Author Topic: Square needs to pay attention to what they're doing  (Read 665 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Square needs to pay attention to what they're doing
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:23:58 pm »
In the CC sequence where you see all the scenes in the game+"Kid" walking around modern day Japan, I found a mistake. In the point where you see Serge's party on of the Fate isles, you can see Starky and Kid are with him. Note that Kid isn't avilable in this part of the game.

Plus, in the very begining when you see Serge falling into Another World. You see the normal cinematic whenever you cross worlds except for the first time, which they are supposed to show.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:17:13 pm »
I'm not sure if those are "mistakes".

The cutscene with Serge falling defintly was NOT a mistake.  They did that on purpose, so that nothing would be given away.  They wanted some stuf to be a mystery to you.  That was defintly intentional.

As for the ending thing with Starky, that's probably the same case as in the beginning if you let the game run.  You see tons of stuff that can't actually happen in the game, with enemies being in certain places, etc.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 02:41:48 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
As for the ending thing with Starky, that's probably the same case as in the beginning if you let the game run.  You see tons of stuff that can't actually happen in the game, with enemies being in certain places, etc.

Yes, it's like in FFChronicles, Frog is shown in the party when they fight Zombor on Zenan Bridge...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 07:18:33 pm »
Perhaps they're the results of alternate timelines/dimensions/w/e!!! :wink:

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 12:30:35 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
They did that on purpose, so that nothing would be given away.

Yeah, it's so important we're not spoiled the beginining, now that we've finally reached the ending.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 12:33:20 pm »
Well, it was probably just like demo or promotional stuff...or perhaps just some old testing or something...

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 12:42:35 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
some old testing or something...

The thing is, I figured it might of been from a Beta or Alpah version. That's why I said they need to pay more attention to what they're doing: They're putting things that were cut down from the full version in something as a cinematic. Fans would be bound to notice sometime, and these kinds of things matter... At least to me!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Square needs to pay attention to what they're doing
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 12:43:09 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Plus, in the very begining when you see Serge falling into Another World. You see the normal cinematic whenever you cross worlds except for the first time, which they are supposed to show.

Maybe that what happens when someone uses the Astral Amulet to bring someone (Serge) from dimension B to dimension A, instead of using it to go themselves from dimension A to B...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 12:50:45 pm »
Well, what's wrong w/adding some scenes from betas or w/e? It's the ending, so everything's just like a lil plus anyways...I mean, basically you're just seeing crap you could have seen in the game if they weren't how they are...