Author Topic: This has DDK written all over it  (Read 491 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
This has DDK written all over it
« on: November 19, 2005, 05:41:15 am »
I'd like help making a portal that Dalton could send the Golem Boss through.  From quick glances at code it looks like it is just too halves but I know you've studied them more than I.  If you could take a picture of the code or .....even send me a rom I could use TF to copy paste it in.

--jp

DivineDragoonKain

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:45:06 am »
Aw, gee. It's been a while... I see what I can do, man. I've had experiences with Gates, so I'm familar with the opening properties, but not really the other effects.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 11:30:06 am »
A few pointers:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=5819&highlight=#5819

You can copy and paste the 2 Objects (upper/lower halves) from another event.  Adjust the set obj coords of both to the new location on the map, but make sure both pieces have the EXACT same coords.  Then adjust the Mem88 Mode 30 Param 1 and 2 so the circle overlaps the portal (requires going in-game and modifying a few times to get perfect)

You will probably need to CallObj the portal from another Object if you plan on using it in some sort of cutscene.  Also don't forget to copy the closed portal object if you want the player to have one they can walk up to and activate.  It may already contain the CallOjb code as well.

It'll help to look an event that's very basic but has a portal (the 12000 BC Magic Cave was a good one, IIRC)