Author Topic: answers.com  (Read 464 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
answers.com
« on: May 31, 2005, 09:07:20 pm »
While surfing through Google (looking for the names of FFVI songs) I came across this site, answers.com, which uses Wikipedia. It gave pretty good, detailed information about FFVI, so I decided to check and see what it had to say about our beloved Chrono Trigger...

It has a good amount of info on Chrono Trigger, but this particularly pirked my ears up when I read it...

The differences within Prerelease have been fully documented and mapped as images by the Chrono Compendium (see external links). Additionally, the ROM hacker JLukas has developed codes that enable exploration of the areas that previously caused the games to crash; they are stored at the Compendium.

Check Out the Page Itself Here

Some credit where credit's due, yes?

edit: so, after doing some more searching, I guess that answers.com basically just takes most of it's information from other Wikipedia sources. I noticed that it uses the Compendium's Chrono Cross Timeline guide here...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
answers.com
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 11:23:40 pm »
Nice coincidence. I spent hours yesterday looking at Answers.com for completely unrelated reasons. The bane-blessing of link-heavy online encyclopedias is that it’s easy to get pulled from to page to page to page, each entry with as many tempting links as the last.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
answers.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 12:22:03 am »
That happens whenever I go to read something about physics.  It's like beer, except more socially damaging.