Author Topic: The "Entity" or the "Planet" which one?  (Read 7804 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The "Entity" or the "Planet" which one?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 07:23:17 pm »
Stupid N00B. Read Carefully.

I am. You just suck at explaining things nublet.

1) God isn't dying. He's watching the planet die. And who said that they were flash backs... Geez >.>

No shit God isn't dying. The Entity is. Dur. And back to the campfire discussion. Did you even complete that damn sidequest? Gzus. Robo begins the discussion about how there's an Entity guiding them, and how it's dying and crap and it's life flashes before it's eyes. "I should've done this" The whole group is talking about it, and that's how Marle prompts Lucca if she ever had a moment like that. DUH-HUH!

2) The Poly Doll also allows you to say "Yes" and goes something like "I guess our lives are pre-determined". And obviousally THERE IS A Fate AND CRONO AND CO ARE GOING AGAINST IT. DUH!

Yea, but you don't get a victory ding and a prize of you say No. And dude, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross have proven time and time again that there's no Fate in their universe. If there was Fate, time travel would be pointless. If it's fated to happen, then there's nothing they can do.

3) I wasn't talking about FATE, idiot. And if in CC there is the whole aspect of Fate and defying it, then there's Fate in CT too. You can't just not have an aspect in one game and then not have it in another.

Well, there's isn't a Fate working behind the scenes as a conscious entity like Lavos and Entity, jackass.

4) That camp scene is pathetic. Wow. "Could there be an entity?" Stated only once in the whole game. From that, we clearly can't see much. And the whole flashback thing about the elder's is Aylas crap anyway. It's kind of undermining the whole point of Crono and co. If the Planet was having like time gate flash backs, it might aswell just done something like 3million years before Lavos landed.

Hey, Lavos absorbing DNA was only stated once in the whole game. We don't have to take it seriously. And where do you get off saying Ayla's opinion doesn't mean as much as anyone else's in the game? Fuck you. The Entity isn't undermining anything. Just because you have flashbacks doesn't mean you can do anything about it. That's why Crono is there.

5) If the Planet was the only entity, then the planet in the Reptilian Dimension should have rebelled and asked for Dinopolis back. It does not have the right to just steal one civilization from another dimension. If all was true and well, the reptilian Planet should have sucked Dinopolis back after, or atleast taken the destroyed Chronopolis as conpensation.

Maybe the other Planet LET the first one take it. It's not like the Reptilians absolutely positively need Dinopolis, while the other Planet needs Dinopolis to stop Lavos' plans. I've always figured the two Planets share a consciousness anyway, since it's the same physiological planet. I mean, the Entity already transcends time as it is.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 07:45:20 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight

Well, the Entity KINDA did that with the Reptite Dimension.

I forgot about the Reptites. Probably the planets subtle hint that it favors them over humans...?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 09:14:31 pm »
And a new age of callowness comes to pass in the Analysis forums.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 09:46:10 pm »
For shame, you made Zeality mad.  You guys had better edit all the insults and profanity out of your posts.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 11:38:52 pm »
Oh no! Now look what you've done. You've made GrayLensman angry! And you don't want to see the GrayLensman...angry.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 11:49:00 pm »
Heh... Just wait until Zeality imposes his Form Laws; then you'll all be sorry. :wink:

Yuriem

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 01:40:21 am »
Not trying to shoot down anyone elses theory, but why does there HAVE to be an entity, aside from mention, look at it from the choice driven multiple universe theory thing. eg, every possible outcome of every possible variable creates another dimension, there is no actual "dimension crossing" (as in cc) no dimensions are actually interacting, just simply proceeding in a random manner.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 01:45:37 am »
Well, that's stayed by the fact that regardless of which dimension Serge is in, the other develops statically and retains its own, independent, logically progressing existence.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 02:54:43 am »
@ Aura
Yet again, you can't even remember your own posts.
"But why would the Entity, if a deity seperate fro the Planet, be DYING with it's world and have it's life be flashing before it's eyes?"
See. You're saying that God would be dying, I'm retorting that that is not what I said >.>

Anyway, There is Fate. If you have ever once died in CC, you'd see that it's some kind of statement that "And so Serge was never born into the world. Fate has no forgiveness for those who appose it" or something like that.

Anyway, Fate is pretty much the basis of CC. Serge was fated to die, but someone destroyed that fate and opposed it (Kid). Serge is alive and should not be. He is a ghost in another world. He should not even be there etc. Since the moment Crono interfered with Lavos, the future's fate was not certain either. Schala was sucked into the DBT. Her fate was sealed there when Lavos arrived too. It would only be a matter of time, and as the game suggests, with Serge's intervention that the TD would ever be fully created.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 06:52:08 am »
First of all, I've got to go w/ZeaLitY & GrayLensman on this...Let's all try and take out the negative (kharma people) 1337 (you're not superior to anybody, bub) GameFAQs (this is my refuge dammit! keep that shit there if you want it!) 'tude outta the Compendium.

Otherwise...

The Entity is dying. Thus, if you say that the Entity is (a) God, you're also saying that (this) God is dying.

That quote you use "Fate has no forgiveness for those who oppose it" is quite ironic in that both Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross are games about changing fate. Thus, if you can change fate, there is no fate. If you die in CC, it's like you did not change fate anyhow and thus the quote.

Like the Poyozo in Zeal says, there's no such thing as fate. If you believe in fate in the Chrono series, then you can't believe in the original timeline happening...which is rediculous.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 06:57:52 am »
Quote from: V_T
First of all, I've got to go w/ZeaLitY & GrayLensman on this...Let's all try and take out the negative (kharma people) 1337 (you're not superior to anybody, bub) GameFAQs (this is my refuge dammit! keep that shit there if you want it!) 'tude outta the Compendium.

I agree. :D

Quote from: V_T
The Entity is dying

If there is one other thing I dont understand about the Entity it is this. Why is the Entity dying? And is it true that the entire adventures of CT is flashbacks of the Entites life? How does that work?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 08:06:20 am »
Well, since we can easily conclude that the Entity is in fact the Planet, Lavos is the cause of this untimely death...dying...ness. Seeing how 1) the planet's dying and 2) Lavos is the root evil adjacent to the Entity.

It works because each timeline would, in essence, be a point in the Planet's life previous to it's death i.e. they can be described as 'flashbacks' in the life of the Entity, but, thankfully, w/the envolvement of Crono & Co, these events are changed.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 06:13:18 pm »
I never said that the Entity which was a God was the dying planet. God is another entity that created the Planet. Th Planet is dying and God wants to destroy Lavos because of it >.>

Anyway, Who knows for sure. If and when CB comes out, they might prove you all wrong :P

Sir Frog

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 07:34:48 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
It works because each timeline would, in essence, be a point in the Planet's life previous to it's death i.e. they can be described as 'flashbacks' in the life of the Entity, but, thankfully, w/the envolvement of Crono & Co, these events are changed.

:? Could you (or someone) elaborate on that?  Thanks.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 07:35:51 pm »
"But why would the Entity, if a deity seperate fro the Planet, be DYING with it's world and have it's life be flashing before it's eyes?"
See. You're saying that God would be dying, I'm retorting that that is not what I said >.>

I said "If a deity seperate from the Planet" As in, "If it IS a God, why is it dying?" Good game -_-;

Anyway, There is Fate. If you have ever once died in CC, you'd see that it's some kind of statement that "And so Serge was never born into the world. Fate has no forgiveness for those who appose it" or something like that.

Hooray literary device that has no impact on canon! So tell me, if Serge gets a game over, how is he NEVER born? I guess you can say that History can't be changed because of the game over screen in CT?

Anyway, Fate is pretty much the basis of CC. Serge was fated to die, but someone destroyed that fate and opposed it (Kid). Serge is alive and should not be. He is a ghost in another world. He should not even be there etc. Since the moment Crono interfered with Lavos, the future's fate was not certain either. Schala was sucked into the DBT. Her fate was sealed there when Lavos arrived too. It would only be a matter of time, and as the game suggests, with Serge's intervention that the TD would ever be fully created.

But if fate can be opposed, then there is no fate. Also, Serge wasn't "Fated" to die. His death was just what was best for the world. If Crono's actions made fate uncertain, then again, there's no fate. Your entire post keeps leading to that conclusion

If there is one other thing I dont understand about the Entity it is this. Why is the Entity dying? And is it true that the entire adventures of CT is flashbacks of the Entites life? How does that work?

The Entity is generally considered to be the Planet. Lavos is killing the Planet, thusly, killing the Entity. Now, the Time Gates are flashbacks of the Entity's life, and Crono and co. are using those gates to save the Entity, and the Planet.

I never said that the Entity which was a God was the dying planet. God is another entity that created the Planet. Th Planet is dying and God wants to destroy Lavos because of it >.>

I know. If the Entity is God, then the Entity isn't having flashbacks before it untimely death, so it can't be having flashbacks and thusly create TIME GATES! The Entity can't be God. There's a big difference between slowly dying and seeking revenge for a dying child.