Author Topic: King Guardia and the Rainbow Shell  (Read 2480 times)

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: King Guardia and the Rainbow Shell
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 10:26:28 pm »
....Didn't I say that......

My bad... Yes, you did say it.  Sorry...   :(

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 01:19:47 pm »
Ok, just making sure I'm not insane.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 02:26:20 pm »
Hey, I guess sometimes it takes something said in a different way (or by someone else completely??) to fully appreciate.

;)

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 06:55:13 am »
Doesn't Leene say that it'll be kept secret? Maybe she meant even from their own ancestors...There's also monsters in the treasury, right?...perhaps they were allowed to populate down there in order to guard the treasures over the years...
They are not under employment of Guardia, as seen by a guard being knocked out.  Mystic descendants, they be.

I never could quite put my finger on how King Guardia was totally unaware of the Rainbow Shell.  It's also odd that a "family heirloom" is in the back of a basement storage area.  I always pictured royal treasuries to be shiny and clean, with lots of goodies.  Not a supply closet.

(Before the Mystics came in)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 11:17:48 am »
I THINK him being unaware was an unintentional plot hole.  I was always under the impression that King Garduia XXXIII didn't know about the Rainbow Shell because time had just been altered (the Rainbow Shell being found and stored within the vaults of Guardia Castle).  This means that somehow he had Time Travelers Immunity for it...

...When I was a kid that's how I saw it.  Maybe not so much now, but from the dialogue I understood it that he wasn't aware of the Rainbow Shell because time had just been altered by Crono and Company.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 04:14:48 am »
Quote from: d3viant
They are not under employment of Guardia, as seen by a guard being knocked out.

I didn't say they were being paid by Guardia in exchange for protecting the treasures...I just said they were allowed to populate the treasury...Not that they control them, it's just that the treasury was sort of just left in ruin...to keep in more in secret...?

As for what you're talking about Boo...Yeah, I don't think time travel works that way in the series...>_>

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 02:04:14 am »
I didn't say they were being paid by Guardia in exchange for protecting the treasures...I just said they were allowed to populate the treasury...Not that they control them, it's just that the treasury was sort of just left in ruin...to keep in more in secret...?

As for what you're talking about Boo...Yeah, I don't think time travel works that way in the series...>_>
Ah, that makes more sense.  That was no shiny treasury...When I think treasury, I see

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 02:21:44 am »
Ahh.... I do love being able to practice my necromantic arts without persocution XD

Anyway, as I see it, the letter Leene wrote was intended to mean that she would keep everyone unaware of it's presence, as it was meant to be guarded until the time heroes returned to claim it; that as reward for finding it, they were the rightful recipients of its glory...

Another thing is, who's to say that there aren't more than one treasury? In all actuality the scale of that castle is extremely tiny compared to a real one, its more along the lines of a moderate sized mansion... Though, in context of the game it was meant to be a massive wondrous palace full of rooms and such. For instance, a typical castle has enough room to board all of the staff that are required for its upkeep, and if that castle is a defensive position (usually they are) room for the knights as well. As we all can clearly see, it isn't nearly big enough for that.... oddly enough, there are far more storage rooms, filled with seemingly useless junk, than there are beds. We see this as we escape from the prison wing, speaking of which, where are all of these "wings" located? Surely they are somewhere, though note that they only appear after they become relevant to the story. If I remember correctly, the treasury that contains the rainbow shell doesn't even exist until after it is found. While the same is theoretically true of the judicial wing, we at least get a word that it will come to exist. No one ever mentions building a new treasury in 600AD do they?

Ah, that makes more sense.  That was no shiny treasury...When I think treasury, I see

Note the pirate dude there... Pirates didn't really think about making their treasure seem worthless in order to protect it, they simply hid it or kept it with them.

If something was REALLY important, wouldn't the best protection be to make it seem unimportant... like say, the object in the treasury at Guardia?  OR perhaps Leene accomplished that guise in order to make the inhabitants of the castle dismiss it as "just another storage room filled with crap". That would explain why it isn't upkept... its sort of like attic space or basement junk rooms.... no one goes in there because they know its all just junk...

But, ever notice you find interesting things when cleaning out junk rooms after a while...? Sometimes, things you didn't know you had...? and often there may even be animals or bugs living there that aren't in the rest of the place. (this coincides with the monster infestation, though they could have been sent there to raid the room during the trial... the trial was in fact, a diversion... this is what I believe.)