Author Topic: Religion chat anyone  (Read 9699 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Religion chat anyone
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2009, 09:15:40 pm »

Laughter is a devilish wind which deforms the lineaments of the face and makes men look like monkeys.

Monkeys do not laugh. Laughing is...particular to man.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2009, 09:51:48 pm »
You cant make fun of religion. You have to understand that people base their existence off of god. You basically calling into question their life meaning and motivation. You can't insult it. They have to become defensive, if not they lose mental stability and basically become eternally depressed. Seriously one guy in my community committed suicide because he lost faith.

Hm. I don't know. To some extent I have a sacrosanct view of it. But all the same... I've seen the way the Greeks handled their religion... and for all that I'm serious religiously, you've gotta have some movement for levity.

I've got a very strange contradiction in that. I'm one of those who loves the old hymns and traditions of the church. But all the same...

Yeah, there's something endearing about the Greeks and the way they can joke around even with ones like the mighty Dionysus. If you guys have ever read the Frogs, you totally get a sense of that. It makes you wonder, sometimes. Hm.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2009, 10:02:37 pm »
Quote from: Sean Connery
Monkeys do not laugh. Laughing is...particular to man.
Waitaminute...

Gasp...if Sean Connery is wrong, then God must not exist...!

/lame jk. Anyway, I much agree with Krispin that a religious is much happier when he or she is willing to take a joke or two. How the hell else would we be able to get along in threads like this? I think in the grand scheme of things, God is far less amused when religion is taken too seriously.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:16:53 pm by FaustWolf »

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2009, 02:56:49 pm »
I agree, but you have to be careful who you joke with. I mean some people take it too far, especially right now in the middle east, because they have nothing else to have faith in. So if you test it they will be over defensive.