Author Topic: Crazy Ideas Thread (outdated)  (Read 29782 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Ideas Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2007, 10:23:33 am »
Excellent.

Well, we can weed out all the petals, items, and just make a the special armours/weapons hidden in areas/chests instead. Ruby Mail's could be in the Valley of the Giants.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2007, 10:29:01 am »
Eh...I'd rather not go THAT far, since in doing so we might also have to ditch the entire Hunting Range, and given that it's one of the few real 65,000,000 B.G. places...no, all we have to do is rework the number of items used and the actual items gathered...perhaps replacing feathers with bundles of feathers(which are actually useful for, among other things, balancing arrows) and petals with skins. Hell...maybe we can even integrate a quality system...but let's not go that far if we don't really have to.

In any case, I see no need to ditch the system entirely...merely rework it.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2007, 10:36:55 am »
Ahhh.
Though I would like to take out Ruby Mails and put them somewhere tough instead of the Trading Post.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2007, 10:38:59 am »
Mmm...have them mentioned somewhere as armour for higher up Reptites or something, so they're not just mysteriously manufactured out of nothing...other than that, I have no problem with this at all.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2007, 10:42:23 am »
Cool. I didn't like the fact the the old man in Ioka just happened to find enough rubies to make an entire mail set out of it. (let alone an infinite amount -- provided that you have enough petals, etc)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2007, 10:48:57 am »
Aye...though I don't think it was really the old man so much as the tribe, but yes...manufacturing of the various weapons and helms is bad enough for a Stone Age people at best...it stretches credibility to see a full suit of armour forged by the hands of such people...not that they couldn't learn how, mind. They simply do not have the tools or the knowledge to create such armour.

We need something new for them to create late-game, though what I do not know. Something more in line with their nature, at least.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2007, 10:52:19 am »
Yes. but what could be made? I think almost every hole in CT is going to be filled. Also under Lost Cutscenes and storyline... How the hell are we going to resolve Guardia Castle and Magus joining the party.  :shock:
Clearly, this is one of the biggest plot-holes in the game.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2007, 10:59:02 am »
What could be made? Damned if I know...I was thinking some kind of accessory or perhaps a helm of some kind, but I honestly don't know.

As for Magus...I've been considering all sorts of things...one of my most popular is hiding his identity...having everyone refer to him as Janus and otherwise show that he is not Magus...that's the only thing I can think of that is even remotely plausible. It's not a plot hole, though...merely something unexplained. A plot-hole would be something like bringing various people across time to the Moonlight Parade; I explained it away with some extra dialogue in the main ending as you might have noted.

Anyway, as I said, that's what I consider plausible for Magus...all we'd have to do is replace every instance of dialogue by the characters of 600 A.F. mentioning his name with Janus somehow, and that ought to be easy enough, right?

...'course...it might get slightly confusing for those who rename him Janus...but that cannot be helped.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2007, 04:06:34 am »
Hmmm. Yes, he could remain hidden because not very many are going to know what Magus actually looks like. (I don't think he spent much time on the battlefield.)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2007, 04:10:30 am »
Exactly. All we have to do is hide his identity in one way or another--maybe have the Guardians of 600 A.F. freak out a bit before whoever is in the party with Magus figures out a way to cover their asses--and everything will be fine. Besides...they seem to not have a problem with a frog protecting the Queen, so while Magus is a bit freaky he's certainly much more human looking and more likely to be accepted.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2007, 05:22:08 am »
We could have Magus have his hood up (a la Prophet graphic)...

I also want to expand Guardia Castle a little bit. I will probably make the Knight's Quarters into a full Barracks area. Maybe add a few other misc rooms to make it seem more like a castle.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2007, 05:25:59 am »
We could have Magus have his hood up (a la Prophet graphic)...
We'd have to set up a method to exchange the graphics while he's in the castle...we'd have to create new hooded graphics for things such as his running animation...but I like the idea of using this in addition to what we've already got down.

Oh, and while we're at it: have these hooded graphics apply entirely to 600 A.F. in all interior areas in places like Truce, Porre, Choras, ect ect, just to add to it. No need for battle graphics, though.

I also want to expand Guardia Castle a little bit. I will probably make the Knight's Quarters into a full Barracks area. Maybe add a few other misc rooms to make it seem more like a castle.
Good idea. It'd be nice to see it be more of a castle than what it is, most definitely, for 600 and 1000 A.F. alike.
[/quote]

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2007, 05:32:22 am »
Also, Magic Cave will be 2x bigger. Reptite's Cave will be rearranged so that it's more of a straight forward area (I can make it bigger if I remove all those burrows - this will free up a map so that I can expand something else aswell)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2007, 05:35:13 am »
Also, Magic Cave will be 2x bigger.
Can we alter what all populates it, perhaps make it some kind of precursor to Heckran's Cave? It's not entirely in the same spot, but the exit near Magus' castle is, and as such the area near that should have at least a vague simularity.

Reptite's Cave will be rearranged so that it's more of a straight forward area (I can make it bigger if I remove all those burrows - this will free up a map so that I can expand something else aswell)
Aye. Let's also try to make it look more like an actual home for Reptites instead of just some random cave with some Reptites in it, because the way it was done before it really looks like the home of the Evilweevils, the Fly Traps, and other creatures there rather than the actual Reptites.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2007, 05:43:42 am »
Can we alter what all populates it, perhaps make it some kind of precursor to Heckran's Cave? It's not entirely in the same spot, but the exit near Magus' castle is, and as such the area near that should have at least a vague simularity.

Not sure what you mean on this.

Aye. Let's also try to make it look more like an actual home for Reptites instead of just some random cave with some Reptites in it, because the way it was done before it really looks like the home of the Evilweevils, the Fly Traps, and other creatures there rather than the actual Reptites.

Yeah, I'll move all the Evilweevils and Fly Traps to the Valley of the Giants or something and make the place look like an anctual den of Reptites. There will be a entrance, hallway, then a commons area that leads to a kitchen area (maybe have butchered apes? Tragic I know.) and a quarters area, then have a secret hallway(you have to find a clue in one of the side rooms) that leads to Azala's Room. What do you think?

Edit: I will also use the Beast's Nest tileset for the Reptite's Cave (the one with green vines) this tileset was way underused.