Author Topic: Crimson Echoes Task Schedule  (Read 4505 times)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Crimson Echoes Task Schedule
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2005, 06:13:52 pm »
Hey Jake, I agreed with what you said about the victory pose, so I totally redid it.  There's now more movement of her cloak and dress/legs/feet.

I've also finished Schala's head-shaking from all sides...

...and laughing...

..and surprise!

OdF

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2005, 01:42:54 am »
I'd like to note that I'm going to add some finishing touches. I'm going to spruce up the ending scenes a little, and try to add a small boss battle on Zenan Bridge.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2005, 02:22:52 am »
Just wanna say, Oswego, that all of the new sprites you did look great! :)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2005, 02:25:43 am »
For your sprite sheet, is dark red finished, pink future slots to be filled and white.....well I don't know what white could be, is it animations that are already in the game?

--jp

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2005, 04:19:50 am »
Quote from: jsondag2
For your sprite sheet, is dark red finished, pink future slots to be filled and white.....well I don't know what white could be, is it animations that are already in the game?

Dark red frames are finished ones, including the original set as well as ones I've drawn.  Pink spaces are placeholders.  It's like, Trigger doesn't use "laughing, rear view" or "raised hands, side view," for example.  They just don't exist.  So, the slots where those would go are left empty.  As for white... that's just blank space on the page!

While I have your attention, I have a question for you.  Aren't you the fellow who hacked Glenn's graphics in to replace Ayla's?  If so, did you find that Alya's allocated graphic space for her running animations was really small and low to the ground?  Or, was it normal-sized (i.e. the size allocated to characters who DON'T crawl around like a cat).  I wanted to find out about this before doing running animations for Schala.

To Jake:  Thanks.  :D

Zeality:  Do you mean a battle against the Porre assassin?  What type of enemy AI would you assign to an enemy like that?

OdF

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2005, 04:34:27 am »
I'm not the guy you're talking about but I do remember someone mentioning that problem somewhere.....I did a quick look at threads I thought it'd be in but I couldn't find anything, if I happen by it I'll post it here.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2005, 04:38:39 am »
Well, I'm not going to try and attempt to have a static assassin casting spells (like Zeal Battle 2.0) yet. Rather, I'm going to have him pause, and then send a signal out to a couple drone machines. The party fights those and then resumes the chase. The "drones" will be the Guards from the Guardia Dungeon.

Although if someone wants to take on replacing a monster with GI Jogger's sprite loading data and then modify the enemy AI to simply have a couple of static casting spells, you're more than welcome.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2005, 06:25:38 am »
Quote from: Oswego del Fuego
Alya's allocated graphic space for her running animations

I haven't looked the Ayla sprite sheet, but my guess is this project is going to involve changing the sprite assembly anyway.  In which case having a "regular" running animation wouldn't be a problem.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2005, 07:23:04 pm »
I'm going ahead and creating a new enemy for GI Jogger to replace. So far so good; I replaced Amphibite with him, and now I just have to find a suitable AI and possibly edit it. In fact, the Amphibite WOULD work if he just didn't have that ribbit sound :)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2005, 07:27:24 pm »
Alrgiht, I've tried giving him a new AI pointer, but nothing's working after I replaced the Amphibite one. He just uses a certain animation and freezes. It just isn't saving.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2005, 07:56:51 pm »
Bah, I got in one of those cycles of event death. That's when, for no apparent reason, saving one area causes another's event code to disappear or become glitched, and fixing that one causes the original to disappear. It continues on ad infinitum, and it's happened with three locations before as well. The only cure is using a back up.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2005, 09:04:45 pm »
Just want to express my sympathy man.  I'd say a programmer's worst fear is losing a day's worth of work.

--jp

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2005, 02:06:07 pm »
Quote from: JLukas
I haven't looked the Ayla sprite sheet, but my guess is this project is going to involve changing the sprite assembly anyway.  In which case having a "regular" running animation wouldn't be a problem.

Wow, so this is in fact possible?  I mean, is that something we can bank on?  That probably would have made my work a lot easier... but the sprite has turned out well enough anyway.

Anyway, just wanted to update on the Schala sprite.  It looks like ALL of the frames are done except for running and battle-specific stuff, like starting position, getting hit, etc.  Also, I tried to work on the overworld map sprite, but I don't know how the palettes work, since they are similar to, but not the same as, the palettes for the main sprite.  So I tried to use Magus's colors for Schala, and it looked t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.  I can't proceed on it until someone can clarify to me what colors I will have to work with.  I'm hoping some new colors can be added, because none of the existing sprites have anything close to the purple color Schala needs for her robes.

Anyway, y'all can check the web link in my profile for all the updates.

OdF

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2005, 02:37:12 pm »
They are nice. The only detail which bothers me is that her walking sprites facing South and facing North look too static, particularly as for her hair. Only her body is moving, it somehow gives the sprite a FFVI feeling and doesn't match with the other character's style (every character's hair waves when they walk, it's obvious with Marle but is the case even for Magus).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2005, 05:33:54 pm »
I've updated the list.