Author Topic: Shee's CC diary  (Read 9087 times)

idioticidioms

Re: Shee's CC diary
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 09:31:33 am »
Well, it's been a while since I played the game, so I could be confused on some minor points. You are right though, it doesn't give you the option of not saving Kid, it just lets you give up on her instead.

By 'all-appearances', I meant the similarities between skills, uhm, both being able to wield the masamune, both being named Glenn, and for all we know, Glenn in human form could have been a dirty blonde. they only had a limited use of colors back then. And obviously, it's not supposed to be the same Glenn, because the story starts out a little ways down the road from when Chrono and Crew did their thing, or were supposed to do their thing, I should say. Circa 1000 AD Glenn, if you will, a descendant of the original? Who's to say, but there are a lot of similarities.

And I like to think that Magus was slated to be in CC until they scrapped him.

The truth on the matter may be something else entirely.

Oh, and good luck with the upcoming part, Shee. I think the storyline is going to get a bit more interesting for you in a few hours gameplay.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 09:37:11 am »
Good luck, Shee! Kick all their asses... but... what happens after the fire place? I... forgot. I don't remember! Aaah!

Quick! When I get home, I need to play CC! Write it on your hand, Tea! WRITE IT ON YOUR HAND!!

... writing things on my hands helps me remember.

Um... yeah. Harle is an evil backstabbing wench, no matter what you do, Guile kicks some serious ass... uh... kick Solt and Peppor's asses, Marcy is okay at times...

idioticidioms

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:15 am »
Harle is one of the hardest chars to get, too, lol. She was like the last char I got because of it. I haven't played CC in about 3-4 years now, but what I can remember is that after the fire cave, comes the Dragoon Fort for the first time, if I'm correct.

Sadly enough, Solt and Peppor do not learn their lesson for quite some time. Much like Ultros on Final Fantasy VI, you will fight them over and over and over, lol.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 09:50:08 am »
From what I remember, no matter what I did, Harle hung out with Lynx/Serge, until after some point. Then you're given three options. No matter what you choose, you next see her leaning on one of the rails on the big ship (which one is that again?), then she talks, then she jumps up and is gone forever.

I hate Harle.

... although she is good until you get better people...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 11:21:39 am »
He is, in all appearances, to be the human form of Frog and eventually is able to dual wield when you gain the Masamune sword from both Dimensions.

CC Glenn does not look like CT Glenn...not even the stupid short-hair TOIE Glenn.

In addition, CC Glenn does not acquire the Grandleon (Japanese name for the Masamune that sounds more awesome). He gets the Einlanzer, and later gets to dual-wield both versions.

EDIT: Tea, that would be the S.S. Invincible, Fargo's ship in Another World.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:23:51 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

idioticidioms

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40:48 am »
like I said, it's been a while since I played, and since I'm on a crappy comp with barely enough Virtual memory to run 2D games, I'm stuck playing old SNES and NES roms.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 01:10:31 pm »
You might want to buy those desktop computers that sell for like $200-$300 in stores, sure they're going to be thrown away, but it'll sure beat anything that you have now if you say you can barely play 2D games. :)

idioticidioms

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 01:13:46 pm »
thats just the problem. Due to circumstances, I've been out of work for almost a year, just got hired on with a company, and have been sitting around on my arse for almost two months waiting for work to come in on that front. Once I get the money I am definitely getting a new comp, as this one is so old it's still running on Windows ME. I had to put a RAM chip in just to get more than 63mb of Ram.I'm lucky this dinosaur even runs my high speed connection, lol.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 06:09:37 pm »
Thank you all for the interest.  If you could umm just....you know.....not tell me anything else about what's gonna happend.....that would be sweet....

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »
NO SPOILERS PEOPLE HE IS JUST PLAYING IT!

There got there attention for ya buddy.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 08:39:41 pm »
Marquee was overdoing it, methinks.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »
You're overdoing it, methinks, all the time.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 08:47:01 pm »

The flaw being lack of relevance to what I was saying. I figured the Marquee was a bit much.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 08:53:05 pm »
Shee how far are you right now? That and what is your party of choice at the moment?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 03:04:29 am »
Well, it's been a while since I played the game, so I could be confused on some minor points. You are right though, it doesn't give you the option of not saving Kid, it just lets you give up on her instead.

Is it giving up if there really isn't anything you can do as far as you know? "I don't know" seems fitting in such a situation...How the hell IS he supposed to know what to do at that point?? Plus, he just met her.

By 'all-appearances', I meant the similarities between skills, uhm, both being able to wield the masamune

CC Glenn never does that.

...both being named Glenn...

Well, in-game it's said that CC Glenn was named after a hero from the past (Hmmm...I wonder which one that could be...)...

...and for all we know, Glenn in human form could have been a dirty blonde. they only had a limited use of colors back then.

Now you're just outright denying in-game evidence to suit your 'theory'.

HEY SHEE, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE BATTLE SYSTEM!?