Author Topic: August Update  (Read 2174 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
August Update
« on: August 23, 2009, 03:39:46 am »
Hey, it's about time for an update, isn't it? The analysis review is still painfully underway, and entries are about to be changed to dismantle most of the Pocket Dimension theory. Chrono Trigger DS information also needs to be added to the encyclopedia, et cetera, et cetera. But we might as well get some exciting new developments out there, so let's commence the...

CHRONO STUFF  >>>  [1]  Thanks to Carnivol, we've got VHS cover art for V-Jump '94, Chrono Trigger Special Edition Preview, and '96 (with Nuumamonja). Many thanks; if you didn't know, Carnivol is also the original uploader of '94 and the Special preview! These have been invaluable assets! Here you go: [ '94 - CT Preview - '96 ] (Jeez, from the art, you'd think Akira Toriyama owned the freaking animation world at the time)  [2]  Through Ebay, we have images of the Square preview VHS tape that had the Chrono Cross trailer on it. Check out the page at Square Preview Video to see.  [3]  In case someone would ever need it, I've uploaded Vehek's Chrono Trigger Prerelease Text Dump. The translated script spreadsheet is still available here.

CRIMSON ECHOES  >>>  [1]  stenir has begin a full fanfiction novelization of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, and it's shaping up to be fantastic. He's working at full gear on it, so check back often for updates. You can find it at Fanfiction.net.  [2]  I've finished adding some archival material to www.crimsonechoes.com, such as sprites, interviews, and music. It's must-see stuff, so head on over!

FAN NEWS  >>>  [1]  CHRONOTORIOUS, the latest work of Mustin and his band of bad remixing dudes, is out. Follow the link at OneUp Studios and grab this splendorous Chrono Trigger remix album. It'll tickle your ears in a way that pleases Dan Blocker. Expect a Compendium interview feature soon.  [2]  maggiekarp is now accepting commissions, so please pay her to produce more Vegeta-themed Chrono art, or perhaps something featuring unmentionables.  [3]  The fact that I never check chronocompendium@gmail.com with regularity led us to miss the opportunity of promoting the Returners charity gaming marathon, hosted here. It's...over, yeah, but you can at least visit it and check out its programs and future plans.

FAN STUFF  >>>  There's a special treat for fans courtesy of AspartameChild and John Yamashiro, who some may recognize as the other remixer for the ill-fated Chrono Trigger Remake Project (which remixer bLiNd chiefly worked on). AC made a stunning piece of fan art called "Against Determinism", while Yamashiro contributed "RMX no. 2 (Variations on a Theme from Chrono Trigger)" as a sort of score to it. Get the full experience at DeviantArt here; the individual art and song have been added to the Compendium as well. We've also got Jackson Ferrell and his rendition of Marle as an archer in Disgaea here. Chickenlump contributes a wonderful retouched scene from CE's Singing Mountain here. Lastly, we've got new comics from Mysticalpha. [ The Colors of Mystics - 600 A.D. Bitterness - Don't Speak - Wordplay ]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:53:11 am by ZeaLitY »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: August Update
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 03:46:14 am »
Also news, Mysticalpha is awesome. Yay comics!
Stenir's novellization of CE is pretty neat. It makes clear some actions that might have been lost to interpretation.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:34:25 am »
Nice update as always...wait, how is the novelization handling the various branching points...? I'm going to say right now that a branching point novel would be sweet.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 12:50:03 pm »
Nice CE novel from what's up. Definetly checking in on that. Nice update!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »
Oh, ZeaLitY, the human Glenn portrait to the left on the CE/Graphics page is actually a piece by tushantin for another project. I'm not sure it was ever under consideration for inclusion in CE since the art styles might not have meshed well; I might have suggested it at one point in case the CE team was ever in a pinch for new portraits, which is probably where the confusion originated.

A Chrono game marathon might be an interesting way to help keep interest in the series chugging along next year, if it's an annual thing.

GO GO CHRONO FANDOM!!

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:30:31 pm »
Thank you :D

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:10:31 am »
Cool update. I took a look at CE's website and the Music section. Is the music for the first area of the DBT available for download (the one that showed up in the vids, of course)? >.> That theme was seriously amazing.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:56:47 pm »
That would be "Requiem," by Mythos. It's from their Reality of a Dreamer album, how apropos.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Reality-Of-A-Dreamer/dp/B000R033FW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1251132964&sr=8-1

CursedSeishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »
Hah! Loved the last two comics, I always kind of figured that Lucca liked him, and the only reason she never tried anything (least when he was conscious) was because she was too shy...

Well, at least now I bet Crono will try and sleep in a more secure place from her.

And some of those covers look great, love the second one, while Aerith looks cute as ever, I can't help but snicker at the fatter looking version of Cloud/Zack.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:47:41 pm by CursedSeishi »

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 06:50:38 pm »

SuperSlash

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:41 pm »
Also, those comics were amusing, especially the last one. =P