Author Topic: Forced Split-Demensional Timeline Theorum - Debunking the Time Bastard Theory  (Read 1183 times)

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
Ok, so we have the Time Bastard Theory.
I go to a time that I already exist in, the other me gets forced out of time completely to conserve the density of the universe.

But, this logic completely ignores all aspects of what Quantum Physics is based off of, primarily being Quantum Superpostition. If one universe exists, and another does, they both contain the same particles. Now, if one universe exists with a certain arrangment of particles, and another exists with a different arrangement of particles, a third MUST exist with both arrangments of particles existing at the given time. So basically, due to this fundamental law of quantum physics, two arrangments of the same particles can exist in one universe without changing the density of the universe.

So, my question is, is the Time Bastard Theory false because of quantum physics, or are the physics of Chrono Trigger different than that of our collective existence?(collective meaning all the universes/dimensions and everything in between them)

I personally think that the Time Bastard Theory is proven false thanks to the fundamental laws of Quantum Physics. Any input is greatly appriciated.

EDIT: I have another possible explination for what happened to Magus/Janus and Malcheior, and an explination fixing the Time Travelers Immunity Theory/One Crono Paradox.

With Quantum Disposition(Superposition), the act of observing particles in a certain arrangment causes them to be definite and "of the Universe/dimension". So, when Crono and Co. defeate Lavos and all go back to their happy lives, the act of people observing them causes them to be of that dimension.

Changing the past would undoubtedly cause them to be of be a new dimension, in which a dimension without the changed timeline causes the original Time-Travelling Crono and Co. to exist.

So what happens to the New, non-Time-Traveling Crono and Co. you ask? Well, it's actually really simple. They disappear. They no longer exist in THAT dimension. Of course, they still do very much exist. They are preserved in another or many other dimensions with multiple possibilities as to why they are alive and not time travelling.

I have dubbed this the Forced Split-Demensional Timeline Phenomenon.

Now for the Janus and Malcheior problem. I think belive that the Entity created a gate sending them through time to prevent a paradox from happening.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:58:30 am by whatthebleepady »

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
I am not much learned in these Quantum mechanics (having earned a lecture in a similar matter from Broj) but i do believe that your theory is worth discussing..

And as for Janus and Melchior, the Gate is a really practical (and sometimes clean) solution to such time and dimensional matters..

So what happens to the New, non-Time-Traveling Crono and Co. you ask? Well, it's actually really simple. They disappear. They no longer exist in THAT dimension. Of course, they still do very much exist. They are preserved in another or many other dimensions with multiple possibilities as to why they are alive and not time travelling.

Well, there's the DBT to send them to, right?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:06:23 pm by VincentGAU8 »

Starman Invincible

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I was actually formulating a way to either explain TB more clearly or render it useless, myself.  Being a mere freshman, my thorough understanding of everything quantum stops at finite square wells.  However, I propose a different point of contention:

Why must energy be conserved in R5?

Think about it.  In order to account for time, a fourth dimension is usually defined to contain that concept.  In order to account for changing time, a fifth dimension could be defined.  I originally thought that a sixth dimension could be used to contain TB, but at one point energy is simply destroyed/created.  The fact is, a lot of the geometric properties that exist in the three spatial dimensions simply aren't defined in the temporal dimensions.  For all intents and purposes, the energy could simply be treated as information, being copied whenever time is changed to form a sort of time river delta.  Forward gate paths are preserved at branching points, and backward gates "create" the branching points.  This seems to be how most people instinctively view the Chrono universe, anyway, so why not?

Actually, a lot of explanations for theories seem rather convoluted to me...

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Your theory is pretty much what I have, but differently worded... and not as complex; the DBT is nothing more than a relative perspective. Just view the given dimensions in the Chronoverse as mutually exclusive(in the sense that they cannot be detected by one another under normal circumstances) 'sheets', created when unnatural modifications are made to the 4-D, stacked upon each other with their own topography(i.e. dimensional weaknesses) with Angeles Errare being the connection between a 'mountain and a 'valley'. I cover the rest of your theory in another post; here(it covers superposition as well as when equal priority packets of information take the same position)

I don't think Time Bastard Theory should be 'shunted', so to speak, but rather amended to say Time 'Adoption' Theory.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:29:43 pm by BROJ »

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
Yeah, in this instance I wasn't too sure if the particles would simply merge or one of them would be removed from that universe. It could happen either way, I just think the latter would be more likely. But, taking into consideration that Crono did wake up in his bed after defeating Lavos, the same way the beginning of the game was, the Entity could have put him in that same place just to merge him. Possibilities possibilities possibilities.