Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199619 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1980 on: February 16, 2011, 02:38:31 am »
Awesome!

_Janus_

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Ruin of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • diamonddeoxys.hi5.com
« Reply #1981 on: February 16, 2011, 11:34:15 am »
I just hope that Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3Ds is released in Europe, or I'll enter rage mode

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #1982 on: February 16, 2011, 01:33:32 pm »
Hey guys, anyone heard of this yet?

http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/

A videogame art exhibition, and there is a chance for voting which games will be present there. It looks you need to be registered there in order to vote and see the options, so I don't know if either of the Chrono games were nominated.

But I'd say we must not let this chance go by! :o

What do you guys think?

I just registered, Yes, Chrono Trigger is nominated! in the ERA 3 BIT-WARS (Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo)  :D We should all vote for it! Maybe we should post this in its own Topic, so that more people would go and vote? Or maybe suggest it for the news update?

Chrono Cross was not nominated thought, so I'm voting Ocarina of Time for that generation  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:40:24 pm by Licawolf »

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #1983 on: February 16, 2011, 02:05:59 pm »
You get multiple votes for each generation, one for each genre and platform. Still, the fact that Chrono Cross wasn't nominated is a travesty. For that matter, why the hell is Tales of Symphonia nominated for Gamecube Adventure genre but not Baten Kaitos?? Oh well, maybe it's for the better; it would have been cruel to ask me to choose between that and The Wind Waker. It was already hard enough choosing between that and Paper Mario 2.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #1984 on: February 16, 2011, 02:09:15 pm »
Yep, I just noticed that there are four categories on each system, three games in each category, you can vote only once in each. I voted for Chrono Trigger and so I couldn't vote for A Link to the Past  :cry: I'm sure it's going to have tons of votes though... Difficult desicion :roll:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1985 on: February 16, 2011, 10:17:48 pm »
Apparently you get to vote 80 times?

By Era, I went with Space Invaders, Rampart, Chrono Trigger (I love Earthbound as much as the next guy, but that 3rd slot should be filled with FFVI), Final Fantasy Tactics & Half Life 2...that last Era should really be split up once or twice...also, no handheld love? Boo!

EDIT: Ah, I see, you get a vote a genre in each system of each era...I wonder which genres were hardest to narrow down to 3...They should include like vid/YouTube links to gameplay of each or something...

EDIT2: Holy shit@action NES! If it had been MM3 I might have chosen the Blue Bomber over Samus' initial adventure...LoZ clearly dominates its genre (twice-over with OoT)...OMG@Target NES! Amazing upscrolling shooter vs amazing sidescrolling shooter! Which way DO I prefer to scroll?!??! >_< No, no, the powerups and level design were far superior in Gradius/Life Force...

I love that there's a separation between systems! Phantasy Star finally gets props! Waitaminute! WTF is Shining Force 2 doing in the Adventure Genre with Phantasy Star IV?? It should be in the Combat/Strategy Genre (where it absolutely would dominate)!

I can't decide which would be more awesome/hilarious to find in the Smithsonian; Jet Grind Radio or Crazy Taxi. lol...

Go Skies of Arcadia!

Yes, I voted for the Lunar port over FFVII (& Grandia, but only because I haven't played it).

BioShock better not lose to popularity, for art's sake.

KotOR against Fallout 3 is weird...five years difference, man!

Jesus, Okami's in a popularity sandwich too...hopefully the FF junkies will cancel each other out...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:17:14 am by V_Translanka »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 17, 2011, 04:39:16 pm »
CT in the Smithsonian! :D Let's make it happen!

Has anyone played the game 999? I recently heard of it, and it sounds amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=869azSXO1BI

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »
A couple of my friends have been playing 999. They are going crazy for it, but it's just a story book adventure. I need to level up and collect to be interested in a story based game.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:02 pm »
A friend of mine also got me hooked on 999. It's a great (and welcome) change from usual gaming, but it does have it's flaws. For instance, most of the story is against "show, don't tell." That's quite a nuisance to me. Then again, it is a game, with plenty of visuals, so maybe they can get around that.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 20, 2011, 05:47:21 pm »
I just ordered a copy of Radiant Historia.  After the disappointment that was Sands of Destruction (which I pre-ordered ASAP), I was kind of hesitant to fork out the full price before taking things for a test drive or consulting in depth reviews.   I've never been a big fan of Atlus outside of the Ogre Battle series, but I like what I've seen and read so far. And it will probably be one of the last big DS titles before the 3DS hits the market. That, and Dragon Quest VI was $15 more expensive.  :picardno

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1990 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:17 pm »
So I started playing Borderlands co-op and cannot believe how great it is. I can't imagine how crazy it would get with all 4 players (especially the duels)...though I'm not quite curious enough to risk playing with randoms. :P

Been playing as Roland, who's a healer/buffer which I like in single player and is just really nice co-op. I can't wait to start hearing about the sequel...

Oh, and Shadow Complex is a XBLA must have! I never thought I'd get more Metroid-enjoyment from Castlevania, Batman and a completely original IP rather than from Nintendo....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:12:23 pm by V_Translanka »

_Janus_

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Ruin of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • diamonddeoxys.hi5.com
« Reply #1991 on: February 22, 2011, 12:01:03 pm »
I am currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, it's like, the best RPG on the DS, imo. :roll:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 22, 2011, 04:40:20 pm »
It was said on the Stuff you love thread, but anyway, for the sake of spreading the info - Xenogears is out on the US PSN!

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 23, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »
I am currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, it's like, the best RPG on the DS, imo. :roll:

You dare post this on the chrono compendium after chrono trigger was released on the DS? :x

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 24, 2011, 12:11:23 am »
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM.