Author Topic: What's your "Worst game Ever"?  (Read 5021 times)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: What's your "Worst game Ever"?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 01:54:30 pm »

1.Bioshock. Not really anything wrong with it. BUT THE GRAPHICS!! It's not that I HATE THEM! IT's THAT THEY ARE TOO GOOD!! I can't play the game on my BRAND NEW computer. It can't comprehend it. That's really sad to...
Bioshock was a intended to be a spiritual successor to system shock 2, what it ended up being was a down right rip-off of it but not as good. If you want to play it, just find a copy of System shock it will run fine on your computer and you'll enjoy it leagues more the Bioshock.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 03:18:19 pm »
I've heard a lot of good things about Final Fantasy IV as well....haha. I'm actually planning on playing it. Don't know if I should just play the original or play the remake for the DS coming out soon.

If you have not played either I would suggest waiting for the DS remake, since it looks like everything is getting a boost (graphics, gameplay, story, music, et cetera). then again, with the bad translation of the original in some parts there are some very funny quotes, so it might be worth it to play that at some point just to see how far it came.
Respectfully noted!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 04:36:20 pm »
If you have not played either I would suggest waiting for the DS remake, since it looks like everything is getting a boost (graphics, gameplay, story, music, et cetera). then again, with the bad translation of the original in some parts there are some very funny quotes, so it might be worth it to play that at some point just to see how far it came.

There are ways that one can obtain slightly dubious copies of FFIV that are not subject to bad translations and has superior game mechanics to the American Release (every character has a "special" ability that was sometimes taken out of the original American release, like the Dark Knight Cecil being able to use the Dark Wave attack). As such, I'd highly recommend playing the "original" (retranslated). Wonderful gameplay, wonderful plot, etc. Considering that the remake of previous FF games have at times been below the quality of the original releases (the remake of FFI sticks out in my mind as an abomination), I do not have high hopes for the remake of FFIV.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 04:41:25 pm »
Which is exactly why I don't want an FF7 remake coming out. Thank you, Thought.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 04:53:18 pm »
Just think, in the remake of FFVII they'd probably try to make it more gritty, which in video games seems to often translate into angst.

Or they'd replace Cloud with Dante. I could live with that.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 04:56:17 pm »
Y'know, if FFVII was released nowadays, it would've gotten an M rating. We don't want that.

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »
There are ways that one can obtain slightly dubious copies of FFIV that are not subject to bad translations and has superior game mechanics to the American Release (every character has a "special" ability that was sometimes taken out of the original American release, like the Dark Knight Cecil being able to use the Dark Wave attack). As such, I'd highly recommend playing the "original" (retranslated). Wonderful gameplay, wonderful plot, etc. Considering that the remake of previous FF games have at times been below the quality of the original releases (the remake of FFI sticks out in my mind as an abomination), I do not have high hopes for the remake of FFIV.

True, that is always a possibility (Which FFI remake are we talking about anyway? Also, many of them were not really remakes per se, at least not how I see them). However, that is not always the case. I played a translated FFIII and enjoyed the remake on the DS more, so I think there is a lot of potential for the FFIV remake. I Suppose we'll know soon enough if it lives up to expectations or not.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 05:51:12 pm »
One thing about FFIV was the graphics. They were crisp and clean, but noit in a good way. SOmetimes, playing it so much would make me start to feel sick... I just didn't like the game.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 06:33:44 pm »
Which FFI remake are we talking about anyway?

I was thinking specifically of the Dawn of Souls version (I generally forget that there were other remakes; never played those, personally).

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 11:00:19 pm »
Y'know, if FFVII was released nowadays, it would've gotten an M rating. We don't want that.

What makes you think that?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 11:26:41 pm »

Blood, Graphic Violence, Graphic Language (with characters that sear every 5 minutes I might add), Sexual and Suggestive Themes, Crude Humor, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Partial Nudity, etc...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2008, 01:07:30 pm »

Blood, Graphic Violence, Graphic Language (with characters that sear every 5 minutes I might add), Sexual and Suggestive Themes, Crude Humor, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Partial Nudity, etc...

But it had all those things before. I'm not sure why you think having them again would result in a different rating.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 02:56:56 pm »
Because the ESRB has ghotten 5 times worse since 11 years ago.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 06:23:06 pm »
On the subject of FFIV, I have to say it was my favorite in the series. I loved the battle system, I loved the character development, I loved the story, I loved everything about it. The music was the best of any FF, IMO.

One fault I did find with it was that it was a pain to level up as much as they wanted you to between each dungeon. That's one of the reasons I loved CT and CC so much. If you play through either game the first time, and fight every enemy once, you're a sufficient level to beat it.

The fight with Zeromus is actually VERY easy. Kain jumps, Edge throws stuff until he runs out, don't heal him, physicals until he dies. Rosa attacks with holy, Rydia with Nuke, then Rosa heals party with Cure4. Cecil is physicals the whole time. Then when Rosa dies, make sure to have a few Elixirs. Like 5 or 6. Physically attack with Cecil 2 turns, then use an elixir. He's gone in no time.

I solo'd Zeromus with a level 61 Cecil once. I made sure that all of my characters were dead by the time I [SPOILER] reached the bottom of the Crystal Tower [/SPOILER] and ended up using 13 or 14 elixirs.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 01:36:51 am »
Not to get into this whole FFVII remake talk...  But I would play it just to see Cid in all his PS3 glory.  I mean, did you SEE him in Advent Children?  They even had the run right!