Author Topic: Can anyone "Orchestrate" the CT Soundtrack  (Read 6403 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Re: Can anyone "Orchestrate" the CT Soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:22 pm »
Well besides my lazyness, I gotta worry about learning flash more to.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02:23 pm »

Well, then...

Maybe I can learn it.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:34 pm »
Go for it my friend.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »
Oh dang that sucks, I would do it if I weren't strapped for time right now. Your timing could not have been worse my friend lol. The best I can tell you is I'm making one album with distorted electric guitar, and doing the same thing with acoustic nylon, so if you want that lol. I would need some real samples of instruments if I were going to do something high quality, unless you would actually prefer to have midi. if you are looking for realism though, that would take for goddamn ever getting all the samples cashed in properly. you would be looking at 100+ hours of work, and you are asking for that from someone's unpaid free time. Once I'm done with my projects, it would take maybe 3 weeks tops if I used midi, because I'd already have the sheet music programmed electronically from paper to whatever program I'd use.. Say I finished my project and used real samples of real instruments, you would be looking at at LEAST 6 months, maybe 3-4 if I finish my project of getting the sheet music on software. The hardest part is getting the samples of a real instrument. Most of the time you have to pay big money for that. The easy part is the actual recording/making of. That's also the LONG LONG LOOONNGGG part though.

Not only that, but the two people (you and whoever would do it) would be a team. Gobs of efficient communication. You might be a strict boss and have a clear outline of the timber. I give you a demo and it has cellos and lyres, then you rant at me that you'd rather have violas and clarinets......you'd have to give the person a clear vision of what you are going for. Believe it or not, but 'orchestra' is one of the broadest genres of music in terms of timbre(instruments that are used). so just saying 'orchestra' is as vague as saying, " Can someone transcribe CT to different instruments than the ones the original uses?"

You might he the kind of boss that says, "try a few songs out and I'll see if I like the mood you are putting out, if I don't agree with it I'll tell you what I'd rather you did on a case by case basis". Generally, free reign bosses can be a dream that turns into a nightmare for an amateur who doesn't know what they are doing. For veteran composers it's heaven, because they can give their stuff a motif, or theme or general mood, without being all over the place and at the same time without being static/stale. You are looking at nothing short of a professional project here man.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:17:02 pm by chi_z »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 08:56:10 pm »
Ugh I wish me and you could collab on it. We could do it if you got FL Studio, but like you said it would take time.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 11:55:12 pm »
This may have to wait for a few months then.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 05:01:28 pm »
I CAN DO THAT!!!

All aboard the airplane (Ha ha it's a delay time airplane joke... get it!!!)

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 06:25:15 pm »
Well I'll tell ya what, Imma go ahead and check out this fruity loops 9 thing and the orchestra samples for it, and see if I deem it worthy of my time or a complete waste. It might take a long ass time, it might be quick and easy. I'll let ya know a little bit later.

Ok 10 minutes of torrenting pirate bay for fl9 and a vst for orchestra, I'm getting pretty enticed. I'm going to see if I can't pull of 'a premonition' or a similar short song without too much inaccuracy, I'm still coming to grips with how the program works; it is not an easy interface. But the important thing is, I have a high quality orchestra sample now. FL does come with its own orchestra, but it sucks severely. this vst I pirated has perfection written all over, so many instruments to choose from! such high quality recording! Once again, I'll get back to you. The good news is, Im down to 1 project, CT guitar. A few days ago I was wrapping up my album that I've been writing, and I'm done with that now. So CT guitar is my only work as of now, so this might happen sooner rather than later, it all depends on if FL studio likes me or not.

I can choose from 4 different types of full orchestras, a baroque, classical, and like 10 more types.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 07:57:44 pm by chi_z »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 08:20:09 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SilvaGunner#p/c/4E4FCFF11A7B3993/19/xk6e8al-mHQ

Something like the above for the orchestra if possible (I am not exactly sure on classes...)

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 09:03:41 pm »
Alright I'll have 'A Premonition' for you soon, I'm still deciding on instrumentation. Would like choir voices at all or strict instruments only kind of thing? You should know most orchestra style instruments don't go as low an octave as needed for CT, so I could either have those particular notes moved to the lowest POSSIBLE octave or I could use piano for rhythm, which do you think I oughta do? I need to be going as low as C1 when orchestra can only go as low as C2 for the most part. I was thinking having orchestras on the treble clef,lead......and having piano on the bass clef, rhythm. piano is an 'orchestra' style instrument still yet, so it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal and would give the entire score a repeating idea of having the same instrument on rhythm(with various instruments on lead on the different songs). Any songs you want done first and foremost? How much of the soundtrack am I doing? I could give you the complete list of all track I CAN do, as Yasunori has released the sheet music to 43 of the songs in the CT soundtrack. I could give ya the list of those songs, so you know which ones I can make.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:26:59 pm by chi_z »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 09:32:18 pm »
Yes, that is fine do what you gotta do.

Pianos are cool. I would rather not have choir voices. I stress that I want Violins/Cellos/and other string related instruments. Flutes and winds would also be nice on some of them.

A Premonition should be done piano with violins. (At least that seems like it would work)

I am glad you are finding this to be an interesting endeavour.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:16 pm »
Im finding this to be a fucking amazing endeavor. I never heard of FL studio for some reason, after about an hour or so I got the hang of it. This thing kix guitar pro in the ass man. will do on the instrumentation

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 11:11:18 pm »
Guitar Pro is the reason I am banned on the Newgrounds audio portal... It emits MIDI sounding stuff and MIDI isn't allowed on Newgrounds.

I got farked...

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 11:43:21 pm »
lol that sucks, anyways here is a premonition with cello violin and piano http://www.mediafire.com/?gmzzmzmkqzw

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 11:49:50 pm »
I figured you would do the piano where the strings are and the strings where the piano is lol.

If possible could you switch em around?