Author Topic: Trivia Fact on Chrono Trigger  (Read 2065 times)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Trivia Fact on Chrono Trigger
« on: July 06, 2005, 08:37:20 pm »
I would like to know all the little trivia things in CT, what do I eman by trivia thing here's an example

In Illusion of Gain in a dungeon you see a corpse with 2 notes
(it's soemthing like)
-Hey dad good luck finding the golden ship!, Sabas
-I hoep you'll come back daddy, somegurl

then later in the game you see Sabas and somegurl and they are watching the sea waiting for their father... sad right?

So here what I found from CT (maybe speclation let's dicuss it here!)

I playing around with emulator and code and found a House where a guy is forging Leene bell, his name is Batan and his wive tell you that he wants a girl equllay intelligent and bright

This house is found in 600 AD the hosue is in Truce and it's the one near ashtear Island ( :wink:  ), coincendly Lucca's Father is Taban it really looks like Batan could be Lucca ancestor!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 01:04:24 am »
Uh...yeah...I dunno how big a deal that is, seeing how anybody that talks to the NPCs knows that...

eternal_magus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://zorinth.net
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 01:42:26 am »
You don't need to hack to do that you just need to play the whole game, explore everywhere and talk to everyone....It's not that hard

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 01:45:04 am »
I know I just told how I saw that, because like many people I don't go in each hosue speaking to every people

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 02:26:29 am »
If you want to get the most out of your gaming, you would go into every house and speak with the people.  There aren't that many NPC's in Chrono Trigger.  Actually, if you want to learn more about the game, you would speak to the people!

eternal_magus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 02:29:55 am »
That's VERY true....how can you discuss in depth detail about the world of the game if you don't know what the people in the world are thinking and doing?

Sometimes that can mean not knowing important things or failing to do important things.

Like if you never bother to go to Melchior's hut in CT because you can't be bothered then you can't finish the game

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 02:43:39 am »
But thats a requirement.  Let's say that you can spark a sidequest by walking into a home in Truce, but its not required.

eternal_magus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 02:48:36 am »
But I don't understand how a CT fan who spends a long time posting on these forums can NOT want to do all the little sidequests and want to learn as much about the world as possible.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 03:02:55 am »
Beats me, but I'm more of a Game Historian, I like to learn about the histories of games, and even learn from games (like learn things.)  Plus who wouldn't want to get the most out of a game.  Unless your playing to a certain part, why not go slow and take time, your not racing anyone, plus its to enjoy anyway.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:02:02 am »
Quote from: Salvadeiro
Beats me, but I'm more of a Game Historian, I like to learn about the histories of games, and even learn from games (like learn things.)

Oh, thank god, I'm not the only one.

Plus who wouldn't want to get the most out of a game.  Unless your playing to a certain part, why not go slow and take time, your not racing anyone, plus its to enjoy anyway.

Precisly. It's fun in it's own right, it's makes you stronger and all. Square are always smart in making their games, why not learn from them?

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 11:27:05 pm »
Lol but doesnt it make sense to PLAY a game.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 12:36:06 am »
Well I spoke to most of the citizen but not all, but some things are funy like the guy saying there is earthquake the first tiem you played you said "What the hell are you talking about, dude?" then you forget it, when you play new game + I don't think you did all that over again so someone could say : "The dude in the mayor house was talking about an earthquake, it must be Lavos" now everyone could say hey you're right!

I'm not talking like

Here's a triva fact Zeal is actuall Magus mother it's funny because he despise her, who would have though

eternal_magus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 01:01:45 am »
EVERYONE knows that Queen Zeal is Magus' mother.....

Trivia fact: Ummm...well do you know about the Lavos' Flying Burger Station?  :lol:

Ok, real fact: Dalton only ever summons golems

Talah Rama

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 01:04:57 am »
I... Really have no clue as to what you're trying to say.  "Dude, it's Lavos"?  I don't know whether it's the grammar (which would be slightly more acceptable, given that you're foreign) or the utter lack of logic.  Probably the latter.  You post an awful lot every day, I'd really appreciate it if you'd have a logical progression to more of your posts.  You do have it for some, and those are good.  Most of the trivia in games is found be exploring every nook and cranny, so if you're looking for trivia, that's the way to go.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 01:08:24 am »
Sorry for my grammar :(

I though this could bring a good dicussion I thought there were alot I missed but it doesn't look like it.