Author Topic: How would you improve the Compendium?  (Read 6134 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: How would you improve the Compendium?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 05:33:41 pm »
Probably not to much peoples' interests, but...How about a roleplaying section, or interactive fanfiction? A giant rp set in CT's world would be awesome.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 09:09:00 pm »
Probably not to much peoples' interests, but...How about a roleplaying section, or interactive fanfiction? A giant rp set in CT's world would be awesome.
too much hassle, to hard to do.

although, a D&D version of CT would be inticing, I for one don't see the point.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 06:38:01 am »
I would finish my damned fanfic...er...I guess I'd branch out to either other sci-fi time/dimensional travel media or perhaps other RPGs...But then it would barely be The Chrono Compendium that we all know and love and thus it wouldn't be an improvement at all...Man, I would suck at making a site...

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:05:39 am »

That is definetly a good idea :D

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 04:35:07 pm »

I know I'm bringing back an old topic by posting in this but this idea seems like it would be worth the hassle for the posts and laugh's we could get out of it, just need to make sure people wouldn't be to angry if they get ko'd from somebody that can think of a way to outdo them 8)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:44 pm »
I agree there as well...and RP section isn't really much of a hastle I don't think, buttt I guess it's up to whomever to do make it or not.

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 06:18:35 pm »
Ya, it would be alot of fun and laughs!!  Besides, couldn't an admin, just rename an old topic or subject, set some basic rules, and let it rip :)  I can see it now, the rp game of the compendium.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 06:50:14 am »

Faf, have I ever told you I love you?

That means I'm behind this.

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 04:26:54 pm »
It all goes back to the decision made by the forum admin's, but mybe they could be persuaded with a lanslide vote for the creation of an rp section :D to the election!!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 04:58:13 pm »
Then allow me to cast the first vote against a role-playing section. I've seen role-playing sections on many different forums, and they usually turn into control fest by the GMs of the various RPs, who tend to set rules and storylines arbitrarily and often refuse or otherwise alter a person's character if they don't like the actual roleplayer. In other words it turns into another form of a popularity contest.

There's also the fact that most roleplays never actually go anywhere and end up being a waste of space. Really, all they happen to be are collaborative stories, and those would be better off written without the mess that roleplaying forums provide.

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 05:04:31 pm »
I know that it would waste some space, but not if it fills the space left by other things, if all of last years posts were deleted with user post numbers left intact, then there'd probably be space to spare, but at the same time we could set the ultimate rule... NO RULES EXCEPT LANGUAGE RESTRICTIONS :D  As long as you keep your mouth clean, you can let your imagination run totally free and think of all manner of ways to strike down others, and if your stuck down then you can come up with some fantasy idea to return to this mortal coil :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:59 pm »
I'd rather have some collaborative fanfiction forum, like Project ZEAL. Once I get that feature ready and release the finished Project ZEAL prologue, you'll see how awesome it was. We took a neat plot line and had several authors writing from the perspectives of several heroes across time as they were lured to the End of Time. There, Gaspar would tell them of the situation and why they had been chosen. At any rate, it brought a lot of variety to the table and would have resulted in a fantastically engrossing and huge Chrono series fictional work. One of my aims is to revive that somehow with quality authors and posts. Those who participated in Project ZEAL knew that twenty lines of dialogue does not equal fan fiction. There were real, descriptive paragraphs and thoughtful dialogue; hardly the stuff you see on fanfiction.net. If ZEAL could be recreated (or reactivated, since the plot was pretty cool), we'd have something awesome. To be honest, roleplays don't have much value for those outside the community. But collaborative, well-executed fan fiction -- despite fiction's limited viewership -- can have lasting appeal.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 04:17:31 pm »
I'd rather have some collaborative fanfiction forum, like Project ZEAL. Once I get that feature ready and release the finished Project ZEAL prologue, you'll see how awesome it was. We took a neat plot line and had several authors writing from the perspectives of several heroes across time as they were lured to the End of Time. There, Gaspar would tell them of the situation and why they had been chosen. At any rate, it brought a lot of variety to the table and would have resulted in a fantastically engrossing and huge Chrono series fictional work. One of my aims is to revive that somehow with quality authors and posts. Those who participated in Project ZEAL knew that twenty lines of dialogue does not equal fan fiction. There were real, descriptive paragraphs and thoughtful dialogue; hardly the stuff you see on fanfiction.net. If ZEAL could be recreated (or reactivated, since the plot was pretty cool), we'd have something awesome. To be honest, roleplays don't have much value for those outside the community. But collaborative, well-executed fan fiction -- despite fiction's limited viewership -- can have lasting appeal.

Ah. I'd like to help do something like that. Could you elaborate more on the plot etc?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 08:22:43 pm »
A dimension exists in which Zeal never fell. In the span of a few centuries, Zeal outwardly looked the same; however, Zeal's civilization had expanded and its magic prowess had grown by leaps and bounds. This Zeal then began exploring time and dimensions, eventually devising a haphazard way to crack open other dimensions based around objects latent to this Zeal's own. This Zeal then proceeded to provide tons of experiments on time and other civilizations in several dimensions, crossing ethical boundaries and wrecking several peoples in the process in each world. However, their latest opening has granted access to the Keystone Dimension. Gaspar sees strange people coming in and out of the Sun Keep, apparently disappearing in time. Intrigued and fearful that temporal meddlers are preparing to change history under the radar, he arranges for several new heroes across time to arrive at the End of Time and help investigate these strange travelers (who are in actuality agents from that Zeal, which is called ZEAL (in all caps) for ease of reference).

We made it to the End of Time, which concluded the prologue and set the game up for its first real mission. Each mission would have explored questions about the series, like what caused Porre to rise, did Guardia come back after 1020 A.D., that kind of thing. But after the prologue was done, Symmetry (a co-creator) departed and my time evaporated as I struggled with the rest of the site and other projects (this was in 2004).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:24:44 pm by ZeaLitY »

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 07:32:01 am »
A dimension exists in which Zeal never fell. In the span of a few centuries, Zeal outwardly looked the same; however, Zeal's civilization had expanded and its magic prowess had grown by leaps and bounds. This Zeal then began exploring time and dimensions, eventually devising a haphazard way to crack open other dimensions based around objects latent to this Zeal's own. This Zeal then proceeded to provide tons of experiments on time and other civilizations in several dimensions, crossing ethical boundaries and wrecking several peoples in the process in each world. However, their latest opening has granted access to the Keystone Dimension. Gaspar sees strange people coming in and out of the Sun Keep, apparently disappearing in time. Intrigued and fearful that temporal meddlers are preparing to change history under the radar, he arranges for several new heroes across time to arrive at the End of Time and help investigate these strange travelers (who are in actuality agents from that Zeal, which is called ZEAL (in all caps) for ease of reference).

We made it to the End of Time, which concluded the prologue and set the game up for its first real mission. Each mission would have explored questions about the series, like what caused Porre to rise, did Guardia come back after 1020 A.D., that kind of thing. But after the prologue was done, Symmetry (a co-creator) departed and my time evaporated as I struggled with the rest of the site and other projects (this was in 2004).

Sounds awesome. So, Gaspar's manipulating the heroes to try and stop this 'ZEAL'?

If there's any way I could help reviving it, let me know.