Author Topic: Home World Kid Theory  (Read 7065 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:24:19 am »
A theory I thought of a few days ago. I'd like to know what you think.

If FATE ceases to exist in Home World, there is no need for Lucca to remove the Circuit. Lynx woulden't go after her, she remains with Kid and her friends and they remain happily on Zenan. Which explains why Home's Kid never comes to Home's El-Nido.

And just in case, my theory assumes Kid didn't make up the Radical Dreamers as a cover-up for her working alone. A trouble-maker, she is, but even General Viper seemed so shocked about Kid being a Radical Dreamer, plus the people over at Arni say that even Porre can't get them. Kid can be a trouble-maker, but there's just no way she can cause that much trouble. Remember all her slip-ups in Viper Manor, in both CC and RD? That alone shows she has no way of doing that much trouble.

(Yes, I copied it off my other post on the Belthasar on Terra Tower topic)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 05:36:20 am »
Good work Legend. Now we just have to wait for people to reply.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 10:31:19 am »
Well, I was under the impression that since the dimensions split in 1010 (when Serge drowned), everything occuring before then is identical to both dimensions.  Lynx attacks the orphanage before 1010, therefore, this has occured in both dimensions.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:06:36 am »
Quote from: Zatopek
Well, I was under the impression that since the dimensions split in 1010 (when Serge drowned), everything occuring before then is identical to both dimensions.  Lynx attacks the orphanage before 1010, therefore, this has occured in both dimensions.

Lynx attacks the orphanege in 1015 AD.

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 11:23:05 am »
This sounds good.  I like it.

And yes the orphanege was attacked after the split.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 04:01:33 pm »
Lynx attacks the orphanege in 1015 AD.

Where is this stated?  I always thought it was sometime between 1006 (when Wazuki is possessed by FATE) and 1010 when the dimensions split.

How old is Kid when the orphanage is burned?  If 1015 is when it happens, she'd be 12-15 years old, but isn't she younger than that when it happens?  Some have speculated that Home's Kid was lost in the Dead Sea along with Home's Viper, Devas, Harle, and Lynx.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 04:06:04 pm »
The Ultimania Guide states this.

Oh, and if it's 1015 AD, you were off in the age: She's eleven. Still, she looks rather short then, but so was I: I was tiny when I was kid, now, at age 15, I'm average size. Five years are a long time to grow in physical terms.

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 04:17:01 pm »
Yeah you grow a lot in 5 years.  Even I wasn't that tall when I was eleven and now I'm 15 (almost 16, can't wait till next month) and I am a lot taller than when I was eleven.

Also I remember the game saying it was about 1015 AD when Lynx attacked, but I don't remember when it says it.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 04:23:00 pm »
Hmm, it's probably your mind playing tricks on you. It often seemes that when you hear something that makes sense and connects completly with the game, your mind makes you "remember" you saw it in the game. Happaned to me, too, once.

And, yes, espically since she was in her early teens, which are the ages when you grow most in your life... Except when you're a baby, that is.

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 04:24:51 pm »
Probably, my mind likes playing tricks on me.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 04:24:54 pm »
Okay, you're probably right, and the timeline on this website states 1015 as well.  The Ultimania guide is said to be a questionable source, but the fact that it's on the Compendium Chronology without a "U" as warning before it means it's verified somewhere else.

Another website with a detailed story guide provided me with the "between 1006 and 1010" date.  Probably a typo or a misconception on their part.

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 04:27:53 pm »
There are a lot of people who have misconceptions with a game as complex and hard to understand as Chrono Cross.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 04:29:02 pm »
Quote from: Ryuusai
There are a lot of people who have misconceptions with a game as complex and hard to understand as Chrono Cross.

I'll definately second that!  :)

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 04:29:21 pm »
Hmm. You agree with the theory, then?

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Home World Kid Theory
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 04:31:14 pm »
Well you know I already like your theory.  I like it a lot.