Author Topic: April Fool's!  (Read 1286 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
April Fool's!
« on: April 01, 2006, 04:01:24 pm »
I hope everyone enjoyed the glimpse of "Steve5189005's Time Travel Emporium"! I didn't want to do a 'Chrono Break Announced' news post, since that hits way too close to home for die-hard fans. I instead desired to throw together a bunch of Sci-fi characters ravaged in MSPaint and make the site seem like a really crappy old style fansite. The Steve joke refers to stupid usernames with tons of numbers, like Mary3590895098@aol.com. And I felt it needed something else, so I wrote the Kato / Mitsuda story based off something Hadriel wrote months ago about how Kato and Mitsuda were probably frat buddy friends. Anyhow, if you'd like to view the image again, it is stored here.

Now for some actual news! Firstly, after growing tired of having a bunch of divided .spc sets and having to post a disclaimer concerning SNESMusic's including Prerelease music in their .spc rip, I've made a singular archive containing all Chrono Trigger music. I simply blended the Compendium's supplement with the SNESMusic archive, renamed their files, and removed the Prerelease additions. You can now download one archive and definitively have the entire soundtrack (all 84 songs). Please get it here. Enjoy resting assured that all the music can now be acquired through one download! And if you are looking for the Prerelease tracks, check here.

mondragon369

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • www.moniker.nl
April Fool's!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:11:12 pm »
I think it was a good move not to go for the rather obvious game announcement joke. I like the thing you did a lot more.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
April Fool's!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:03:03 pm »
Great, I saw the April Fools joke on April 2nd!

Ramsus

April Fool's!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:40:25 pm »
Sorry for the International timing issues, but the joke is tied down to the server's clock. Kind of a last minute hack.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
April Fool's!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 06:37:27 am »
Now I almost regret having gone to First Saturday; I did see the joke the morning of April Fool's, but I wasn't home in time to actually respond to the IMs I got.  But while there, I saw a 300 GB hard drive for $120.

Then again, since I got to First Saturday at like 1:30 AM, maybe that was an April Fool's joke, too.