Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484249 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4530 on: November 11, 2009, 05:27:30 am »
FUCK HOMEOPATHY

HOMEOPATHY IS PSEUDOSCIENCE. ADHERENTS OF HOMEOPATHY ARE IGNORANT BASTARDS.

THIS IS OBJECTIVELY TRUE.

Fucking spiritualist idiots, so fucking frustrating...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: November 11, 2009, 06:30:57 am »
I'm not sure whether you're becoming an eccentric revolutionary or the TimeCube guy...  :kz

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: November 11, 2009, 06:40:06 am »
Two of my friends keep defending homeopathy. It's sad.

Homeopathy is such easy a target, too. Experimental testing has blown it to pieces, and its premise is stupid to begin with. Yeah, sure; dilute the active component of medicine until there's nothing left, then administer water. That's the placebo effect, not medicine or science. It's sad that some people are so desperate for magical meaning in their lives that they accept nirvanist or spiritualist ideas whole hog, and feel a need to defend ridiculous quackery like homeopathy just because fraudulent people like Deepak Chopra intertwine it with bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:43:40 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »
Fuuuuck me, now the same two are defending the idea that a person's genetics are the result of some karma from reincarnation.

Hear that? Beautiful, vapid, shallow people were apparently saints in past lives, while ugly people were total assholes! It all makes fucking sense!

Why, why why why why why why why why why why why can some people not accept reality, science, genetics, etc. etc. etc.? Yes, to accept science and reality is to accept that the world is not fair. And that's the first step before we try to make it fair. The horrible state of this world should be proof enough that spiritualist karma is an idiotic falsehood.

Really, though; for someone to say that ugly people deserve it from karma...

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:48 pm »
some of the nicest people ive met arent exactly my standard of pretty. then again the people i find jaw droppingly beautiful are the ones who are total jackasses.
im frustrated that my boss at walmart is giving me heat about enjoying the company of both men and women. i think i prefer women, but dammit some men are just so NICE. i wouldnt mind doing things with them. it really bothers me when this happens.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:07 pm »
I'm frustrated because people in the "Stuff you love" thread are talking about steak and it's making me hungry when I don't have any food.  ><

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: November 12, 2009, 01:43:36 am »
Fuuuuck me, now the same two are defending the idea that a person's genetics are the result of some karma from reincarnation.

Hear that? Beautiful, vapid, shallow people were apparently saints in past lives, while ugly people were total assholes! It all makes fucking sense!

Why, why why why why why why why why why why why can some people not accept reality, science, genetics, etc. etc. etc.? Yes, to accept science and reality is to accept that the world is not fair. And that's the first step before we try to make it fair. The horrible state of this world should be proof enough that spiritualist karma is an idiotic falsehood.

Really, though; for someone to say that ugly people deserve it from karma...

:shock:

Wow.  What a touchy subject.

Though I am an advocate of the separation of church and state, I nevertheless feel the need for internal, spiritual guidance and comfort as I face the day's struggles.

As for the horrible state of the world as being "proof enough" for the idiocy of spiritualism, do realize that a lot of the evil that is in this world is mostly self-inflicted (drugs, alcohol, shooting up, etc.), inflicted on others (rape, murder, assault, kidnapping, etc.) and naturally occurring (earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires, and other natural disasters).

It's erroneous to assign evil to that which isn't inherently evil.  Can a needle shoot up someone by itself?  Can a gun shoot someone by itself?  Does a storm have a conscience?

What you fail to realize is that all bad things in this world are required for life to exist.  In fact, a lot of the
"evils" out there provide us with more pleasure than pain.  We need conflict (both internal and external) in our lives in order to grow and mature.  Without it, we would never be who we are today.  

If you don't believe me (and I can't say I blame you), name one instance in your life where you matured from an experience that wasn't without internal and/or external conflict.

These are just my thoughts about it.  These are by no means an absolute about how I perceive humanity.  What says you, Z?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:55:35 am by GenesisOne »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: November 12, 2009, 01:59:52 am »
We need conflict (both internal and external) in our lives in order to grow and mature.  Without it, we would never be who we are today.  

Complete tangent.  I agree with you on this specific thing--tough things in our life can cause major growth.  Although I do feel the need to add that there are some things that that nothing good can come from.  Sure, they may shape us, but they only shape us for the worse.

Just my two cents on a very minor thing you said.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:35 am »
I nevertheless feel the need for internal, spiritual guidance and comfort as I face the day's struggles.

Yet, if you recognize that atheists can be ethical people with meaningful lives, this statement equates to, "I'm so weak that I need a spiritual crutch to get me through the day." I get by fine on my desires and goals. I have an appreciation of beauty. I have purpose and meaning in life. And I do all of it without believing in fantasy.

As for the horrible state of the world as being "proof enough" for the idiocy of spiritualism, do realize that a lot of the evil that is in this world is mostly self-inflicted (drugs, alcohol, shooting up, etc.), inflicted on others (rape, murder, assault, kidnapping, etc.) and naturally occurring (earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires, and other natural disasters).

It's erroneous to assign evil to that which isn't inherently evil.  Can a needle shoot up someone by itself?  Can a gun shoot someone by itself?  Does a storm have a conscience?

What you fail to realize is that all bad things in this world are required for life to exist.  In fact, a lot of the
"evils" out there provide us with more pleasure than pain.  We need conflict (both internal and external) in our lives in order to grow and mature.  Without it, we would never be who we are today. 

My original point is that karma doesn't exist. Evil people can commit evil and get away with it. Robber barons of yesteryear lived until their death in posh mansions pursuing their own ideals of happiness. Murderers and rapists escape conviction. Conversely, good people can be saints and still suffer and be punished, and have their positive actions negated. There is no divine justice or karma that provides restitution for either.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: November 12, 2009, 02:09:23 am »
Thank you, Z.

Frankly, I find the concept of karma to be disgusting and insulting..

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4540 on: November 12, 2009, 02:52:50 am »
I'm frustrated because my Driving instructor won't let me go the speed limit.
He's having me go 20M.P.H. in a 35M.P.H. area.
As a result there are people behind me that are driving too close to me.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4541 on: November 12, 2009, 11:04:30 am »
Quote from: Zeality
Yet, if you recognize that atheists can be ethical people with meaningful lives, this statement equates to, "I'm so weak that I need a spiritual crutch to get me through the day." I get by fine on my desires and goals. I have an appreciation of beauty. I have purpose and meaning in life. And I do all of it without believing in fantasy.

Except that you do have spiritual aid in your Springtime of Youth. It may not have anything to do with God or religion in general, but its spiritual all the same, and I doubt you would consider that a crutch.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: November 12, 2009, 11:28:50 am »
Frankly, I find the concept of karma to be disgusting and insulting.

All forms of karma or just the western, bastardization of the concept?

Many believe in karma as one's attachment to the world. It isn't "good" or "bad," but a bond. Killing someone doesn't give you "bad karma," it could even be said to not give you karma at all, but rather is a result of the karma you already have (that is, you are too attached to the world, and so murder is something that is acceptable to you). Anything that increases your connection to the world could be said to be "bad" while anything that reduces that connection could be said to be "good," but these concepts would be fairly different from the ethics westerners tend to think of. Murder is bad, but so is marriage (of any sort).

Which isn't to attempt to defend karma itself, just to note that karma is different than what we tend to mean by the word.

And I do all of it without believing in fantasy.

Perhaps, but unlikely. Everyone believes in fantasy, even if that fantasy isn't "religion." That you think that you are fantasy-free is, in all likelihood, a fantasy in itself.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: November 12, 2009, 01:38:57 pm »

That's a very blunt way of putting it.

I appreciate beauty in this world, I have desires and goals, and I have purpose and meaning in my life.  I'm also running the same race you are and jumping over the same hurdles as you are, so why are you tripping me up and calling something I find inspiration in a crutch?

I can easily flip it around on your statement, which can equate to, "I'm so grounded in reality and happy with the way my life's going that I'm too good for providence and outside assistance."

And I do all of it without believing in fantasy.

Um, wasn’t it the fictional work called Naruto that you picked up the “Springtime of Youth” concept from?  :lee:   

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: November 12, 2009, 01:57:10 pm »
Um, wasn’t it the fictional work called Naruto that you picked up the “Springtime of Youth” concept from?  :lee:   

From what I understand, "Springtime of Youth" (青春) is a concept in Japan much older than Naruto. Don't know much about it though.