Author Topic: Think there will be a new chrono game?  (Read 650 times)

Dubya

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Think there will be a new chrono game?
« on: July 07, 2008, 02:58:03 am »
title^
the recent news of chrono trigger ds has me excited

ViceLine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Think there will be a new chrono game?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:03:21 pm »
Honestly? Nope. Though I have a few things in mind...

1. They can't make a new game (for whatever reason), so they give us a DS port to appease us.  or...

2. They know a strong fanbase exists, so they are milking it. (likely) or...

3. The DS port will be used more or less as a way to measure interest, as in a predictor of how well a new Chrono title might sell. (unlikely)

what a shame

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:45:49 pm »
And what are you basing that "likely" and "unlikely" on? Nothing? Oh, right...>_>

what a shame ;)

Anyways...I think it's possible. After the debacle that the Seiken Densetsu series has turned into, I think they might be thinking they should try to get Kato to do something better, but since he's on World Destruction now w/Mitsuda, they probably had to give us a quick port of Chrono Trigger while they waited for their time to free up...Regardless of whether or not they INTENDED CT DS to be a measuring stick for Chrono appreciation, the sales will attest to it on its own. They will be forced to realize that this series is more than worth looking into (although I don't blame them for not furthering the series thus far, really).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:50:36 pm by V_Translanka »

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:10:19 pm »
As for me, i cannot gauge the possible impact of the DS remake of CT, who knows??
Still, i am keeping my hopes high up

Regardless of whether or not they INTENDED CT DS to be a measuring stick for Chrono appreciation, the sales will attest to it on its own. They will be forced to realize that this series is more than worth looking into (although I don't blame them for not furthering the series thus far, really).

indeed.. indeed..

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:08:02 pm »
Well in the remake for playstation we got a new ending that led to chrono cross. MAybe on the ds we will get an ending that leads to the next Chrono game... Crimson echoes perhaps? lol

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:39 pm »
I'm hoping that Square Enix is using this opportunity to actually rebuild the fanbase after all these years. There's so little new content in CT:DS that I'm not even sure Squeenix is expecting us to run out and get it; they may be trying to reach younger fans who've never experienced it in the first place.

Er, excuse me while I search for a place to buy CT:DS, even though I don't own a DS nor have any intention to buy a DS.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:57:01 pm »
I'm cynical, this is just a way of getting our hopes up so they can dash them into a million pieces!

I remain cynical and keep my hope low so that good news makes me overjoyed when it comes....or maybe I'm just depressed....

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 02:49:53 am »
Quote from:
Well in the remake for playstation we got a new ending that led to chrono cross.

I don't know how much that's true...I mean, Chrono Cross came out like a little over two weeks after the PSX version of Chrono Trigger. And, seeing how we all know how half-assed the CT port was, I'm sure that they had already developed most if not all of Chrono Cross and then figured to just add a CT port since they could slap it together pretty quick-like. So I think the ending was just an added bonus to help fans connect the dots a little better.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:43:38 am »
Quote from:
Well in the remake for playstation we got a new ending that led to chrono cross.

I don't know how much that's true...I mean, Chrono Cross came out like a little over two weeks after the PSX version of Chrono Trigger. And, seeing how we all know how half-assed the CT port was, I'm sure that they had already developed most if not all of Chrono Cross and then figured to just add a CT port since they could slap it together pretty quick-like. So I think the ending was just an added bonus to help fans connect the dots a little better.

Well good God, it was an emulator and ROM on a disc with muddy sound effects. Same as all of Squeenix's SNES -> Playstation ports.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:25:21 am »
Uh, yeah, that's what I was getting at...>_>

Doing that couldn't have taken very long, so I figure that even though the PSX CT was released before CC, I think it's safe to assume that CC was in development beforehand...

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »
hmmm well maybe the next Chrono game is in development!

I wonder...