Author Topic: Maps/Areas (Discussion Thread)  (Read 22750 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: Maps/Areas
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:48 pm »
Hey Z!

I just went through the dmeo/maps usign the warps, and I must say excellent job.

I didn't honestly have time to report all the erros I found, but I think most of them are there because you haven't polished all the maps yet. 

Truce Canyon was the same as last time, not much to say there.

Medina Square I couldn't get into because of an event. Don't know if that was intentional or not.

Zeal was and North cape were pretty nice. Great work on those.

Even though you say Mystic Mountains looks hella bad, I was very impressed with the scale of that map. Throw in some battles and you have a great area to explore. Only question is will there be a boss at the top? If so I think we need to add some area a little bigger to fight it on.

Labura village seemed alright. Was it just redone to not be burned up? Was a little confused if there was more to see or not.

Anyways great work Z, can't wait to really test them out once you get some stuff cleaned up.
Leveling to 32 after fighting Gato once was priceless.  :lol:
New Sword was awesome too! Seemed like I Criticaled every hit.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2007, 04:37:41 am »
Hey Z!

I just went through the dmeo/maps usign the warps, and I must say excellent job.

I didn't honestly have time to report all the erros I found, but I think most of them are there because you haven't polished all the maps yet. 

Truce Canyon was the same as last time, not much to say there.

Didn't do much there, just included it in the maps pack.
[/quote]

Medina Square I couldn't get into because of an event. Don't know if that was intentional or not.

Sorry!

Zeal was and North cape were pretty nice. Great work on those.

Thanks, North Cape needs just a little touching up for details, rocks and slightly better cliffsides. Though I'll say that the sky/scroll effect is done. It will look great when I redo the Magus Cutscene. I might add a L3 effect (probably rain & flashing lightning! as well :twisted: )

As for Zeal Library I copied Enhasa and added alot of bookshelves. The connected Study and Schala's Room really add to the size of Zeal Palace. The library needs to be redone (to two stacked floors, sort of like Zeal Palace Main area) but the genera; impression is there. Once the library is done I am going to do all the bookshelves and events later (bookshelves meaning Zeal Lore)

Even though you say Mystic Mountains looks hella bad, I was very impressed with the scale of that map. Throw in some battles and you have a great area to explore. Only question is will there be a boss at the top? If so I think we need to add some area a little bigger to fight it on.

That's why we scale Mystic Mts. Portal to a 40x40 map, and add a "Giant Dactlty's Nest" at the top.

Labura village seemed alright. Was it just redone to not be burned up? Was a little confused if there was more to see or not.

The CopyTiles event probably overwrite the trashed town (this happens after the Black Omen rises) I made it to do this.

Anyways great work Z, can't wait to really test them out once you get some stuff cleaned up.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted whenever I can.

Leveling to 32 after fighting Gato once was priceless.  :lol:

Hehe.. Crono gains a level, Crono gains a level, etc.

New Sword was awesome too! Seemed like I Criticaled every hit.

Stats:
Attack 255 (doesn't matter)
Crit rate: 100%
Special: 9999 damage on crit (always unless Cyrus's ghost or some mobs that are completely immune to physical attack)

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2007, 04:55:35 pm »
Are we going to add that one gun of Lucca's that was never released in the game?

It does exactly 1/2 of the enemies HP, up to 9999 damage.

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:14 pm »
Truce Canyon is about 95% done.  It could probably use a few touch ups, but since Zak is going to add a bunch of Layer 3 effects, I figured it's not worth bothering with mostly.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:52:34 pm by SirusD »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:34 pm »
Truce Canyon is about 95% done.  It could probably use a few touch ups, but since Zak is going to add a bunch of Layer 3 effects, I figured it's not worth bothering with mostly.

Totally impressive.  :lee:

Are we going to add that one gun of Lucca's that was never released in the game?

It does exactly 1/2 of the enemies HP, up to 9999 damage.

Sure. Do you know of the name of it?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:14:23 pm by Zakyrus »

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:52 pm »
Graedus or something close to it.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »
I think you just missed Z ><.

Oh well.

Sorry I haven't been around lately guys. School has been destroying my free time as of late. Hopefully I will get a handle on it soon, so I can enjoy life a little more. If I don't I'll probably flunk out lol.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2007, 01:59:49 am »
I think you just missed Z ><.

Oh well.

Sorry I haven't been around lately guys. School has been destroying my free time as of late. Hopefully I will get a handle on it soon, so I can enjoy life a little more. If I don't I'll probably flunk out lol.

That's ok. I am in the refining process right now so there's not much to do.
I am making 3 Temporal Flux tutorials that build off eachother they go from using an empty loc. pointer for your map. to adding a thunderstorm by using Layer3 effects and event tricks 8), making a small dungeon - as well as adding enemies with coded AI, random items in treasure chests as well as adding a simple mini-boss cutscene.

I hope that the mini tutorial series will help many newbie mappers out there get a good grasp on using Temporal Flux.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2007, 11:46:56 am »
Oh yeah, I am doing these maps:

North Cape
Mystic Mountains (I was able to add a new enemy! Trihorns will now pwn PCs! Yay!)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2007, 09:24:31 am »
SirusD, are you up for making town maps later on?

This of course would require a new tileset (probably ripped from Seiken Densetsu 3) and would require
5 locations (one for Truce, Porre, Choras, Medina, and San Dorino) taking away from any other new areas...
I think this would be a grand idea as it would expand the crap out of towns, we could have many more NPCs outside (not houses though because each house requires a loc. pointer :X) however, we could pull it off nicely. Since towns are one of the many important cornerstones in RPGs, I figure that sacrifing 5 location pointers would be worth it.

Here's a screenie I faked together showing what these towns could look like if we could use a new tileset...

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I will do Laruba Village also because I figured out how I am going to do it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:32:15 am by Zakyrus »

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2007, 10:05:35 pm »
I like the idea, and I certainly could do it, but I'd prefer we try to make our own tiles based off CT rather than ripping them out of SD3.  Granted, I don't know if we have the talents on board to do that, but that would definitely be my preference.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2007, 11:35:45 pm »
Excellent. Yeah, I am going to make a brand new tileset graphic, but I just used SD3 to show the example.

Hey. Won't be 'round for a week or two(maybe longer). Don't worry when I get back, I'll give you all the next CT+ demo! (hopefully)  :wink:

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2007, 07:37:09 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm still alive!

I have Mystic Mts area nearly complete.  :twisted:

I just have to do all the fine detailing then add monsters and treasure.

I will upload a test version when I get a little more done.

Stay tuned!

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2007, 08:03:06 pm »
Good to hear!

Don't worry about leaving from time to time, I got school work to do anyways  :(.
Even though I don't want to be doing it lol.

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2007, 08:10:15 pm »
Speaking of leaving from time to time....

I haven't been very active lately.  Those damn real life issues keep interfering.  I'll try to get back to work soonish.