Author Topic: Character Paths  (Read 24436 times)

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 05:17:02 pm »
Jai will have more of a personallity as the story goes on. In his era, such things are controled making things such as personallity and emotions new to him. He will at first be amazed at the thought of interacting with humans (in his era, they simply left around a couple millenia ago and never came back) He will easily wait in the EOT until needed, using his shape-shifting abilities, simple shadow magic, and his knowlegde of technology.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Paths
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2004, 06:54:42 pm »
That set-up for Hunter, Amy & Backer seems alright...but...would/could this island in the Sea of Eden be populated already? If not, I suppose I could scrap my current writings as mere introductorary (?) and when we get to the island, they will be there for some reason...or perhaps now, Hunter & Amy will find something in El Nido that will give rise to 'something fantabulous' on this island in the Sea of Eden...

Either way works for me...just wanna know how you sees it before I post something that'll kick everyone in the mud (if that makes sense...).

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2004, 09:50:31 pm »
Fine by me if its populated. I don't see how it would interfere with anything, so go right ahead.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2004, 11:09:12 pm »
I have no problems with it being populated, as long as the Frozen Flame is still somewhere out of the way.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2004, 07:33:27 am »
*har har*

Jokes on me! I figured there would be some mixed feelings about it being populated! I was really starting to like it having been something they were pointed to from El Nido...although I wasn't sure what...but screw that now, I guess!

Here's the basics for what I've got going down so far...Hunter & Amy are off on the 'Quest for the Missing Truffles' and it turns out to be, not a theif as they were paid to find, but some animal (likely a boar) and so far they're in a murky forest/jungle-ish place...eventually they'll fight said creature (perhaps it will be a big mutated thing) and after a bit, it'll scamper off into either a hidden cave, or some kind of pitfall where they'll finish it off and low-and-behold there's the FF tucked away in a deep pocket...Throw in Backer somewhere along the way, and I think we've got it about done...I'm thinking he could come in around the first fight with the creature...I could leave off Hunter & Amy right before they meet it if you (Leebot...this time I got my names right, right?) want to write the action & the discovery too...I have no particular wish to do either...and I really couldn't hope to write for Backer, whereas Hunter & Amy are pretty basic...although I suppose we'd have to work something out for when the FF works it's charms on the party (or perhaps there will be no immediate changes...hmmm....).

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 10:45:15 am »
Hmm... I'm trying to think of how we could skirt the line where Hunter & Amy are able to scare off the monster, but Backer is needed to defeat it. How about if, once it reaches the cave, it calls for help from the mommy-monster? At that point, Backer shows up and assists them in defeating it. Afterwards, they see the Frozen Flame nearby, which they surmise caused the mutations in the monsters, and so on...

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2004, 05:39:41 am »
How about it feeds off the FF(hence the mutation) and gets more powerfull the closer it is to it?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2004, 08:28:44 am »
Uh...that 'mommy' thing is a bit much if you ask me...Not only cliche (which I'm not usually opposed to necessarilly), but also nearly right out of the first five minutes of Chrono Cross...

This boar aint gonna be no average piggy, guys...I'm thinkin' around 3 or 4 feet high, razor sharp tusks...Also, if you really want it powered up, that wouldn't be a problem...The way I was going to handle Hunter & Amy's transformation is going to involve crustational (?) growths (that grow) and something similar could be used on the boar...

Also, like I said, they wouldn't kill it off immediately, it could be injured and then reflexively retreat to the FF, where it could then be defeated...

Perhaps even, Backer could already be somewhat in where the FF is beforehand and instead of them teaming up to defeat it, the boar goes to the safety of the FF's shine and instead meets (runs into, whatever...) Backer and even before Hunter & Amy make it back, Backer has already finished it off...This sounds nice to me...A better introduction than "I'll help you fight that thing you're having trouble with", which, now that I think about it, is going to be used in the Jailbreak when Sigil is helped out against some nasty guards...I don't want us re-using ideas if we can help it...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2004, 09:47:29 am »
That would probably work. I could set up Backer to already be in there (searching for the FF), the boar runs in, Backer takes it out. Hunter & Amy come in. "That monster? A minor inconvenience at worst."

I'll start working on Backer's next post now.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2004, 03:54:28 pm »
(this post has nothing to do with the previous posts) Due to my lack of understanding, I have no idea when Jai will be in the story, cause no one has told me strait out what is going to happen. I am terribly confused right now. I have no idea what will happen to him at all when he enters the story In the EoT.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2004, 10:01:55 pm »
Depending on when Jai enters the End of Time, he is likely to meet either Gaspar (& Spekkio), Gaspar+Gil+Kaeru+Flea+Elle+Marcy (& Spekkio), Gaspar+Kaeru+Elle+Marcy (& Spekkio), or Gaspar+Any number of the other heroes Gaspar has summoned (& Spekkio of course).

It's all relative!

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2004, 08:06:42 pm »
When will it be most conveinient(sp?) for him to enter the story?

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Paths
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2004, 10:16:54 pm »
Here's my dilemma: How can Garg get to the End of Time? It's very unlikely that he'll go through the Mystic Mountain gate. I forget if there was another gate in 600 A.D., but even then, he alone won't breach the CoT and therefore wouldn't wind up at the EoT. Does Gaspar have some other method for collecting individuals he knows he'll need who originate from Keystone? I think someone else mentioned vaporous gates?...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2004, 10:50:38 pm »
CTF -

Gaspar can abduct anyone he likes. If you want to use that method, feel free to do so. Also, it could be arranged for the party to simply encounter him on their journey to resolve the complications imposed by ZEAL - ultimately, he could hang around and continue with the party on their later adventures, reaching the EoT that way.

Dun -

Whenever you see people start arriving at the End of Time, feel free to have Jai show up as well. I think that would work out best.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2004, 11:17:54 pm »
Dunsparce, would you like to work Jai in the scene before the big speech? In it, Spekkio and Juan will converse somewhat. Jai can hang out in the corner, give his thoughts on the surroundings, etc. let me know, and you can go ahead and write some stuff I'll add in.