Author Topic: Is Magus really all that cool?  (Read 109466 times)

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Magus really all that cool?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 10:48:07 pm »
Not a huge fan of him myself. Yes, he plays a pivotal role in the entire story, No I didn't forgive him for his actions when the choice came up (in my first playthrough, at least).

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43:30 pm »
I'm never a big fan of the angsty-badass-dark types. He is still a very amazingly developed character just like everyone else in CT, and I really don't mind all the hype.

I want to see more love for Lucca though. D:

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 10:44:27 pm »
I want to see more love for Lucca though. D:
Who?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2008, 02:57:35 am »
The game's resident sexy geek with pinkish/purplely hair and skin-tight black bicycle shorts! >_>

And the only Chrono character in THREE games!! Uh...well, second if you count Schala I guess...But her appearances in RD & CC are basically half-appearances...?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:00:19 am by V_Translanka »

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 01:01:34 pm »
Well <_< Lucca appears fully in CT and half-appears in the other two as mentions, and Schala fully appears in CT and half-appears in the other two as Kid. =x

The next Chrono game needs to have LuccaXKid flashbacks!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2008, 04:08:45 pm »
Yeah, but Lucca's ALSO in Xenogears! ;)

EDIT: And there's the Lucca ghost in CC btw...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2008, 06:51:25 pm »
Pfff Lucca, Magus, Chrono they all pale in comparison to Robo. He is the real hero. Every one fought to keep what they had but not him. He being a noble soul fought to give others what they want, even if it meant losing everything he personally had.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 12:15:44 am »
Pfff Lucca, Magus, Chrono they all pale in comparison to Robo. He is the real hero. Every one fought to keep what they had but not him. He being a noble soul fought to give others what they want, even if it meant losing everything he personally had.

*Highfive*

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04:13 am »
The game's resident sexy geek with pinkish/purplely hair and skin-tight black bicycle shorts! >_>

And the only Chrono character in THREE games!! Uh...well, second if you count Schala I guess...But her appearances in RD & CC are basically half-appearances...?

Eh...She serves as a good black mage until Magus comes into play.  I mean, when everyone else only has physical attacks, and you're fighting three monsters that are only weak against magic, Lucca can walk in and throw fire.  But once everyone totes around a little pixie dust, I kinda lost interest.  My battles are pretty much filled with variance and destruction.  Mage, Tank, Jack of All Trades.  Having a multi-elemental mage already in my party, I just don't find much use in having another mage.  But, to each his own.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:19 am »
d3viant, you should try playing through FF1 with 4 black mages. Then you'll see the utter power of multiple magic users at once. >:D

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 12:57:26 am »
d3viant, you should try playing through FF1 with 4 black mages. Then you'll see the utter power of multiple magic users at once. >:D

Red Mage = win

4 monk = lay waste to all

4 white mage = wow

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 08:25:54 am »
Teenage fascination with darkness and generic badassery at first, but he's got a special place in my heart still. There's a lot about him that could be said but just isn't, and it's frustrating and enchanting at the same time.

Then again, his constant failure in multiple fields is probably the most frustrating...

And while I adore every character of CT in my own special ways, I feel like I'm one of very few that actually finds Marle cute and charming. I've liked her more than Schala for years, if only because when she sees bad stuff go down, she actually gets up and does something about it besides moping. Not to say Schala's situation wasn't endearingly hopeless...

Also, I like the idea of Magus and Marle interactions. Like fighting over who gets to be the leader after Crono dies, eventually Marle would get all hissy fit "I AM THE LEADER" shrieking and Magus would just back off to the number three slot with maybe a short "Yes'm"

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 09:59:55 am »

4 monks? Really? I find that hard to believe, considering no healer is in sight, along with no attack bonuses from weapons (i.e. they don't use any).

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 11:16:48 am »

4 monks? Really? I find that hard to believe, considering no healer is in sight, along with no attack bonuses from weapons (i.e. they don't use any).
I'm going to have to go with d3viant on this one as monks get way unbalanced later on in the game; coupled with a Red/Black mage with steel/haste-- :shock:

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 11:54:24 am »
Teenage fascination with darkness and generic badassery at first, but he's got a special place in my heart still. There's a lot about him that could be said but just isn't, and it's frustrating and enchanting at the same time.

Then again, his constant failure in multiple fields is probably the most frustrating...

And while I adore every character of CT in my own special ways, I feel like I'm one of very few that actually finds Marle cute and charming. I've liked her more than Schala for years, if only because when she sees bad stuff go down, she actually gets up and does something about it besides moping. Not to say Schala's situation wasn't endearingly hopeless...

Gasp! You like Marle!! Me to! I always used her. She had spunk, but wasn't a B**ch about it! I mean now a days spunk and tomboy also goes with abusive and rude (normally towards guys) or they are afraid to show there feminine but not Marle she was capable of having spunk and be a little tomboyish without being a jerk about it and she had a feminine side she wasn't afraid to show either and wasn't afraid to be nice or flirt with Crono.
I liked Schala to for much diffrent reasons, but still. I will always adore Marle...and Lucca gets love from me to.
My group was basically always Marle->Lucca->Magus

Also, I like the idea of Magus and Marle interactions. Like fighting over who gets to be the leader after Crono dies, eventually Marle would get all hissy fit "I AM THE LEADER" shrieking and Magus would just back off to the number three slot with maybe a short "Yes'm"

Hahahaha I know what you mean.

Hmmmmm....Your right He may not be my fav but he is indeed the most noble isn't he.

Magic beats power! Magic Users forever!

That being said! As for the point of this post! I do like Magus, but he's not my fav! Lucca and Marle both have that spot for CT, he is kinda cool....if you think about it maybe alittle emo....but unlike some emoish characters for a good reason!

Oh I was going through the post again and I saw this

I agree.  What the hell makes Magus so cool?  He's dark, mysterious..so?  So is lavos and you don't see many fans for "it"...I don't get the thing.  THen again, you could say the same thing to me asking "Why do you like Schala so much?"  I guess there's just things that work with people and things that don't.  Magus is a DEFINATE no for me.

Actully I'm a huge fan of Lavos! I wuv Lavos-chan! I wonder is there is a Lavos Plushie out there so every night I can sleep next to him! Love Lavos simple life forms or else mwhahahahahahaha! (Warning: May have a few issues. Don't make sudden movements.) Hmmm acctully that Lavos-chan comment has me thinking of a cute little picture I could draw (once my skills improve) Chibi Zeal riding Chibi Lavos! Awwwww isn't that adorible sounding!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:06:29 pm by OverlordMikey »