Author Topic: What's your "Worst game Ever"?  (Read 4879 times)

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your "Worst game Ever"?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 09:15:15 pm »
Hmmm...... My worst game ever.. I really can't say that I have played games I hated of sucked at but one sticks out like a sore thumb when you talk about worst games, and that would be Mario Party series. I'm never been a fan of these games because The kids my mom watches consume time on the counsel when I could be playing some good game like SSBB or Blue Dragon (I moved My 360 out of my room because my TV sucks).

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »
Mario Party games aren't bad; It's just a more interactive version of a board game.

Nevertheless, they've sucked more and more since Mario Party 3 came out.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:13 am »

Anywho, on the actual topic. I was pretty disappointed by the game "The Bouncer" from Squaresoft(maybe...SquareEnix at that time). Maybe you guys remembered that game?

Actually this is one of the last games made before the Square/Enix merger. This might contribute to its awfulness.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 09:19:12 am »

Anywho, on the actual topic. I was pretty disappointed by the game "The Bouncer" from Squaresoft(maybe...SquareEnix at that time). Maybe you guys remembered that game?

Actually this is one of the last games made before the Square/Enix merger. This might contribute to its awfulness.

Good Point...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 10:03:33 am »
I bought it, and I didn't see anything wrong with it... It was just a run of the mill beat 'em up. The combat definitely could've been deeper, though.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 12:18:12 pm »
I bought it, and I didn't see anything wrong with it... It was just a run of the mill beat 'em up. The combat definitely could've been deeper, though.

But you have to admit that it's not near Square quality. We have a right to expect much more from them.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 12:53:15 pm »
Nah, you're right. I listed that as an example....because I'm having a hard time to find a game that really gave me such a horrible experience (lol). I just remember getting "The Bouncer", and expecting a really TOP notch game. Not saying it's completely horrible...but hell, it could of been a whole lot better. It was the first game for the PS2, so my hopes for it were really high.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »
Nah, you're right. I listed that as an example....because I'm having a hard time to find a game that really gave me such a horrible experience (lol). I just remember getting "The Bouncer", and expecting a really TOP notch game. Not saying it's completely horrible...but hell, it could of been a whole lot better. It was the first game for the PS2, so my hopes for it were really high.

And that is another very valid point. It was the first game for a new system. Nobody knew the true capabilities for the thing, and as are tons of games that are released during the launch of a system, I viewed it as more of a tech demo than anything.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 04:03:26 pm »
Yeah. Lair was the most anticipated Launch title for the PS3 but that was a major dissapointment. I think what the problem is with Launch Titles is that too much time is spent building up the Hype and not on the actual game. MGS4 was delayed many times, and now it's spectacular. If Lair was delayed for last minute tweaking, it probably would've been amazing.

600TH POST!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 11:23:53 pm »
Worst game that i've played hmm..Megaman Soccer X_X

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 04:17:27 am »
Chrono Trigger.
J/K :lol:
Actually it would be Croc: The Legend of the Gobbos
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/croclegendofthegobbos/index.html?tag=stats;img

I thought it would be like Mario 64. boy, was I wrong.

EDIT: how do you insert a hyperlink here?

Hmm that's weird. I loved Croc, when I was little. Although the gameplay sucked because it was rigity I loved the game and the secret final boss was FKING HARD.

The worst game for me... I usually pick good ones when playing. I guess it's gotta be... Ok I got 2

1.Bioshock. Not really anything wrong with it. BUT THE GRAPHICS!! It's not that I HATE THEM! IT's THAT THEY ARE TOO GOOD!! I can't play the game on my BRAND NEW computer. It can't comprehend it. That's really sad to...

2. Final Fantasy 4... It was like having root canals done on all of my teeth without numbing and I don't even know how a root canal feels... never had one.

Either way. I find it hard to believe I pushed through that piece of shit.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 10:31:29 am »

2. Final Fantasy 4... It was like having root canals done on all of my teeth without numbing and I don't even know how a root canal feels... never had one.

Do you mean the one with Cecil Harvey? Aye, that was my least favorite one, but it wasn't bad. I just found it incredibly difficult (I still haven't killed Zeromus).

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 12:41:37 pm »

Interesting. FFIV was actually one of my favorite FFs. What did you not like about the game?

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 01:07:07 pm »
I've heard a lot of good things about Final Fantasy IV as well....haha. I'm actually planning on playing it. Don't know if I should just play the original or play the remake for the DS coming out soon.

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 01:30:11 pm »
I've heard a lot of good things about Final Fantasy IV as well....haha. I'm actually planning on playing it. Don't know if I should just play the original or play the remake for the DS coming out soon.

If you have not played either I would suggest waiting for the DS remake, since it looks like everything is getting a boost (graphics, gameplay, story, music, et cetera). then again, with the bad translation of the original in some parts there are some very funny quotes, so it might be worth it to play that at some point just to see how far it came.