Author Topic: Who would you cast in a Chrono movie?  (Read 20763 times)

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you cast in a Chrono movie?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 12:46:56 pm »
Crono- Kyle Gallner
Marle- Emma Watson
Lucca- Dakota Fanning
Magus- Johnny Depp
Schala- Amy Adams
Queen Zeal- Uma Thurman
Glenn (Frog)- CGI
Glenn (Human)- Topher Grace (would be perfect to play this timid role)
Gina- Annette O'Toole
Dalton- Michael Rosenbaum
Toma- Colin Farrell
Melchoir- Philip Seymore Hoffman
Gaspar- Christopher Lee
Belthazar- Alan Rickman

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:03:32 pm by Stanger5150 »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 02:30:35 pm »
Crono- Kyle Gallner
Marle- Emma Watson
Lucca- Dakota Fanning
Magus- Johnny Depp
Schala- Amy Adams
Queen Zeal- Uma Thurman
Glenn (Frog)- CGI
Gina- Annette O'Toole
Toma- Colin Farrell
Gaspar- Christopher Lee
Belthazar- Alan Rickman

You have my approval! Two thumbs up!

But, just to throw in my opinion, it might be better to switch Emma Watson for Lucca, since she's known for playing an intellectual type(plus the Britishness makes her sound naturally smarter) and Dakota Fanning for Marle, simply because she looks more like her, I guess.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »
Crono- Kyle Gallner
Marle- Emma Watson
Lucca- Dakota Fanning
Magus- Johnny Depp
Schala- Amy Adams
Queen Zeal- Uma Thurman
Glenn (Frog)- CGI
Gina- Annette O'Toole
Toma- Colin Farrell
Gaspar- Christopher Lee
Belthazar- Alan Rickman

You have my approval! Two thumbs up!

But, just to throw in my opinion, it might be better to switch Emma Watson for Lucca, since she's known for playing an intellectual type(plus the Britishness makes her sound naturally smarter) and Dakota Fanning for Marle, simply because she looks more like her, I guess.
Funny.  I was thinking almost that same thing.  I can definitely imagine Christopher Lee as Gaspar, but for some reason I have a hard time imagining Alan Rickman as Belthazar.

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:14 pm »
I picked Alan Rickman because he's very versatile... and I think he would be amazing at playing a man on the verge of losing his mind.

Truthordeal, that was my original idea for Marle and Lucca... I don't know why I had them switched around.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 02:10:09 pm »
Heh, I picture Dakota Fanning as more of the Schala type--with those big 'ol eyes and supposed wisdom. Interesting picks, Stranger.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 02:19:43 pm »
Crono- Kyle Gallner
Marle- Emma Watson
Lucca- Dakota Fanning
Magus- Johnny Depp
Schala- Amy Adams
Queen Zeal- Uma Thurman
Glenn (Frog)- CGI
Gina- Annette O'Toole
Toma- Colin Farrell
Gaspar- Christopher Lee
Belthazar- Alan Rickman
Johnny Depp as Magus? I don't know... He does have the looks, but he's way too tan. I think Christopher Lambert (yes) would fit much better, especially if he kept that thunder god voice. He turns up about halfway through here. 5:22 to 5:43 definitely sounds like bored/playful Magus, if you're looking for a bit of comedy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:21:49 pm by Zephira »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:12 pm »
Christopher Lambert's more than fit for the part, but don't count Johnny out. He's a fairly versatile actor. This is the man that was both Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka after all.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »
But of course, which is why I would be very keen to cast one of my favourite actors as my favourite character. I suppose it also depends on how exactly the director wants to portray Magus. He could be anywhere from 20 to 40 years old, it's never really stated. His build is hard to determine as well (I doubt everyone in the game would be as muscular as Toriyama portrayed). If you want to go with a younger Magus (20-30), then Johnny Depp would be better. For 40+, Christopher Lambert.
Though the idea of a Jack Sparrow-esque, blundering and comedic Magus is very appealing, it doesn't fit the character (or at least what's shown in-game).

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 07:12:10 pm »
But of course, which is why I would be very keen to cast one of my favourite actors as my favourite character. I suppose it also depends on how exactly the director wants to portray Magus. He could be anywhere from 20 to 40 years old, it's never really stated. His build is hard to determine as well (I doubt everyone in the game would be as muscular as Toriyama portrayed). If you want to go with a younger Magus (20-30), then Johnny Depp would be better. For 40+, Christopher Lambert.
Though the idea of a Jack Sparrow-esque, blundering and comedic Magus is very appealing, it doesn't fit the character (or at least what's shown in-game).

Johnny Depp is 40+ though... and makeup can make him pale.  What about the dude who played Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter.  Now THAT guys is Magus!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 07:31:10 pm »
That guy was also the villain in "The Patriot," or..."Braveheart In America"

I'm sick of Johnny Depp.  Simply one of those overexposure things, really.  Dude's got some serious talent, but you'd have to chain me down in order to get me to watch the new Willy Wonka movie.  Also, Dakota Fanning has gotten old!  Not old, but she's grown up!  Isn't she still supposed to be in Charlotte's Web or something?  She's in that ridiculous looking "Push" movie now...

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:24 pm »
 Steven Segall as Magus.

Winona Ryder (1980's) as Schala (Hey what it's about Time Travel. she looks like Schala in Beetlejuice
and like Kid in Edward Scissorhands)

Danny Devito as Ozzy

Keanu Reeves as Glenn

Jim Henson's creature shop for Frog's costume. Haven't heard of anyone that size who fits the fighter frame, but I'm sure they're out there. Notice how it isn't CGI. CGI just...  ugh. Also, Jim Henson/Frog connection completely unintentional.

Crono...      I don't know.  PEE WEE HERMAN???????????????????

Drew Barrymore would work so nicely for Marle. She doesn't even have to be a good fighter, just shoot a crossbow and giggle.

TINA FEY IS TOO OLD TO BE WEARING A NERD HELMET AND GIANT GLASSES.

OH FINNHUCK NO TEENAGERS

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Sith Lord of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 09:22:32 pm »
I'm probably going to be shot for suggesting this, but here goes.

Vin Diesel as Magus.

Why? Well, have you seen The Chronicles of Riddick? At the beginning of the movie, he wears a hooded cloak and speaks very solemnly, but very to the point. When you look at the official Toriyama art, Magus is pretty well defined, and Diesel is as well. The body type seems to fit, both in mass and in height. And there's the voice... Diesel's voice is always what I thought Magus would be. Very low, kind of hoarse, threatening in a way. True, he doesn't always have that much emotion, but that's perfect for Magus. The only time he really shows emotion is when he is angry. Same with Diesel.

He also moves like a wraith in the movie, and I think those sorts of movements would compliment Magus' mastery of scythe combat.

Think about it a bit. It's not as bad as some suggestions. Like Adrian Paul or Christopher Lambert? Come on now. :P

- Ozzie could be Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew for you HP fans) or Ian McNeice (Baron Harkonnen from Dune, the 2000 Sci-Fi version). Could really go one or the other. One could be Ozzie, the other could be Azala.
- Queen Zeal... for a laugh, you could use Tina Turner. Go back to Mad Max 2: Beyond Thunderdome. The mullet, the shoulder pads... come on. It's Queen Zeal. XD But in all seriousness? Alice Krige might work. She's always a good villain actress.
- Lucca would be played by America Ferrara. She does the nerd look so well in Ugly Betty... I hate to typecast her, but she'd be perfect for Lucca. If not her, I might pick Piper Perabo.
- I'd like to see Daniel Craig as the voice of Frog.
- If he were alive, I'd say George Carlin for Melchior, but alas that is no longer an option.
- Tilda Swinton is good at playing androgynous parts (see Constatine for reference), but I don't think she's quite "beautiful" enough for the part of Flea. Strange as it may seem, I could possibly see Ellen Page as Flea.
- Schala... let's go with Miranda Otto as a safe bet.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »
Vin Diesel would have been one of my top picks for Magus becaue of his voice, which IS Magus in this song. I haven't seen Riddick yet, but I've been trying to get my hands on that movie.
Only problem with Vin Diesel (aside from baldness)? His face. He has a baby face. It's too round and too soft to fit Magus. Besides, does this look like a Fiendlord to you?

DarthMagus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Sith Lord of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Site
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:39 pm »
Vin Diesel would have been one of my top picks for Magus becaue of his voice, which IS Magus in this song. I haven't seen Riddick yet, but I've been trying to get my hands on that movie.
Only problem with Vin Diesel (aside from baldness)? His face. He has a baby face. It's too round and too soft to fit Magus. Besides, does this look like a Fiendlord to you?

Vin's face is workable. Pop a set of fake fangs on his teeth and he can do the scowl of Magus pretty well, I'd say. As for being bald, all he needs is a wig. That's easy enough.

Fixed your image, by the way. Use [IMG] instead of [URL].

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 10:34:31 pm »
Besides, does this look like a Fiendlord to you?

Only in my sexiest fantasies...

Erm, unknowns for a movie, the cast of DBZ for an anime. But then Magus would have Vegeta voice... ugh...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:43:22 pm by maggiekarp »