Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484551 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1485 on: January 21, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »
I use my phone to wake up at 9:00, simple as that.

Every weekday I wake up to Nine Inch Nails.

Hand that Feeds, not Closer you douches.

I used to wake up to the Price is Right theme, but the FIRST day I was in a bad mood (which was the third day I ws doing this) it did NOT go well and haven't done it since.  If I were to wake up to NIN, it would be either Ruiner or Heresy.  

Alarm clocks are.....evil.  I use both clock and phone...don't hate...don't hate...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 21, 2009, 07:39:53 pm »
100 pages of pure frustration.

Turns out I get free food at work, I wasn't aware of this at all during the past 3 months and would have saved a butt-load of money if I did.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 21, 2009, 09:32:52 pm »
Where do you work, Kebrel?

Yes, alarm clocks are the work of the devil. Once, while my folks were out in New York, they left me with an alarm clock and no parents to call me. I could've slept all day, if not for that clock.

My current gripe is that I just wasted a good four hours that could be spent doing important stuff listening to people gripe about our power provider and the ice storm that made us all realize they suck. I was going to go to rehearsals, but no one told me that they were canceled tonight. So I sat in the school auditorium because my brother was filming the forum on the situation. What's funny is that when they called for a closing of the meeting, it was met with a weak aye. But when some random lady said, "All in favor of getting rid of Unitil!" (Unitil = power provider), she was met with a very enthusiastic AYE!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 22, 2009, 12:28:01 am »
graaaa~h! Copyrights.

I've had to remove two of my best Youtube videos in as many weeks due to my use of Dead Can Dance tracks for portions of the audio. Warner Music Group must be vicious about copyright infringement, even something as minor as obscure, non-profit Chrono fanvids. What's more, I didn't keep backups of the videos after I uploaded them to Youtube to save on disk space -  :picardno - so I have to either remove the copyright infringement-tagged vids or leave them up and artistically gutted. Nevermore will we hear Magil and Lynx fighting to "Avatar" or see scenes of Prophet's Guile set to "The Arcane," which I can't find a sample of now. I guess I'll drop my small dream of setting a Crimson Echoes preview to "Advent," which would have rocked soooo hard.

Now, I don't mind media producers protecting their profitability -- if I uploaded an entire DCD album on Rapidshare, that's something worth knocking down IMO. What I'm really bothered by is the fact that Dead Can Dance just lost some free, viral pop culture advertising thanks to my caving in to copyright protectionism -- I attribute the audio I use in my Youtube vids properly so people can research the artists if they hear something that happens to catch their attention. This is the one respect in which copyright protection may actually hinder profitability.

Ah, I just can't help but think of the wild mystery of Dead Can Dance music when I think about the Chronoverse. I mean, does this not conjure up scenes of Lucca's orphanage burning?

And speaking of which, how the hell are those Youtube users able to get away with just putting up copyrighted music with a static image, and I get copyright-slapped for audio tracks that use a bunch of different music clips painstakingly sequenced to mesh with beautiful, beautiful Chrono video? Anyone know if Youtube has bots that "watch" and "listen" to user videos, somehow comparing the contents to a database of the digital signatures of copyrighted works, or do companies actually pay somebody to sit on Youtube all day and watch the entirety of every single user video to check for copyright infringement? If it's just a fellow Youtube user who's flagging my videos for kicks or something, well, that's just mean. *shakes fist*

Wow, that felt really good. Now I know why all you guys keep ranting here.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:32:25 am by FaustWolf »

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 22, 2009, 01:51:08 am »
I had a crowd of furries come in to work just before closing today...  I so wanted to say many things to them, but being on the clock in uniform, I couldn't.

I'm having a smoke and sipping ale as I type this to calm myself.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 22, 2009, 03:14:32 am »
I had a crowd of furries come in to work just before closing today...  I so wanted to say many things to them, but being on the clock in uniform, I couldn't.

I'm having a smoke and sipping ale as I type this to calm myself.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 22, 2009, 03:20:32 am »
I just hate the way they flaunt it.  Walking into a store wearing goth attire, a bell collar, and a damn tail is wanting to draw attention, not individual fetish.  Thankfully he wasn't wearing his fursuit hat, which he was just carrying around.

It's the equivalent of someone into tentacle hentai walking around with a squid arm hanging out their pants.  It's just flamboyant, and stupid.

My point, I don't care if your into animals, anthromorphs, and the like, so long as you're not showing everyone everywhere you go that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 03:23:10 am by FouCapitan »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 22, 2009, 03:28:34 am »
Hmm, from my brief research on furries, it seems they're not all, uh, "furring" just because it's a fetish. Seems to be more like cosplay for most of them...

Don't go so hard on the furries! Now, the trans-species people...well, let's not go there.

Just found out that Youtube does have some kind of bots to scan for copyrighted music now. Warner Music Group apparently had some kind of spat with Youtube/Google I was unaware of, and that started the whole mess just last month, or severely escalated it. Now tons of user Youtube videos are being gutted out.

What's really interesting is that the Magus Unmasked video may be perfectly safe because videogame sound effects from Chrono Cross were interspersed throughout the DCD track used there. That will hopefully be enough to stave off the ravenous bots. I need to find a way to mute music in emulators without muting the sound effects, hmm...recordings from a CT ROM probably won't be too big a deal because I could just use Temporal Flux to change all audio to silence, leaving the sound effects intact.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 22, 2009, 03:32:27 am »
Hmm, from my brief research on furries, it seems they're not all, uh, "furring" just because it's a fetish. Seems to be more like cosplay for most of them...
Cosplay at 10 pm in the middle of nowhere Colorado is a bit out of the element if you ask me.  Although I did see a few when I picked up my preorder midnight release of Fable 2, so it's not completely absent in my area.

Also, considering one had a cat anthromorph girl in a bikini for a keychain in a very provocative pose, I'm assuming it was their fetish, and not just a costume element.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 22, 2009, 03:34:51 am »
Anyone see the episode of Entourage about the Furries?  DAMN hilarious

Faust...lemme see if I got this right...Youtube wants you to remove your vids...because of the AUDIO only?  And this aforementioned audio has ties to WB?

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:10 am »
I never had a problem with them, even all dress up in public like that. I guess I just a better human being then you :lol:

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 22, 2009, 03:39:29 am »
I never had a problem with them, even all dress up in public like that. I guess I just a better human being then you :lol:
I guess you just

Everyone has their ticks.  Certain people that just irritate them on principles alone.  Like liberals and conservatives, neither can change their opinions, and neither will.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 03:42:02 am by FouCapitan »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 22, 2009, 03:48:40 am »
I have to this day never seen any "furries" walking around in public. And I am disappointed in that, because I believe it would be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 22, 2009, 03:50:35 am »
Faust...lemme see if I got this right...Youtube wants you to remove your vids...because of the AUDIO only?  And this aforementioned audio has ties to WB?
Youtube is essentially deleting people's audio to comply with the terms of their spat with Warner Music Group, which in turns has copyrights on, like, half the music we listen to, or a significantly large portion of it anyway.

Youtube isn't forcefully removing the visual content of the vids, just the audio. But in most cases that renders the video pretty much dead since the much of the skill in videomaking lies in matching the audio and visuals.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 22, 2009, 03:58:12 am »
I have to this day never seen any "furries" walking around in public. And I am disappointed in that, because I believe it would be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
You really are missing out, anthromorph cats and such don't do it for me, but them girls can be cute some times. It was at a charity, the only time I was surprised to see one, a winter formal ballroom dance. Eyes where on her the whole time and no one would dance with but me.  She was hella good at Argentine Tango, after that every guy wanted her, she never came back.