Author Topic: Anyway how to get to the Max level ( With no mods ) on Chrono Trigger?  (Read 2302 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway how to get to the Max level ( With no mods ) on Chrono Trigger?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 07:05:05 pm »
Yeah, but i just am too lazy to make 2 more tabs to copy and paste them

It clutters up the forum.  If you have enough time to comment anyway, surely you have enough time to make more tabs.

idioticidioms

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:24 pm »
You do know that you can do multiple quotes in one post, right? Doubleposting and more is typically frowned upon.

Yeah, but i just am too lazy to make 2 more tabs to copy and paste them

Then don't blame me when they put you on probation for spamming the hell out of the boards. Laziness isn't a good enough excuse.

You can steal Speed tabs from some of the creatures in the Black Omen. I know for sure that you can steal them from the wall creatures there. You're also able to steal other tabs from other creatures there, as well. The best places to level in the game:

Guardia Forest, 1000 AD: I usually spend an hour or two here at the start of a New Game just to level up, get my techs and get enough money to outfit Crono and Nadia and buy extra gear for Lucca before heading to the past. I get the best possible gear available, including the Iron Sword that Melchior sells in the front plaza of the fair. By the time I have enough money, I'm about level 12.

Magus' Tower, 600 AD: There are over 100 creatures in Magus' Tower, can you find and defeat them all? I've sat there and killed thousands. I usually fight here until I get Luminaire for Crono, or if I'm feeling lazy, I'll settle for Lightning 2. This gets you to about level 45

The Hunting Grounds, 65,000,000BC: Yeah, lots of crap beasts here. Fight the Nu's. They show up in a different spot every time it rains, but they only show up in about 6 different spots, so if you get yourself positioned right, you should be able to get to all 6 spots before it stops raining and initiate a fight. The Nu will show up about 6 or 7 times before you have to exit and re-enter. It probably shows up more than that, but I haven't seen it do so and have been pretty thorough.

Mountain of Woe, 12,000BC: The Rubbles here give a lot of tech points and everything else gives you a ton of exp if you fight them over and over. If you go through this area without taking advantage of the rubbles and getting the rest of your techs, then you're a fool.

Ocean Palace: Some people opt for taking the elevator rides over and over again, which nets you a good amount of exp pretty quickly, but really if you just run around the entire palace back and forth, you'll get about the same amount of exp in the same amount of time.

Death Mountain: Spend some time levelling here. The mobs don't give you much, but they're quick and easy.

Black Omen: Yup, I'd have to say that this is the best end game spot to level up and level up quickly. You can only grab the treasure chests once, though, no matter what time zone you go into it first. I've tried. I think it exists in all time zones at the same time, though I don't know how that's possible. All I know is when I go through it in the future, and then head back out before killing Queen Zeal and go through it in the past, all the treasure chests are gone.

If you hit up all of these places in the course of your game and really commit yourself to fighting, you should be level 99 off the first Game, before even getting to a New Game +, or pretty damn close.

And EgyLynx, I don't think anyone understand a word of what you just said.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 03:26:50 pm »
well... my party is L** even before Black Omen...

... what i left do one game sometime... but anyway... i try will next weekend to begin it... and these vortex...

Well... One game i hawe ( AT LEVEL 3 MONSTER at these rares rthinks, one other even L1... sou (Level? i meen tie) they cams randomoly...
sometimes it giwen if  win Mirror/Capsule or about 2000 gp sell item... or only Mop!! )

Thats a Blue creature Named:Nu
It gives you 30 Points
the Gold: i am not sure
The EXP i am not sure.
All i know is that there is no way for me to get to level ** without Cheating.