Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336316 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2475 on: March 28, 2010, 07:28:31 pm »
Hot damn that was funny...makes me think of Nick Swardson's bit about "party."

I love basketball.  Doubtful this is any secret here by this point.  What you don't know (probably) is about ihoops.com which is a new program for youth basketball, partnered with both the NCAA and the NBA.  Looks like it could be good, but it's difficult to tell with these things.

Found myself nodding my head to one of their radio commercials today, and I couldn't think of what their song reminded me of.  And I thought.  And thought....

It finally hit me...it reminded me of "Sheltering Light" which was used in the CE vids on youtube.  Awesome!  Always good to fins a song you like, that reminds you of another song you like, and the two are still pretty different.....see if you hear it, too!

IHOOPS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FnTujwI0I

CRIMSON ECHOES SHELTERING LIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3-8CKPyzaA

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 30, 2010, 05:39:25 pm »
I'm not sure this counts as a "love" but last was my first real seder dinner (I've been to "fake" seder dinners, as these were 5 minute thingies at Christian Churches that attempted to explain seders, but which generally gets the information wrong) and as such, two things:

1) Matzah ball soup: holy crap, it's delicious.
2) Gefilte fish: infinitely surpased my expectations.

As a p.s. to those two items, matzah goes really well with caramel and chocolate.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 31, 2010, 07:53:52 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/2009/09/29/how-races-and-religions-match-in-online-dating/?1=1

WHAT'S THIS?! ASTROLOGY IS BULLSHIT?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And what the hell:

Why, for example, Hindu men would match worst with Hindu women is a mystery.

As it turns out, people who hold their beliefs lightly are much better liked, even by people who are themselves serious. Weird huh?

In summary,

LOL Religion

Edit: Hahaha:

When is okcupid going to add Pagan to the list of religions? Pagan is a generic term for Wiccan, Druid, Asatru, Thelemic and many others. Using “other” or “Agnostic” are not acceptable categories for these religions.

"When is my brand of delusion going to be added? I hate being lumped in with rational people!"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:56:33 am by ZeaLitY »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2478 on: March 31, 2010, 01:10:27 pm »
Hahaha interesting link! True, Astrology doesn't play a role when it comes to matching but the date and place of birth does impact that account when considering an individual's lifestyle, culture and development.

By the way, the data you've pointed out is highly inaccurate, at least to what you're implying. It's mentioned "online dating matching", not "accurate worldly matching". A person's compatibility with another heavily depends on the calculation of, 1) desire control and effect, 2) development, 3) properly categorized personality type (and don't go crying about how stupid "control of desire is"; I'm well aware of your answer). And exactly how many people, and what kind of people, have taken up the online dating? I'd suspect those who haven't a chance in real life itself OR those who love messin around. The story's pretty interesting from there.

Secondly, although it's true a lot of educated Hindu (especially those who have international ties) look for partners beyond their borders, the fact that Hindu males are not compatible with Hindu females is completely bogus. Clear eye on social life here is evident  enough to show that; I've got plenty of Hindu (and Muslims) who have had relationships with the same and different castes alike, even Atheists. Not to mention, being a Demi-Atheist (my Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, etc. knowledge is out of sheer curiosity alone) I have had relationships with Hindus, Athiests and Christians alike, and they've been pretty well.

But I don't mean that their calculations could be "wrong", except for what they have in their plates. After all as I said, they may be blokes just messin around, and if that's the case then obviously they're lookin for a chance to show off to their friends.

But this thread ain't about settling disputes, so enough about that. It seems you've got too much time in your hands. XD What's with you and your prejudice?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 31, 2010, 02:09:43 pm »
but the date and place of birth does impact that account when considering an individual's lifestyle, culture and development.

So get rid of astrology. Many, many people on earth actually follow it. It's bullshit, and believing in it weakens the mind.

By the way, the data you've pointed out is highly inaccurate, at least to what you're implying. It's mentioned "online dating matching", not "accurate worldly matching".

Nowhere in my post or in the article did I or the authors ever intend to extrapolate these trends to the world at large.

It seems you've got too much time in your hands. XD

I came across this while researching gender equality news for the day and educating myself on current developments. This comes from a committed ambition to end sexism, one I aim to base a career or significant share of my life time out of in the future. I don't have time enough to satisfy my varied and meaningful ambitions as it is.

What's with you and your prejudice?

I am prejudiced against ignorance. You should be more concerned about the prejudices reflected in those dating preferences, based on differing supernatural fantasies and myths.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:12:03 pm by ZeaLitY »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 31, 2010, 03:20:43 pm »
Hmm! I suspect this thread needs moar Madonna.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: April 01, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »
Uboa's unicorn theme.  Classic.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »

I love new, more challenging pieces for myself to practice on the piano.

My latest endeavor is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:08 pm »
Right now it's stormy in Seattle, with strong winds, heavy clouds, and rain. The sun is less than a half-hour from setting, so it's pretty low on the horizon. For a moment, it peeked out from behind the clouds, and I got up from my desk to have a look. Outside my windows I have a panoramic view of Seattle and the west, a view which always heartens me, and always either invigorates or enchants me depending on the particulars.

When I went to look just now, a murder of crows was flying in the foreground, as they are apt to do in the twilight hours. Zyko's OC Remix remix "At First Innocence" from Seiken Densetsu 3 was playing on my speakers, adding a note of storm-brewed serenity to the air of my muse, blending inspiringly with the golden rays of a late afternoon sun, a jetliner soaring through the air against the sweep of the storm, and the dim sparkle of sunlight on the wet city surfaces of the South Lake Union neighborhood.

And I thought to myself...when I look out at the sky and see crows, my first emotion is only ever one of awe. It is impossible for me to glimpse the crows amid the backdrop of this city, let alone on a strong spring storm's day, and not find myself immersed far beyond my height in a feeling of grandeur at this world in which I live and this civilization my own species has built. Birds flying through the air is one of those iconic images with great artistic reach. To me, the crows who soar above this city are friends, friends who are different enough to give my world the perspective which illustrates its vastness and depth. They are a point of reference, even as they are denizens of the epic scape before me. Rarely does the sight of the crows fail to bolster my conviction of the world's beauty and my appreciation of the same.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:25 pm »
A flock: Like, 10-20 birds.
A gaggle: Like, 30-50 birds.
A swarm: Like, 50-100 birds.
A murder: That's, like, a farking large number of birds, man!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:51 pm »
You get a Mario statue if your birds approach parliament numbers.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: April 03, 2010, 04:52:36 am »
New rotating avatar theme!  Favourite literary works, or literary-themed pictures.  

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Dracula, Frankenstein, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Les Misérables, A Tale of Two Cities, H. P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, William Shakespeare, Mark Twain, William Wordsworth (not my favourite poet, but I do like "I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud").

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:58:17 am by Sajainta »

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: April 03, 2010, 05:10:07 am »
Biology is amazing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz4lFeqJPdU

This awesome animation illustrates the inner life of a white blood cell, and the process by which it can detect stimuli outside of itself and respond. Just imagine, right now, and every single moment of your life, all of this is happening inside of you. Wow.

I love science.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 03, 2010, 05:10:59 am »
Daaaayum, Akuma's theme from, I'm not sure which edition of Street Fighter II. Wish I could find out which soundtrack that's from specifically. But I haven't felt like kicking this much ass in awhile.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:44 pm »
This store down the road from my house that sells old video games and retro consoles for AMAZING deals. Like the Sega Genisis with two free games I got there for only $20.00. But this time around, I bought a movie, because they sell movies, too.

A complete set, two disk edition of Samurai X, the "prequel" to Rurouni Kenshin. Hard to find in it's condition (almost new).