Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199420 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1365 on: December 25, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
SCIV, eh... I played that at a friend's house recently, and I loved SCII. I miiiiight get it, but I've found myself interested in a bunch of different fighting games so far (BlazBlue, Dragon Ball Raging Blast, Street Fighter IV...).

Just remembered I wanna try Eternal Sonata as well.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 25, 2009, 10:52:39 pm »
Hell, yes. Eternal Sonata. You play that, and you get trapped in it.  :kamina

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 26, 2009, 12:15:03 am »
No dont start an RPG yet. Only a few more days till Sands of Destruction!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 26, 2009, 04:16:53 am »
MGS4.  It's awesome.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 26, 2009, 07:28:13 pm »
I got Megaman X collection yesterday.  That kinda puts things on hold.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 26, 2009, 09:01:42 pm »
Got talked into playing DB Raging Blast a month or two ago.  Gotta admit it was pretty damn fierce and fun and whatnot.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 27, 2009, 09:57:01 am »
Just finished Mass Effect(Male Renegade and Female Paragon), and Dragon Age (1st as a Male Warrior, Second as a Female Rogue, Third as a Female Mage)

I am in some desperate need for more RPG action... I am willing to dip into some older titles if anyone has some suggestions, I have looked around the more resent titles and I can't find anything that appeals to me. I am sure there are many RPG Veterans here, I am need of some of your input.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 27, 2009, 03:43:50 pm »
Have you played Mother 3? Or Earthbound?
How about the Mario and Luigi RPGs?
Dragon Quests on the DS?
Star Oceans?

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 27, 2009, 03:48:08 pm »
The Mario and Luigi RPGs are great. I have all three of them. One of my favorite RPG series, they are.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 27, 2009, 04:11:34 pm »
Only Mario RPG I have played is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and I love that game to death!

I keep hearing nothing but good things about Mother 3, maybe I ought to check that...

And sadly, very very sadly, but my PS2 has died  :cry: so I never got the chance to play Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, that was the title I was going to get just before I found out PS2 was dead.

I bought a 360 because it was on sale and I wanted to play Mass Effect, I say it was worth it, but as I sadly found out later, there are not really that many RPGs for the 360, mostly shooters and sports games, I enjoy the occasional shooter(I have both Gears of War) but I am not that crazy about them, I have finsihed DOA 4 and Soul Calibur, so am really not looking for action or fighting games, what I have been yearning for some time is some good role playing opportunities, my time is yet to come in the RP threads, and I already beated Dragon Age 3 times, so I am a bit hungry for some quality role playing here...

Maybe I'll play Xenogears again, or both Lunars until something comes along... Ah PSX, without you I would be a different man. Strange that it outlasted the PS2 though ¬_¬

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 27, 2009, 04:27:45 pm »
Check out Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. The latter is a bit too easy, but they're great games. Superstar Saga especially is a spiritual successor to Mario RPG. Kind of.

Mother 3 is one of the greatest RPGs in the history of RPGs. I'd check it out.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 27, 2009, 04:37:21 pm »
If you also like SRPGs, I highly recommend a Fire Emblem game. Or probably Final Fantasy Tactics. And there is also the Super Robot Taisen games.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 27, 2009, 04:54:35 pm »
I LOVE SRPGs Acacia Sgt! Unfortunately... I already beaten Fire emblem : Sword of Seals, Flaming Sword, and Sacred Stones, and I don't own a GameCube so I can't play Radiant Dawn(or was it Path of Radiance?, anyways I can't play them  :()

Also both Super Robot Taisen OG, which I absolutely love. And of course, the Sang Real of SPRGs, Zodiac Brave Story is my favorite game on the PSX, and maybe of all time. But I appreciate the effort, thank you.

@ Trebuchet: I will try to look those Mario and Luigi games, I don't recall seeing them, on what console are they on? Because IIRC, Mother 3 was never released outside of Japan, or maybe I got my facts wrong...

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 27, 2009, 04:58:43 pm »

@Dapifer: How exactly did your PS2 die?  Mine got the power and AC cords chewed through by rats, so it's useless until I can a new pair.  I can't think of a way a game system would die.  After all, my NES still works after all these years.

As for SRPGs, I can't say played that many of them, but damn, I wanna play FF Tactics so badly.  Curse the rats that chewed through my cords!!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 27, 2009, 05:02:34 pm »
Well, if you don't mind the japanese, then you could play the other Super Robot Taisens. Although, I think a few do have translation patches for them.

And if you have already played the GBA Fire Emblems, then you can try the SNES ones. In my opinion, FE Genealogy of the Holy War is the best one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:04:14 pm by Acacia Sgt »