Author Topic: compendium VS shock  (Read 7519 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2005, 02:59:18 am »
don't worry if its Midi ill use limewire to find a MP3 version

if i find a orchestrated version of those do you want them instead?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2005, 01:12:39 pm »
sure.  As long as it sounds good. :)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2005, 04:03:34 am »
im still waiting for everyone to post their MP3's

oh and im taking a break from spriting for awhile as i've got too many assignments i need to work on at the moment. but ill try to do a bit now and then

oh and the base script is pretty much finished i just need to put in diolouge for CC and CS people and a few other bits. [/u]

Demonic Cloud

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2005, 07:34:06 pm »
Perhaps this is too late in development, but would it be possible to include characters from the chronicles forums? I made a thread called WAR in the general discussion, could provide you with some more info. But for now id just like to know if its a possibility.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2005, 08:35:14 pm »
Just so you know, Saridon and Sentenal and the rest working on it, this was my suggestion. Even if Chronicles cannot fit into the game proper, maybe they can make a cameo as a 'third kingdom' of Chrono fans beside the Compendium and CS, if nothing else as NPCs.

As for MP3s... do you mean any MP3s whatsoever, or only Chrono remixes? I've noticed people mostly listed those. Well, as far as Chrono remixes go, the only ones I can think of off hand that I know are those of CT Symphonic. As far as non-CT ones... here are my thoughts...

Well, firstly, there's a song called 'In Time' ... if anyone knows Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, this is the song from the future time. However, the mood and lyrics seem to fit very well with the CT feel, almost perfect for the sort of moonlight parade in CT... it's just more sombre. So, that's one I'd say. Here's a sample of it (I have the full version of it somewhere on a CD...): http://www.billandted.org/sounds/music/eaintime.mp3

Other songs I like... well, most are soundtrack songs, come to think of it. As far as dramatic, nothing beats 'Summon the Worms' from the soundtrack to a made-for-TV movie called Children of Dune (which wasn't all that good, but the soundtrack is even better than Gladiator, by which it was plainly inspired.) Actually, all three of the songs one can listen to at the following link: http://www.cinemusic.net/reviews/2003/children_of_dune.html are absolutely incredible - the Jihad is sort of the main theme, Inuma Nushif like the ending song from Gladiator, and the other one a good beginning song.

Another good dramatic song is that which inspired One Winged Angel, the good, though over-used, O Fortuna. I think most people have at least heard that one before.

And as far as other types of types of music... Dante's Prayer by Loreena McKennitt is one of my favourite songs ever. You can hear a sample of it here: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/songs/0,,466244,00.html

I'm not sure which one of those is best, though. As far as CT feel, I'd say In Time. But as for dramatic, it's The Jihad from the Children of Dune soundtrack hands down. For mood... either Dante's Prayer or Inuma Nushif (the latter again from Children of Dune). I'd probably lean more towards the Jihad than all the others, though, just because of the warrior nature of my character.

So... thoughts?

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2005, 01:20:50 am »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin

As for MP3s... do you mean any MP3s whatsoever, or only Chrono remixes?

anything you like i just need to get permission first before i use remixes.

Quote from: Demonic Cloud
Perhaps this is too late in development, but would it be possible to include characters from the chronicles forums? I made a thread called WAR in the general discussion, could provide you with some more info. But for now id just like to know if its a possibility.

firstly i think you misunderstood this its not really warring a against chronoshock it started by deciding to make a game poking fun at the slight tension present between here and there, later it involves us warring against noobs, GameFAQs. and SquareEnix.
the compendium Vs shock is now mainly used as a story base element after all we form one team before we both go to wage war on noobs ,etc.

as Daniel said chronicles will be featured as a 'third kingdom' but with no really importent roles in the game.

but if you have any suggestions for the game in any other areas ill be happy to hear them.

oh and for spriting progress Dainel im still looking for a good base sprite to use for you (slash would work but hes got no walking animation , i might use him in the end though)
and Hadriel i know exactly what your sprites are going to look like but i will have to build them from scratch.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2005, 01:25:07 am »
What'd you think of the songs I suggested for myself? I can send you a fuller version of the Children of Dune one if you think that sounds the best - my sister has the soundtrack.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2005, 01:31:15 am »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
What'd you think of the songs I suggested for myself? I can send you a fuller version of the Children of Dune one if you think that sounds the best - my sister has the soundtrack.

we went over our peak broadband limit it resets on monday ill check them then as the internet is running fairly slow at the moment

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2005, 10:28:23 am »
not really an update but i m just decided to change the battle system a  little bit to make the game easier to make (hopefully)

but im just doing tedious custom spriting at the moment so don expect any real updates for awhile.

i hope to get the battle system done sometime next term and a demo done by chirstmas break once the battle system and spritings done it shouldn't take long to complete

well once i get spriting 100% done im gonna try and learn VB very quickly and spend alot of time learning that since ill get the most flexability from that if not i've got other programs in mind and might serch for someothers

at the moment im just doing all the slow time consuming bits once i got that done i should have alot more updates and stuff.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2005, 07:59:54 pm »
I'm not sure if VB is powerful enough to go a game engine like what I'm thinking of.  Plus, it would probably tough to learn if its your first programming language.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2005, 08:53:16 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
I'm not sure if VB is powerful enough to go a game engine like what I'm thinking of.  Plus, it would probably tough to learn if its your first programming language.

its just one thing i considered for flexability but since that probally wouldent work in the end i changed the battle system so it would be easier with other programs ill probally use.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
compendium VS shock
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2005, 09:39:12 pm »
Is joining still up? I only joined september so i knew nothing about it till today.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2005, 03:42:02 am »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Is joining still up? I only joined september so i knew nothing about it till today.

no sorry if i added more people it would unbalence it a bit as the compendium side has as many people as the shock side.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
compendium VS shock
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2005, 04:10:47 am »
ok, fair enough