Poll

Rate Luccia on a scale of A (best) to D (worst).

A
0 (0%)
B
1 (9.1%)
C
5 (45.5%)
D
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 02, 2007, 02:46:23 am

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 17: Luccia  (Read 1990 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 17: Luccia
« on: August 31, 2007, 02:46:23 am »
Evaluate Luccia based on her character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much she strikes you as cool to how important she is to the plot.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Luccia.html

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:20:17 am by ZeaLitY »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 17: Luccia
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 02:48:50 am »
Character Design: I think she's supposed to look Russian...but she looks more like they took Lucca's design and just messed with a little.

Combat Usefulness: i never used her, so I can't say.

Tilt: She's tied in to the backstory of Grobyc and Norris, and is also tied with Lucca as well, being the person who gave Kid the letter from Lucca, a very important event in Kid's development. Still, she didn't need to be a PC, and that supposedly Russian accent is extremely annoying.

Final Grade: C.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:51:00 am »
Character design: Every frau you've ever hated.

Combat usefulness: Inferior.

Tilt: I've hated her since the moment I met her in Viper Manor. She is offensive, sterile, stupid, and the worst knock-off of Lucca conceivable. I hope Kato didn't have his heart set on this person, because she's tripe in the Chrono series. What a waste of breath. Grobyc should have bumped her off.

D

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:36:53 am »
Design: Seriously, looks like the lustchild of Magus and Lucca. Cool, though.

Usefullness: ehh...

Tilt: Nice as an NPC, but needed more to be part of the crew

Overall: C

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:11 am »
Design: Ew. Just plain... well, gray.

Combat: Never used her.

Tilt: Annoying at first, helps you later for next to no reason, and gets a pointless place in your party. Her backstory wasn't developed much at all, and her accent (Russian?) is irritating.

Final Grade: D

Maybe a little unfair to give her a D considering I haven't used her in battle, but oh well.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:17:43 pm »
Design: It's okay, looks like a mad scientist aught too.

Combat: She was alright, I liked her pins and good grid. She had low defense though >_<

Tilt: Her Slavic accent is tolerable. I like her backstory, like how her and Lucca worked together on things, and she gives Kid the letter, that was supposed to be more important. She's also connected to Grobyc and Norris, so she's alright in my book.

Final Grade: B
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 12:17:32 am by Zaperking »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:27:47 pm »
Character Design - One of my favorites, I think. Cool white suit, mad scientist monicole (I've tried several ways of spelling that and I still don't know what's right...), weird hair thingy...People are stupid if they say she looks like Lucca.

Combat Usefulness - Another blade/card thrower...Her Techs are all kinda sciencey, I guess...But mostly lame. Why would I want to inflict status ailments when other characters Techs will just kill?

Tilt Factor - Lutianna>Luccia...I'll have to change Magness to reflect that...I don't care if it was like a subtle (or not-so-subtle) tilt to Lucca, it made for a bunch of crappy rumors that Luccia is actually Lucca...All because of a name change, really. They didn't even study the same branch of science, people! She has a minor backstory & character development, but any of that is negated by having one of those stupid accents...Anyways, I'll give her a small bump for being a part of Magness (though in my own, tilted way)...she kills a bunch of people and tries to poison Magus/Gil! Although parts of that are in the "lost" Chapter 13...wow, I've talked about Magness almost as much as Luccia in this post...HOORAY!

Final Grade - C
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:29:56 pm by V_Translanka »