Author Topic: Humanity: Good News, Bad News  (Read 112416 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity: Good News, Bad News
« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2011, 09:48:31 am »
Terrible News: Japan hit by an 8.9 earthquake!

Yikes... there is even tsunami warnings as far a South America... :shock:

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:40 am »
Hmm, the pacific plate has gone wild recently.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2011, 11:49:44 am »
Not just South America...
Quote from: Yahoo News
-- Tsunami alert along the Pacific Coast; Hawaii experiences a 4.9 magnitude quake; Taiwan, Russia, Chile still on high alert

It's a sad day. We're attached to Japan (no matter how crazy the culture is), and we're grateful and proud of all the science and art it provides for the rest of humanity. They do the impossible, and we merely stand in awe. And when tragedy strikes there, it kicks all of humanity in the balls.

My condolences to all those lost in the tragedy. Haiti, Brazil, California, Japan... how many more of these tragedies must we witness?

I know I shouldn't joke at this point, but we'd seriously like a Sky Castle like Zeal for Plan B.

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »
Not just South America...
Quote from: Yahoo News
-- Tsunami alert along the Pacific Coast; Hawaii experiences a 4.9 magnitude quake; Taiwan, Russia, Chile still on high alert

It's a sad day. We're attached to Japan (no matter how crazy the culture is), and we're grateful and proud of all the science and art it provides for the rest of humanity. They do the impossible, and we merely stand in awe. And when tragedy strikes there, it kicks all of humanity in the balls.

Word...I aint been this down since my nigga Kamina ate it  :kamina :(

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #949 on: March 12, 2011, 02:39:15 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zOd_Bxlvw8

An interesting song someone uploaded regarding the losses in Japan. Truly, the boy speaks his mind.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
Follow-Up News: Volcano Eruption in Japan.

Poor Japan can't get a break... :(

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 14, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »
Mitsuda to contribute all sales from his Procyon Studios site to the relief effort, from his FB:
"今回の震災で微力ながら何が出来るか考えた結果、プロキオン・ストアでの売り上げの全てを寄付することにいたしました。また、これだけでなく、これからも出来る限り力になれたらと考えています。"
http://www.procyon-studio.com/info/info.html

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #952 on: March 14, 2011, 07:15:09 pm »
Follow-Up News: Volcano Eruption in Japan.

Poor Japan can't get a break... :(
Aww come on! >< First an earthquake, then a tsunami, then oil refinery blasts, THEN meltdowns, and now Volcano? What's next, a portable ice age? What, God's having a grudge or something?! I'm really starting to worry about the poor folks there. I really want to help them somehow, worried that Red Cross may not be enough.

@Chi_z: Good find!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 14, 2011, 08:42:55 pm »
They are all related (with the possible if unlikely exception of the volcano) as part of one big disaster.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »
Good news, Mitsuda garnered over 850,000 yen with his relief efforts, all of it being donated to help out

from his FB/twitter:
プロキオン・ストアで多くの方にCDや楽譜をご購入いただきありがとうございました。合計金額は859,512円になり、この全ての売り上げを被災者救援の為、全額寄付いたします。ありがとうございました。

Cds and score books eh? I demand a full  (not guitar or piano arranged) score book for the Chrono series too!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:32:07 pm by chi_z »

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 29, 2011, 01:38:56 pm »

Even in the midst of these natural disasters, we can always count on someone from the Chrono team to give relief to those afflicted by these happenings.

Go, Mistuda! :o (For lack of a "Praise" Nu)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #956 on: March 29, 2011, 07:55:38 pm »
Here we have a true dreamer musician who enchants the world with music and grants a lifeline to at least a few to give them a second chance to fulfill their own dreams. Mitsuda, I salute you!  :o

And here (Bad News), is an idiot, who is willing to destroy lives for the sake of his own dreams (aka, self-conceited, blind satisfaction). Sometimes a dreamer should know when to quit, or at least weigh his dreams with things even more important.
[youtube]PAsYkrEwjM[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #957 on: April 01, 2011, 06:00:14 pm »
Bad news
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/04/01/afghanistan.un.attack/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Fucking idiot! :picardno
Phrancis: Hey Jones, I'm now gonna use your finger to poke this rabid dog because I wanna prove that he will go ape-shit! I wonder if those poor UN staffers even knew why they were being killed... Now I'm not defending the actions of the extremist islamic mob, but just like a rabid dog, they are known for extreme violence. It's not right, but it is a FACT of life. Jones knowingly enraged them just to make his point and innocents died as a result. Freedom of speech also means using it wisely. He needs to go over there himself and convert the unbelievers if he feels that strongly about his faith...
Excellent. He tried, found guilty and executed a FUCKING book! Terry Jones, I hope you feel satisfied with this; you indirectly murdered innocent UN members.

Of course, the religious offense still doesn't justify or excuse Afghani rage, but they're still not civilized enough yet and need to get used to diverse culture like the US, UK or India. Terry, however, is a pastor of a civilized nation and still worries about the length of his metaphorical DICK?!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:42 am »
Good News: Democrat Wins Wisconsin Supreme Court Contest

She defeated a Republican incumbent and will bring a Democratic majority to the court, which is vital when Governor Scott Walker's union-busting bill inevitably winds up there. Also, the Republican she defeated is not some hapless fellow with an (R) next to his name. He's one of those judicial activists (the kind the right wing loves: the conservative kind) who has thinly veiled his prejudicial bias in previous public statements. Usually, when asked to comment on an upcoming case, a judge will say that they haven't formed an opinion yet. This mook said that he had to be careful not to publicly state an opinion. Big difference.

Even Better News: Fox News Cancels Glenn Beck Show

Fox News would never be unsavvy enough in its PR to call it a cancellation, but they're not renewing his contract when it comes up later this year. You can compare that to the fate of other Fox News shows, which never seem to go away. Apparently Beck's carefully fabricated persona of craziness and shock isn't helping Fox News' goals of making money by advancing the conservative movement. That's no surprise. Even though Beck is the one person I largely credit with popularizing the Tea Party on a national scale, his schtick is unsustainable. He has to keep topping himself, and he's running out of steam. Ratings are down, advertisers have abandoned him (see: making money), and guests don't want to come on his show.

Unfortunately, Beck will still have his radio show, but talk radio is pretty isolated to the right-wing loony asylum and doesn't have the power to shape the national political agenda like the television operation do.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 07, 2011, 07:43:01 am »
That is VERY good news! It has made my day. :D