Author Topic: Nu in Cursed Woods?  (Read 7982 times)

9900giljerky

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Nu in Cursed Woods?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 05:26:58 am »
Although I agree with most of what you said, there is the Nu in the Hunting Range in 65 Million BC BEFORE Lavos falls.

That Nu is peculiar, as it seems to be as illiterate as the humans in that time period. If all Nu are so advanced, then why does this one have an impairment?

"You strong...

Here, take."

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 07:19:22 am »
"Stop it you dog." seems pretty impaired to me as well though...

9900giljerky

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 08:41:37 am »
Nah, that Nu is just umbrageous. :lol:

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2008, 03:40:11 pm »
Whoa what happened, forum screw up? It was a good post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2008, 03:42:18 pm »
I changed my mind. I wasn't too sure about it.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2008, 04:47:35 pm »
Its definitive proof that the Nu is from zeal. So he is not a privative version something else is quirky about this one.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2008, 12:17:18 pm »
Huh... I never thought of that. You know that makes a lot of sense seeing how they are used and where they are.

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 11:58:56 am »
That nu is just there to have you sit and wonder for years. The NU teases you plagues.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 07:49:39 am »
Well, the only way that all those Nu could apear in differents time is just that the got teleported at the end of the Ocena palace incident. They were like"Magic Robots" puppets created by Zeal to help then, thats why the  Nu in the future was like a robot humas were able to "configurate" then in order to make then work. Like the Nu helping make the WofT and the shop kepper Nu in Zeal.

Satoh

• Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2008, 01:24:56 am »
interestingly enough, I was about to propose the very theory that the Nu's were in some way linked to every time period...

To quote myself...:

"A simple efficient Eplanation:

Consider that time can only be measured by living things. When life ceases, so too does time.

(We cannot see the beginning of time like we can the end, so we will assume 65000000BC for sake of argument)

In 65MBC, when it rains, 'a strange creature apears.' When the player investigates the given area, in the rain, a Nu can be found. This is as close to the beginning of life --and of time-- that can be measured.

Now, consider The End of Time, and the end of Spekkio's evolution. It is a red Nu.
Since there is no indiginous life at The End of Time, Spekkio and Gaspar can be assumed to be the end of life, the final creatures in existance.

Take into account, Nus are present in nearly every time period. Beginning at 65MBC all the way up to the end of Zeal, and again in 2300AD. It could be possible that the Nu in 2300AD is in fact a construct of Belthasar. It couldn't be from Zeal, because it was not present when the Lavos gate was opened, expelling those present through time. However, it could simply be a naturally born(born?) Nu with quirks. (Nus don't seem to be incredibly common except in 12KBC anyway)

Another possibility is that Belthasar "fixed" the Nu as it was dying like the rest of 2300AD, while at the same time making it into somewhat of a cyborg save

Essentially the point is, Nus are present throughout history-- All life begins with Nu. All life ends with Nu."

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2009, 08:11:24 am »
FAILTHREAD

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »
Care to say why?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:47 pm »
Thread

1. States something already documented about the game
2. Is full of pseudoanalysis or analysis of topics already covered and solved, like the Entity
3. Is also full of useless comments that aren't contributing to the analysis

This forum gets the most fluff of all the analysis forums; it's a pain finding the good parts.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2010, 09:38:07 pm »
Well i think its because of this:If this is in the DS version it might be one of those Nu guardians things well not a Nu Guardian i mean like a Nu that is going to the Guardian i think? But i had this before and i think it is awesome who cares if its so mysterious At least you get 30 Tech points  :D

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:00 am »
The Nu are definitely an enigmatic species. I certainly wondered about them in my first playthrough and since.

They may well be tied in with the entity. They certainly have magical properties.. although it was pointed out that only pink nu spekkio casted spells, the Nu way of fighting was pretty unique (hit for 1hp or down to 1hp). There were also many Nu in zeal, supporting the idea that they are magical beings. It is of note that you can defeat a nu, but you cant kill any. They range from ambivalent to helpful, and even the ones that fight you give you cool stuff. Then of course, there is belthasars Nu. It seems to be a robot, but it could be anything from a cyborg nu, a robot, or a regular nu. Was it built by Belthasar or did it exist in the future before?

The Nu are magical, and they also seem to be intelligent - but to what extent? While the hunting range Nu used primitive speech, that seemed to be intended to fit with that era. It doesn't seem like something that you can base any serious ideas on. While I don't think their intelligence is godly or on the scale of lavos, I think it is greater than human. They also seem to be mentally and emotionally different from humans in some undefined way.

The theory that all Nu are linked to each other across time is fascinating, and may be true. It's hard to comment further though.

Also, what is the lifespan of Nu? They may be very long-lived, especially considering the Nu in the blue pyramid being there for thousands of years as it said. Although the magic of the pyramid may have kept it in a sort of stasis, it still suggests that they are long-lived. I wonder where it disappears to?

It's been suggested that they are creations of zeal which were gated throughout time. However, I see them as a "dream species" of the planet representing an ideal/perfected form of life. The final form of spekkio being a nu suggests that. And so, that is the truth! that is my belief! at least for now...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:46:10 am by xcalibur »