Author Topic: A Proposal...  (Read 728 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
A Proposal...
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:22:50 am »
Still waiting for the wretched teacher to email me our backups (it's been over a week now) so thought I'd brainstorm for the past hour for my novel. Came up with something else instead.

With the number of projects already pending on my shoulders, there's one story idea I may not be able to begin writing considering it has no relevance whatsoever with my universe. But the idea's so good I don't want to discard and forget about it either.

We have so many brilliant writers at the Compendium, which is why I ask whoever feels up to writing a novel/script for any media, I'd like to donate this idea to them but not everybody. They may take the credit for it; I'd just like to see how it turns out, thus I'm looking for someone dedicated. The story's genre is more along the lines of Fantasy/Psychological Thriller, but I must say it's partially inspired by Chrono Trigger (but there's no Time Travel involved).

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: A Proposal...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:48:26 am »
I must say, I am interested. However, I'm still working on my own writing project. :o

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »
I think a lot of us writer types have ideas already, but shoot! I am all for gifting ideas! I wrote a story once based on a title a friend had given me, and it was one of the better things I've created, I think. :)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:27 am »
Glad to see some are interested!

Can't really say much about the plot "yet", because I'd like to see where the potential to have it completed may be. If a writer around here is dedicated and talented then I'd give the plot idea to them, and if more than two writers are interested I'd happily release the story for community collaboration, OpenSource under Benevolence Media:D

For now, I can say what kind of a story it could be. A psychological thriller like Deathnote/Sherlock Holmes, fantasy/sci-fi elements akin to Inception/Life on Mars (John Simm)/Ghost In The Shell, maybe some Mobster themes like Baccano, Passion Pumping/Fate Breaking like Gurren Lagann/Springtime Of Youth(tm), and something philosophical in the midst.

The character can be either male or female, that's for the writer/community to decide. But the villains are many. It may even introduce various story-plotting concepts. Reader's Age-wise I'm thinking 15+.