Author Topic: Why would Magil be in Serge's time period? (RD...possible Cross, spolilers)  (Read 1092 times)

LuccaFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
So I'm wondering, if Magil is Magus, why is he in the present?  The only possible reason I can think of is that he knows Kid is Schala, but that's not even revealed until after the whole Frozen Flame crazy light incident.  And how would he have known Kid was Schala, is that's the case?  DId I just not pay attention to some part of the game, is it revealed in one of the six other endings I haven't unlocked, or what?

And while I'm talking about RD multiple endings, just to keep from cluttering the board, I'll throw in another question.  I heard that RD has some sort of NG+ mode similar to CT.  But I can't seem to figure out how to acess it.  Or is there no NG+ and it just depends on what choices you make in the game?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Well, for one, Magil isn't Magus, so any further reasoning for his being there would just be speculation based on that "if he were"...As for how Magus would get to the present...idk...Magic...? ;)

RD has multiple endings...They're only accessible after you've beaten the game once. After that, new options will be available when you play through it that change what happens. The ending called "Kid & the Sunflower" itself has 3 variations.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll clear this up. Magil isn't Magus, but Magus isn't Magus: Magus is Jesus. Allow me to explain.

A long, long time ago, in the Chronoverse, Jesus was a small Iokan boy when Lavos came crashing down to Earth. The Iokans discovered the Frozen Flame, and began to use magic. However, this magic gave birth to Mage's Guilds and the Assasin Class. One day, Jesus accidentally knocked the Ice Cream out of an Mage Assasin with a -10 Virtue stat's hand (as is everyone in the Assasin class). This angered him, and he set a vendetta on the young Messiah's head.

Meanwhile, Jesus made friends with Lavos, who we all really know is being controlled by the Entity, who had been shunned as a child as well. They spent their days together, playing happily like young boys do, until Lavos discovered the Assasin's intentions. Using a Chance Roll, Lavos invited Jesus over to his bachelor pad for a frendly game of Jenga. But when Jesus arrived, Lavos opened a Time Portal and sent Jesus spiraling into 12,000 B.C.

Of course, Lavos changed Jesus's appearance and memories into that of a young boy named Prince Janus Zeal. Janus lived his Royal life regularly as Chrono history recalls it, but the sacrifice Lavos, who was still in his bachelor pad deep under the planet's surface, had made turned him into a mindless, planet destroying parasite. Eventually, they're paths would cross once more as Queen Zeal, Jesus's Rebirth Mother, used the Mammon Machine to summon him. This sent Jesus spiraling, once again, into a different time period; 600 A.D. this time around. Jesus was taken in by the Mystics and shed his identity of Prince Janus Zeal, and became The Great Dark Wizard Magus. He would live in Hatred of his once friend for endangering his sister Schala Zeal, oblivious of his true identity and the sacrifices his best friend had made for him. And this, ultimately, would lead to Lavos' demise, sewn by his very self.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll clear this up. Magil isn't Magus, but Magus isn't Magus: Magus is Jesus. Allow me to explain.

A long, long time ago, in the Chronoverse, Jesus was a small Iokan boy when Lavos came crashing down to Earth. The Iokans discovered the Frozen Flame, and began to use magic. However, this magic gave birth to Mage's Guilds and the Assasin Class. One day, Jesus accidentally knocked the Ice Cream out of an Mage Assasin with a -10 Virtue stat's hand (as is everyone in the Assasin class). This angered him, and he set a vendetta on the young Messiah's head.

Meanwhile, Jesus made friends with Lavos, who we all really know is being controlled by the Entity, who had been shunned as a child as well. They spent their days together, playing happily like young boys do, until Lavos discovered the Assasin's intentions. Using a Chance Roll, Lavos invited Jesus over to his bachelor pad for a frendly game of Jenga. But when Jesus arrived, Lavos opened a Time Portal and sent Jesus spiraling into 12,000 B.C.

Of course, Lavos changed Jesus's appearance and memories into that of a young boy named Prince Janus Zeal. Janus lived his Royal life regularly as Chrono history recalls it, but the sacrifice Lavos, who was still in his bachelor pad deep under the planet's surface, had made turned him into a mindless, planet destroying parasite. Eventually, they're paths would cross once more as Queen Zeal, Jesus's Rebirth Mother, used the Mammon Machine to summon him. This sent Jesus spiraling, once again, into a different time period; 600 A.D. this time around. Jesus was taken in by the Mystics and shed his identity of Prince Janus Zeal, and became The Great Dark Wizard Magus. He would live in Hatred of his once friend for endangering his sister Schala Zeal, oblivious of his true identity and the sacrifices his best friend had made for him. And this, ultimately, would lead to Lavos' demise, sewn by his very self.

It's true, it's in the Holy Book of Lavos all the "Cult of Lavos" members read (Yes that's Me, Myself, and uh...Queen Zeal)

"Thou shall not deny they meaningless existence in comparison to Lavos"

"Thou may obtain the eternal gift of life in exchange for eternal servitude to his greatness even if it mean rejecting all others"

"Thou live to serve the whim and will of Lavos"

Are some of our commandments!

We are always looking for new members...
(Monotone Zombie like voice) Join us.....Join us.....Join us....

LuccaFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
AH, the fact that he isn't Magus clears that up fine for me, thanks V.  I had some misinformation, someone had told me he was.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:17:36 am by LuccaFan »

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
But... Magil IS Magus. Guile is the one who isn't Magus, but he was intended to be at the start of development.

We can assume that they kept the Epoch in the sequels and visited each other from time to time. If you accept the pendant paradox(Lucca found Kid with the pendant around her neck), Lucca probably deduced that Kid is de-aged(RD) or cloned(CC) Schala, and probably told Magus to be nice.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Wow, yeah, I totally brainfarted there (I'm gonna blame it on that Miguel=Crono thread)...maggiekarp's got the right of it, Luccafan. Magil IS Magus...although not in all of RD's alternate scenarios (in some, he's some guy named Gilbert...V_V)...I thought you were talking about Guile (even though I saw and wrote Magil myself)...>_<

I don't believe that Epoch theory of maggiekarp's though...I still hold that the Balloon ending is the canon ending. So Epoch is gone.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
I don't believe that Epoch theory of maggiekarp's though...I still hold that the Balloon ending is the canon ending. So Epoch is gone.
Maybe there's another explanation, then... Like they can make gates with the gatekey and sheer willpower.

Lucca: Man I just found a Schala-baby I gotta find Magus now hnnngh hhhhhrgghnngh
Gate: VOIPO
Lucca: Hey Magus there's Schala-babies and they're making their dreams come tr- what the hell is that a Nu in a dress
Magus: ...SCHALA-BABIES
Lucca: oh yeah SCHALA-BABIES

I know Cross has a few holes, but there's gotta be some explanation for that Ayla drawing in Lucca's orphanage.

LuccaFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Wow, yeah, I totally brainfarted there (I'm gonna blame it on that Miguel=Crono thread)...maggiekarp's got the right of it, Luccafan. Magil IS Magus...although not in all of RD's alternate scenarios (in some, he's some guy named Gilbert...V_V)...I thought you were talking about Guile (even though I saw and wrote Magil myself)...>_<

I don't like the baloon ending only because to get it, you need to crash the epoch into Lavos.  Normally, something like that would result in a terrible fiery death for all involved parties.  So Ima go with maggie's idea. ;)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
I know Cross has a few holes, but there's gotta be some explanation for that Ayla drawing in Lucca's orphanage.

Yeah, Lucca's amazing descriptive powers! Or, y'know...the group picture they have would work too...

I don't like the baloon ending only because to get it, you need to crash the epoch into Lavos.  Normally, something like that would result in a terrible fiery death for all involved parties.  So Ima go with maggie's idea. ;)

Just because you don't like it, that doesn't make it any less canon, HA! I mean, I don't like the other ending because no matter HOW MUCH cat food you get, they'll ALWAYS jump through the damn gate and your mom will bitch at you for not feeding them...Besides, Crono & Co. are obviously special, super-human types that can survive fiery crashes of doom. If they can survive Destruction Rains From the Heavens, I think they can survive punching through Lavos' shell.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:11:35 pm by V_Translanka »