Author Topic: I'm new, please don't bite  (Read 4286 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new, please don't bite
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 11:11:18 pm »
Sure, sure. That's what's written there.  8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:37:05 am by cupn00dles »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 11:52:32 pm »
I think it's hilarious how these welcome thread turn into some huge topic about some random thing.

I bet all these newcomers are like, "WTF are there guys on?!"  :lol:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 12:14:37 am »
Ich kann nicht deutsches wert Steckfassung sprechen, aber ich glaube, heraus so hier ich einen on-line-Übersetzer verwendend, um Deutsches zu sprechen daß link bin.

Heh. You know, it's funny, but usually one can't understand those on-line translators. But at least I got the gist of what you typed into it. Let me guess...

I can not German word (?) speak, but I believe, (can't recall what heraus is) so here I an on-line-overlayer (?), so that German to speak that (link?) is.

Close. Heh. I'm trying to figure out what Herr J there said.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

Okay, some of that does make sense to me. Close as I can get...

'When is the lunch (git?) and (Slotermeyer)? Yes! (Beiherhund?) the (?) the Flipperwaldt (gersput?).

Nope, it's hopeless. I don't know if Slotermeyer or Beiherhund or Flipperwaldt are words (though 'waldt' is forest and 'hund' is dog...) Was it even supposed to make sense? Or is it a dialect? Or... what?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 04:00:59 am »
Ich kann nicht deutsches wert Steckfassung sprechen, aber ich glaube, heraus so hier ich einen on-line-Übersetzer verwendend, um Deutsches zu sprechen daß link bin.

Heh. You know, it's funny, but usually one can't understand those on-line translators. But at least I got the gist of what you typed into it. Let me guess...

I can not German word (?) speak, but I believe, (can't recall what heraus is) so here I an on-line-overlayer (?), so that German to speak that (link?) is.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

'When is the lunch (git?) and (Slotermeyer)? Yes! (Beiherhund?) the (?) the Flipperwaldt (gersput?).

Nope, it's hopeless. I don't know if Slotermeyer or Beiherhund or Flipperwaldt are words (though 'waldt' is forest and 'hund' is dog...) Was it even supposed to make sense? Or is it a dialect? Or... what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpjk_MaCGM
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 04:10:21 am by Lord J esq »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 01:02:52 pm »
Basically I said:

I can't speak German worth jack, but I feel left out so I'm using an on-line translator.

I used http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr for the translator, in case you were curious. It doesn't surprise me that they fail so miserably. German and other similiar languages often leave the verb at the end completely messing up the whole scheme of the sentence, and the translator seems built to think on English grammar rules only, which is just plain idiotic. If you're going to make a computer translator, have it understand the grammar rules and parsing for each and every language it can translate into and from or else it just isn't worthwhile.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 03:09:58 pm »
I think it's hilarious how these welcome thread turn into some huge topic about some random thing.

I bet all these newcomers are like, "WTF are there guys on?!"  :lol:

Remember my welcome thread? ¬.¬

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 03:27:31 pm »
君たちが性交しながら寝りますよ! :lee:

Sweet Jeezuz, I'm overwhelmed.

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 04:18:13 pm »
(gets in epoch and travels to a time that makes sense)....(gets out and sees lavos)  Holy #@it!!  I cant take this anymore :shock: Revenge!!!! (gets killed and comes back with sanity intact)  I'm done in this post unless I'm lured back in :|

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 04:23:28 pm »
(gets in epoch and travels to a time that makes sense)....(gets out and sees lavos)  Holy #@it!!  I cant take this anymore :shock: Revenge!!!! (gets killed and comes back with sanity intact)  I'm done in this post unless I'm lured back in :|

Good idea. Get out while you still can!

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 04:29:04 pm »
Common Man!!  You can still make it and escape with me and someone else of your choosing :shock:  Pick well, the time meter in the epoch broke and I dont know where we'll end up :o!!  Oh crap, the space time continuem has deteriorated and has caused a copy of lavos for every time he was seen to appear....It's the mega apacolypse :shock:

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 04:37:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpjk_MaCGM

Oh, thanks! I've never seen that before. Funny stuff.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 05:53:45 pm »
君たちが性交しながら寝りますよ! :lee:
Sweet Jeezuz, I'm overwhelmed.

You might think it's a good reason for that, and that it happens to everyone. But no it isn't, and no it doesn't.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 09:03:08 am »
Movie is kinda funny, even though I didn't get one German word, seems to be some southern-east-northern-west-city-country dialect I'm not used to.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 04:54:35 pm »
Movie is kinda funny, even though I didn't get one German word, seems to be some southern-east-northern-west-city-country dialect I'm not used to.

It's not German at all. It's Monty Python, thus it's mock German. Ie. it has the same sound as German, but means nothing.