise was bleeding. After dealing with all that I want to sleep around 9AM. I woke up today around 3:30ish in the afternoon.
I'm now afraid to even try too take a nap. I feel like I'm slowly going insane. I feel like a fucking zombie.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:40:44 pm by Crono666 »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: December 17, 2009, 05:51:11 pm »
Interesting sleep patterns...

I used to not sleep at all. Insomnia. Was as annoying as people claim it can be.

Maybe you should try to re-wire your biological clock so that you have a fairly "normal" sleep schedule or something. Other than that, I agree with you. That is one odd schedule.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: December 17, 2009, 06:01:01 pm »

Hmm...

I'm not a health expert or a doctor, but based on what you experienced, I think you may have Circadian rhythm sleep disorder.  Mind you, it's only a prognosis and doesn't necessarily mean that you have it.

However, if it should turn out that you do have it, I suggest the following:

- Avoid taking naps or stimulants that keep you awake. 
- Go to bed only when you need to sleep, not when you want to sleep.
- Try using sleeping agents like melatonin.  You're aiming for at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Try looking into Chronotherapy.  No, it doesn't mean go play CT or CC until you pass out.

Anyways, I hope these help.  You shouldn't have to go through such sleep cycles like that.  It's unhealthy.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4738 on: December 17, 2009, 11:27:22 pm »
This January I was supposed to meet my Czech pen-pal face-to-face for the first time...but that isn't going to happen now, because her asshat boy friend still considers me a threat to their relationship.

Now, me and him have exchanged words in the past, and I could go into a complete list of gripes about him and how he handles his relationship, but that's private matters and I'm trying really hard to not say anything too personal.

You know, me and her have fun on the Internet; we play Uno, we tell stories from our past, we help each other with social problems, etc. We're as good friends as one meets offline. There's absolutely no romantic or sexual implications between the two of us and that's fine with me. After hearing about guys like Zephira and J meeting up in real life and having a blast, I was psyched to finally get the chance to hang out in person with her. If her boy friend wanted to come to, then I would've bit my lip, minded my manners, and who knows, we might have had an even better time because of it.

But that won't happen, and I hate it. I mean, how does one even get to that point in a person's relationship that close friends of the opposite gender can't be trusted? I've never hit on her, I've never stalked her on Facebook,  and I've never even made a funny look at her, the last part mostly due to the fact that I'VE NEVER FREAKING MET HER IN PERSON!

This is bullshit.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: December 17, 2009, 11:47:35 pm »
Wow Truthordeal, that sucks.  Sorry to hear about that.  It's really annoying when people are that insecure and jealous in their relationships.  I know people who go so far as forbidding their significant others from having close friends of the opposite sex.  And a lot of the people I know are iffy and suspicious when their significant others still talk to their exes.  -___-  Jealousy comes from fear, not love.  If you can't trust your boyfriend or girlfriend (or spouse, even), then why are you dating them???  I can understand being cautious around exes who still have feelings for your loved one, but as far as not trusting the person you're with... Ugh.  It's one of my pet peeves.  I see it happening ALL the time.  So that's a legit frustration of mine.

Get well soon, Sajainta! With any luck, the Mail Gods will decide to gift you with a scarf to keep you warm during your illness. If they do, be sure to post pictures of such a miracle. It'll be irrefutable proof that the Mail Gods exist!

What a coincidence that would be, seeing as I've been praying to the Mail Gods fervently for ages asking for a scarf!  :P