Author Topic: Fan Projects Update: Extraordinary Dedication  (Read 2477 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Fan Projects Update: Extraordinary Dedication
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:40:55 am »
Neither rain, nor snow, nor foreign language barriers, nor 500 year floods will get the Chrono Community down. Here's some early April news to tide you over until "the big one" hits.

ChronoTrigger+: Remember that huge flood that hit Fargo, North Dakota last week? Well, one of our very own was in the middle of it all, coding a major Chrono fan project until the police barged into his computer room to yank him out while flood waters surged through the area. Okay, okay, maybe it didn't happen quite like that, but you have to give Zakyrus credit for completing an interview about ChronoTrigger+ while his town was making epic disaster headlines here in the US. Check out the interview to find out what CT+ is all about. Also, take a look at the latest project trailer.

Ongoing Translations: Thanks to dedicated bilingual Chrono fans and those who have connections within the bilingual Japanese community, various secrets of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are slowly being teased out of Japanese documents. For example, did you know that Una, Leena's little sister, is actually Leena's little brother? Yeah, I was surprised too. Check out the ongoing translation activities for Chrono Trigger Ultimania here and Chrono Cross Ultimania here!

Chrono Trigger: Apocalypse Flash Project: Check out Neo-Fusion's take on an alternate-timeline Fall of Guardia on Newgrounds. He's released two episodes so far, both of which garnered much-coveted Newgrounds Daily Awards. You can view them here and here.

Chrono Cross Animation Exploration: With much of the Compendium's veteran technical resources being focused elsewhere for the time being, HyperGeek has stepped up to pioneer the known fan community's first in-depth documentation of the animation data applied to models in Chrono Cross. Hyper illustrates his extreme dedication by making Kid dance the "Hare Hare Yukai." This is real, folks.

Keep an eye on the Chrono Compendium for the latest in Chrono Fan Community news. This is going to be a Spring to remember.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:42:39 pm by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Fan Projects Update: Extraordinary Dedication
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:22:38 pm »
Thanks for getting this out. Seems like every day I'm waking up and going immediately to work on things. I really mismanaged my time earlier this year. Perhaps I bit off more than I could chew, but it'll be laughable once it's all over and I've successfully made it.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 02:25:59 pm »
Now I wonder if Azala is really meant to be female or if the CTDS translator made that up...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:06:16 pm »
Well, CE is causing us all to mismanage our time probably, but man, it's turning out to be utterly sweeeet.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 12:24:12 am »
Really wish I could have a bit more recognition on here, but no worries (I have faith) and fan project posting power would be nice as well, but as said I have faith =D.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 12:44:36 am »
Really wish I could have a bit more recognition on here, but no worries (I have faith) and fan project posting power would be nice as well, but as said I have faith =D.

By all means, if it would benefit your project, ask for the power. With all the work on CE mixed with people trying to tie up loose ends in their work lives though, it seems the site has become somewhat neglected, so I'm sorry if a lot of projects like yours get overlooked.

Really, we should have someone focusing on just the community right now while everyone else is so busy...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 01:31:52 am »
Fixed. We missing anything else?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 01:36:16 am »
How about a general mention of Kajar Laboratories? There are quite a few big things going on in there.
I think, once CE and whatever else is in the works is all said and done, we should make a 'resumes' section in Kajar. Spriters, hackers, writers, and fangame designers could all show off what they've done, so it would be easier for someone to put a team together for any new dreams in the future. Post if you are looking for work, or post wanted ads if you are looking for a team, stuff like that.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 02:03:42 am »
Fantastic idea, even if projects want to remain underground for the most part, they can post help-wanted ads that new talent can peruse. I'm definitely in favor.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 05:19:34 am »
=D Faust is always the friend who cares lol.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 04:02:13 pm »
I'm sure I'm missing a ton of other things that have been submitted, like individual fan arts and remixes. Those will hopefully be caught in the next Mega Update.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 03:25:59 pm »
That would be awsome if the fan projects page got updated in the next mega update as well.