Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336110 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3375 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:59 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-romney-rejects-gay-marriage-pledge-230845356.html

Sometimes, I can almost respect this man. He has done some interesting things, even if he seems to be a privileged business shill.

Also, fuck social conservatives in Iowa. I'm going to pioneer the Quantum Leap project and send them back to 800 A.D. so they can live out their fantasies.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: July 13, 2011, 03:42:32 am »
The plot thickens.

Back is still a tad stiff but certainly getting better.  Just gotta be sure to take it easy these coming days.

Short Film - BOOKED

Nice mini comedy show tonight.  Kyle Dunnigan (Reno 911) popped in.  Pretty cool, considering it was a pizza joint.

Two national commercial auditions tomorrow.  PUMPED

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: July 16, 2011, 01:57:33 pm »
Earlier, I talked about how I loved my local pizza joint and how it's better than other big places, right?

My aunt lives in one of those middle-of-nowhere towns. Mom and I went out to visit, so we're looking around town, for something to do. We eventually find a nice little diner, and we sit in for breakfast. It's not anything fancy. Omlettes, coffee, homefries, all that sort of stuff. They actually had to close early because they ran out of eggs. It was the best breakfast I had had in a long, LONG time.

Local places: WIN.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: July 16, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »
I think I just had a dry orgasm. I haven't had decent chocolate in awhile, and so I got some of Ghirardelli's darkest chocolate out there. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3379 on: July 17, 2011, 07:57:31 am »
@Shee: Go for it!  :D

@BoT: Everytime I see your posts, thanks to your avatar, I kinda imagine a little Chibi Serge speaking with his squeaky voice. The feeling amplified when you talked about fans in the Mitsuda thread. xDDD For my own amusement and everyone else's, please don't change your avatar.

@Everyone_Else: My newest favorite animal. Monkeys! I saw a wild one today, and boy, did it fly! Like a ninja! O_O

Oh, I also saw a fox-hound. Or that may simply have been a fox all along.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3380 on: July 19, 2011, 04:22:20 pm »
Saw Shutter Island today, and I have but three things to say.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

No, I'm not complaining about the ending and the twist. But seriously. WHAT THE FUCK!

Disregarding that, story was interesting, the direction was only above average, and the film brings a lot of questions to mind. Two among the most horrible ones pertaining to reality are as follows:

1) That ten people can point a finger at a sane man and call him insane, and the world would believe it.

2) (This one is another hammer to that nail in my thoughts) That a human mind... is not infallible, no matter how hard you attempt to perfect it.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: July 19, 2011, 06:02:36 pm »
Update on the situation with my aunt: they did the surgery and removed the cancer from her breast. It's looking like they got all of it, but we'll have to wait for the pathology report.

On a side note, the advances in medical type stuff is amazing. My mom and dad were flabbergasted that my aunt had this surgery on Tuesday and was able to come home on Wednesday. Not like the week after, but just the DAY after. There was a time when a surgery like that would leave you in the hospital for a week if you were really lucky.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:22 am »
BRRRRRRRRRRRRWHAT

Long story how the game came back into my possession/playing time, but when this track hit I immediately remembered it.  And everything stopped.  Fuck me.  It's good.  Next victim movie will be supplied with this.

[youtube]RUDAHSoJhwY&feature=related[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3383 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:02 am »
@BoT: Hah! Your hope has been answered.  :D Go, give her a hug!

I just got mah YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES - BLACK ICE! Read the first chapter here!

Yup! First Europe, then America, and now he travels to Moscow. His brothers in trouble and all shit breaks loose (and more chase scenes; damn).

Haven't read it yet, but sheeit, I can't wait to! I wonder what the new villain is like, or whether Baron Maupertuis returns.

Quote from: Sherlock
Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?
Quote from: Sherlock
Sherlock Holmes: People have died.
Jim Moriarty: That's what people DO!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: July 21, 2011, 07:02:53 pm »
Huzzah for the SimCity love!

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: July 27, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
I'm watching Star Trek for the first time.

And even though the writing is often just terrible, wow. It's so -- I dunno. It's endearing, and insightful, and profound, despite its simplicity and some hilarious lapses in judgment on the part of the writers. I wish modern writers thought profundity was more important than making things look sleek. 

Also it's just adorable when they go all LITERATURE!!! on the audience. Data discovering Sherlock Holmes made me smile.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3386 on: July 27, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
Let us know after you get halfway into season four of TNG. I'm curious if anyone shares my favorite episode, but I don't want to create any expectations...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: July 27, 2011, 11:10:07 pm »
I'm watching Star Trek for the first time.

The first time?!

I envy you, Wesley Crusher.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: July 29, 2011, 04:37:12 am »
Another breakthrough in class.  Another bound forward.  After BOMBING (just an open mic thankfully) for the first time in a while too.  Not that long ago the entire day would've been shot.  Not now.  Wonderful learning experience.

Steps.

Progress.

Joy.

Return Of The Don.
8/7.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: July 31, 2011, 10:30:29 pm »
The first time?!

I envy you, Wesley Crusher.

Having to play a lot of catch-up with pop culture has its advantages! It's nice to be on the other side of nostalgia when it comes to something as well-loved as Star Trek.