Author Topic: Now what does this remind you of?  (Read 1638 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: Now what does this remind you of?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 02:19:34 am »
http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/
http://www.ethanhasswasright.com/
http://www.1-18-08.com/
http://www.slusho.jp/index.html

this is the secound time I have posted these links here. All of which have to do with the trailer. Yes, even slusho.

J J Abrams has said that the only sites about the movie is the 1-18-08 and Slusho, and that ethen hass is not their's. Although Paramount is removing both movie trailers and vids from ethen hass from youtube(cover-up?). Common theories is that it is Godzilla, A giant lion, Voltron, aliens, cthulhu, Ragnarök, or genetic experiments.

A seriously doubt it is Godzilla; I also doubt the lion thing, as what the guy says certainly doesn't sound like 'lion' but 'alive.'

And really, I don't believe that Abrams thing. Seriously, one person pointed out that certain words in that release of his were capitalized in an odd way. It's all part of the gimmick. And I think the Ethan Haas thing (if I read the blog posts right) is related to Slusho, and Slusho (whatever it is; I haven't gone to the site yet) to the movie. I think they are all connected. At any rate, the posts on the blog seem to follow the unsettled forbodeing mood set by the trailer. I'm willing to bet they are connected. I still stand by saying that, based on the way the blog speaks, and the very tiny little bit I've heard about Lovecraft, it's something like that. The only strange thing I see is, well, the fire seems not to be something like fire-breathing, but almost... mechanical in form. Notice the explosion, and notice the streaks that fly off. They themeselves explode, almost like missiles. Weird, eh? But like I said, I'd figure this not to be a monster movie like a Godzilla or something even remotely silly. See, watch the trailer, and watch the mood. A monster movie would either be silly or dramatic. Even when it tries to be scary, it focusses the scary in a very different way. This trailer, for some weird reason, is extremely unsetteling. And I think I know why: the strage juxtoposition between a mysterious going away party which is in some very unexplained way connected with what appears to be an almost apoctolyptic occurance. Who is this Rob? There's a lot of weird things with it, and you can tell something just isn't right. And not in the 'isn't right' way of 'there's a party and something's going to happen to the people', but something about the people, or a person, connected to it is awry in feel. For this I feel inclined to utterly dismiss the notion that it is a simple monster movie, as a monster would not be connected originally to the protagonists/characters at a party, and I have a gut feeling this is. They just don't set things up like this. So, again, I'm sticking with this being something very different.

By the way, note the thing, whatever it is, is called 'the parasite.' That's not a lion. That's not Godzilla. It's a dead ringer for Lavos, of course, but I think that's coincidence. I don't know Lovecraft's work: is there a parasititical entity in it? Because like I said, from the bit I've ever seen, moodwise this trailer is of that nature.

And kudos to the maker of the trailer. They are a true cinematic artist.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 03:43:12 am »

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 04:03:02 am »
aside from all the...stuff, it's a pretty awesome trailer

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 04:46:39 pm »
wtf has slusho  got to do with the trailer.
really, other than the story about drinking some crazy shit found on the bottom of the ocean i see no possible relationship.
i'd look at the video on the http://www.ethanhasswasright.com/ but watching unexpected stuff at 6am can be disturbing tenfold than it would be at other times.

most people think its godzilla due to the car being thrown and the relevance to japan "where the guy is taking a trip to", make people think of big monster throwing cars around, slip in japan reference and you get "godzilla lol".
and yeah daniel if you listen to it a few times its clearly alive.
where does the parasite information come from if i might ask?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 07:04:25 am »
wtf has slusho  got to do with the trailer.
really, other than the story about drinking some crazy shit found on the bottom of the ocean i see no possible relationship.
i'd look at the video on the http://www.ethanhasswasright.com/ but watching unexpected stuff at 6am can be disturbing tenfold than it would be at other times.

most people think its godzilla due to the car being thrown and the relevance to japan "where the guy is taking a trip to", make people think of big monster throwing cars around, slip in japan reference and you get "godzilla lol".
and yeah daniel if you listen to it a few times its clearly alive.
where does the parasite information come from if i might ask?

I saw something else mention it, but it's just a vague name anyway. The slusho thing... I've not seen it first hand, but apparently it's on the t-shirt of one of the girls at the party.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 05:13:31 pm »
Interesting that the video on EthanHaasWasRight talks about time travel.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 05:49:08 pm »
Abrams said that the Ethan Haas things has nothing to do with his movie...but I don't believe him

DMagusEdwards

• Porrean (+50)
  • Kill...Loot...Repeat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 01:17:16 pm »
My bet is that it is one of them apocolypse movie genre things. Y'know, like War of the Worlds (Tom was crazy, gay, and cannot act at all) or Armageddon (dunno if I spelled that right). Only, it is giant monster thingy that spits fireballs and has a deep hatred of cars and skyscraper.

Doubt it is Godzilla, he always nukes Japan, not here in America.

Maybe influenced by CT. To the rest of the audience, just some horror flick.

Trailer gets 4/5. (No title, no 5. Sorry.)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 01:20:46 pm »
I finally beat all those stupid puzzles on Ethan Haas Was Right. The clips were not really worth it.

I wasn't saying it was definitely Godzilla, it was just the first thing I thought of in the theater when I saw the trailer for the first time. I'm hoping it isn't Godzilla. I'm sick of those movies personally.

I am hoping that Etahn Haas Was Right is related to this new movie, because I really do enjoy time travel/alternate universe movies.

Why do you think I love CT so much?

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:03 pm »
slusho is on the guys t-shirt, and his friend is going to japan to live and probably work this is mentioned in the slusho history, I also think that Ethan Hass is related  My guess is Lovecraft, Giant robot, or some crazy compound in slusho that mutates people or animals. All of of which will probably be done kind of blare witch style with camcorders. I hope it's Lovecraft some of his stories are just creepy. All though Cthulhu did crash in to earth millions of years ago, and lies sleeping deep beneath the pacific ocean waiting to reawaken to destroy humanity, Lovecraft even gave coordinates (Latitude 47° 9' S, Longitude 126° 43' W in the southern Pacific Ocean) this is near by the mysterious BLOOP.

Also it doesn't say "its alive" nor does it say "It's a lion" its obviously say "it's a lime".

DMagusEdwards

• Porrean (+50)
  • Kill...Loot...Repeat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 11:26:18 am »
Who the hell is Cthulu?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 11:53:49 am »
Who the hell is Cthulu?
Cthulhu. He is a Great Old One or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:31 pm »
CHRONO TRIGGER: THE MOVIE
Ragnarok
French class

Zanis

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 01:51:29 am »
Who the hell is Cthulu?
Cthulhu. He is a Great Old One or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

lol it sounds almost exactly like lavos. wut with the outer space and the millions of years old, even the chinese cult that claims immortallity because of Cthulhu (sounds like some crazy queen we all kno lol/0