Author Topic: Epoch Mystery  (Read 4433 times)

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 09:35:27 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
On the one hand, Lucca and Chronopolis theorize that Time Eggs create black holes, and on the other hand, Starky remarks that the Neo-Epoch functions with an antiproton drive. I don't know if antiprotons have something to do with black holes, though...

Well anti particles (antiprotons) collide with particles to make pure energy.  If too much energy is concentrated then it could make a black hole.  But a black hole is not the same thing as a wormhole... black holes are places where objects become so compressed they are instantly destroyed...  More likely what they meant was wormholes, which are portals to places in spacetime...
I forgot how but antiparticles can also be used to create wormholes...

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 11:10:37 pm »
Quote from: ChronoMagus
Quote from: Chrono'99
On the one hand, Lucca and Chronopolis theorize that Time Eggs create black holes, and on the other hand, Starky remarks that the Neo-Epoch functions with an antiproton drive. I don't know if antiprotons have something to do with black holes, though...

Well anti particles (antiprotons) collide with particles to make pure energy.  If too much energy is concentrated then it could make a black hole.  But a black hole is not the same thing as a wormhole... black holes are places where objects become so compressed they are instantly destroyed...  More likely what they meant was wormholes, which are portals to places in spacetime...
I forgot how but antiparticles can also be used to create wormholes...

Eh... Black holes are not a concentration of energy, actually. They are the resulting area of super gravity formed by an imploding star that doesnt have enough fuel to sustain itself anymore (they have to be immensely large, btw). The star then collapses into itself becoming super dense, and 'inverting' if you will, becoming a black hole. And also, it is not known what happens to things that go into black holes, jus that there is an event horizon, past which, you cannot return.
 In certain black holes (rotating ones) the ergosphere of the hole (the place where you can no longer stay still, or move against the pull of the black hole) is outside of the event horizon. This basically means that you can go into the black hole and experience strange time and space warping effects but still escape unharmed.

No-one knows what happens to things that go into black holes, siply because the singularoty tiself warps spacetime itself in very strange ways. To be sure, something would be stretched and compressed and be subject to all sorts of strange effects of time, but it wouldnt necessarily be destroyed. You know why? Because noone has ever gone to the singularity itelf.

My theory is that the black holes in time eggs, are in fact rotating ones, and the time egg itself is a catalyst for the expansion of said singularity. Meaning that the ergosphere expands around the user, and warps them to a different era or place after a certain point, the catalyst is spent (why most of them are one use only) and the singularity returns to it's ordinary size and being unstable, disintegrates. If one could reverse the catalyst and keep it remaining there and stable, one could make a reusable time egg.

P.S. Worm holes are just hypothetical.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 05:54:50 am »
According to her theory, by
   rotating a single point of
   supergravity, space-time
   continua can be drawn in...
   thus making it possible to
   transform that singular point
   which pulls in everything else,
   into a ring formation.

Using this ring as a Gate
   between dimensions, it should
   be possible to travel back and
   forth between various space-time.

Anyway, what Tonjevic said was pretty much accurate to the theory. Though I must add that the actual cause for a black hole is that the dying star is so huge that even the force being emited by it's electrons cannot counterbalance that of it's huge weigt and gravity, hence it collapses on itself. A neutron star on the other hand dies and is so small that there is not enough gravity, and instead so much electrons are there to emit energy, that it rotates so fast, releasing so much more energy and being so compact.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 12:35:40 am »
I really should reread Fabric of the Cosmos again.... *sighs* yeah that would make a lot more sense...

Augenstein

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 08:33:58 pm »
My memory is almost always a little off, but didn't Balthasar die in Chrono Trigger right after finishing construction of the Epoch? Of course, I guess the murder of Lavos could've changed that.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 10:52:13 pm »
Quote from: Augenstein
My memory is almost always a little off, but didn't Balthasar die in Chrono Trigger right after finishing construction of the Epoch? Of course, I guess the murder of Lavos could've changed that.

Have you even played Chrono Cross...?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

Why would that matter? He/she (sorry i don't know) is asking about Trigger.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Epoch Mystery
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 02:12:56 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Zaperking

Why would that matter? He/she (sorry i don't know) is asking about Trigger.

Because we're refering a lot to CC in this, and if he thinks Belthasar died since he has not played Chrono Cross, then it doesn't really add much to this conversation, now does it?

But anyway, Yes, Lavos' defeat did cause a new future to come to pass. The Belthasar that we know is a much more sane Belthasar.