Author Topic: interested about miguel  (Read 12079 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 01:06:00 am »
its just people trying to tie CC to CT more...  i dont give it weight for a second.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 01:08:26 am »
Who knows.. If Crono is really Miguel, he could have taken the name from his Father who we never know if he even exists (thats supposing that his fathers name was Miguel)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 08:07:35 am »
Quote from: The Fate
i dont picture crono escaping of a fight !

He already escaped some fights though : when he escaped from the Guardia prison & castle (he didn't want to kill humans), and when he refused to battle Magus at North Cape (he didn't want to kill him even though Magus' army had a war against Guardia).

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 09:08:57 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

He already escaped some fights though : when he escaped from the Guardia prison & castle (he didn't want to kill humans), and when he refused to battle Magus at North Cape (he didn't want to kill him even though Magus' army had a war against Guardia).

Crono, Lucca and Marle ran because the entire Guardia Army was after them.  Remember that Crono was not present at North Cape.  Don't try to read so much from Crono's actions.  Crono will kill humans and otherwise sentient combatants when necessary.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 09:56:14 pm »
This stems from a debate a long time ago. The Zealian guards of Dalton were humans, so it seems Crono has killed members of his species.

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 11:35:45 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

Crono, Lucca and Marle ran because the entire Guardia Army was after them.  Remember that Crono was not present at North Cape.  Don't try to read so much from Crono's actions.  Crono will kill humans and otherwise sentient combatants when necessary.

Still, Crono isn't the holy honorable knight type. He's a generous person, is loyal to his friends and has a sense of duty, but he doesn't have a honor code that prohibits him from running away and doing what is necessary to do what he thinks is right. He will escape if the other probable happening is the death of his friends. He will not, however, escape alone, leaving his friends behind.

Sentenal

• View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 11:36:13 pm »
yea, i dont see anything wrong with killing during a "war", in this regards.

there is no murder in war.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 05:05:05 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

Ah yeah Crono was dead during North Cape... I knew I had forgotten something >_<

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 11:27:46 pm »
Inquiry

Might Miguel be a person from Chrono Trigger?

Theories

Crono

Vaeran

Miguel is Crono, based on a few factors.

*Age. Crono was about 16 years old in 1000 A.D., and Chrono Cross takes place in 1020. Miguel is clearly middle-aged, so that works out.

*Appearance. Miguel has red hair and lots of it, though he wears it in a much tamer style than Crono did. He does not wear tribal clothes like the others of El Nido.

*Game mechanics. Miguel is ludicrously powerful, far more than a simple islander should be. In addition, he's an innate White. Crono could have been a Yellow in CC's system for all his lightning attacks, but his most famous technique was Luminaire, which in CC is a White element.

*Family. Leena looks a lot like what you'd expect Marle and Crono's daughter to; she's basically Marle with Crono's coloring. In addition, her name is very similar to Leene, a name from Marle's family. It's true that we see her "grandmother" and "sister" in Arni village, but they don't look a thing like her. After Miguel never returned from his voyage with Wazuki, an old woman in the village probably took Leena in as her own, as she no longer had any family.

*The scene in which you meet Miguel is also very telling. He seems to know a whole hell of a lot about the whole Lavos situation, for one thing. And if you watch carefully, the little Crono shade is always standing nearest him, and is standing directly over (behind) Miguel as he dies.

So what would Crono be doing all the way down in the El Nido archipelago, anyway? Remember that Porre invaded and conquered Guardia. We don't know exactly what happened to Marle, but it's pretty easy to guess: as then-queen of Guardia, she was either killed, taken prisoner, or is in hiding somewhere, possibly organizing a rebellion. Either way, not very pleasant. Knowing that things are going to get bad real soon, she entreats Crono to escape with their child. He gets as far away from Guardia as possible with Leena, settling down to a quiet life in a fishing village and changing his name. The only problem with this theory is that Crono uses a katana, and was powerful enough to defeat Lavos (let alone a boy from Arni).

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
interested about miguel
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 12:23:08 am »
I still don't think it's him. He wouldn't leave her.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 07:42:12 pm »
And how they look nothing alike. Miguel's power and knowledge could easily come from being in the Dead Sea all this time. Also, if you assume that Crono is Miguel, you make the Ghost Crono situation MUCH more difficult to explain than it needs to be.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
interested about miguel
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 02:47:42 pm »
Yea, it would make no sense for there to be a Crono ghost if Crono himself is standing right there.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 07:00:21 pm »
And I totally doubt that FATE would be able to stop Miguel and keep him prisoner all these years if Miguel frickin' killed LAVOS. Unless you really believe that FATE is stronger than Lavos, and if so, you should by all means be banned from this forum.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 04:34:53 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
And I totally doubt that FATE would be able to stop Miguel and keep him prisoner all these years if Miguel frickin' killed LAVOS. Unless you really believe that FATE is stronger than Lavos, and if so, you should by all means be banned from this forum.

Just because Crono beat Lavos does not mean that he is as strong. Lucca's death validates that.

Do not forget - a battle is not always won just by strength alone. Cunning could have had a factor in it, and the literal sence of as Gaspar said - Them being embeded with the hopes and energy that powered them up (makes me think of the DBZ Spirit Bomb).

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
interested about miguel
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 04:36:13 am »
Crono has been killed by Lavos once already...