Author Topic: New layout issues?  (Read 3183 times)

Ramsus

Re: New layout issues?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 02:04:32 pm »
Here's a link to what it looks like.  I use Microsoft Internet Explorer.  I don't really know what tech specs you're looking for that could help, so just let me know.

This is the only thing, but it's the most important: What version of Internet Explorer?

I can tell the screen size from your image. Other than that, there's nothing else to know.

Anyway, the site should definitely not look like that. It should look more like the attached image.

Damn. It'll be another week before I can get my hands on a PC.

[attachment deleted by admin]

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 12:31:56 pm »
Sorry for revival, but I see the problem, this layout was fesigned in FireFox, and not with IE, It will always look like that in IE, but it will be just fine in FireFox

Ramsus

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 02:16:52 pm »
Actually, it was designed for Safari on Mac OS X.

Nothing on Mac renders web pages like Internet Explorer for Windows does, and IE6 is generally broken compared to other browsers these days, since the rendering code hasn't been touched in half a decade. I even used some different techniques and methods from what I normally would with this layout, so what does work in IE is based on intuition.

So no, you don't see the problem, which is that I don't have a PC.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 07:36:33 pm »
Whatever, its simple, Use FireFox or Safari!  :P

Ramsus

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 10:51:33 pm »
The site is kind of broken in Firefox and Mozilla though...

I'm redesigning the site's navigation and page flow, so while I'm doing that, I'll also go and fix all the other problems.

EDIT: Actually, I'm watching Kodocha and messing around with some Lisp code. I've spent more time training and exercising than even thinking about the site, so don't expect anything for a while.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:56:17 pm by Ramsus »

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 11:24:32 pm »
Yep, IE does the same thing for me, but it's really not that big of a deal.  Everything else I've done seems to work so far.  You CAN click the Quick References button that's tucked below the CT character image, but it's hard to see.

I do have another suggestion, though.  On the Wiki-based pages where fan project leaders can post their own content, it would really help to have some sort of reference or buttons or something for the Wiki code syntax.  I've seen it before and could figure it out by going to Wikipedia, but it'd be much nicer to have that available here while editing.  I just wanted to throw that out.

Later!

Ramsus

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 11:27:09 pm »
The Fan Projects Index wiki doesn't use wiki markup. The entire markup thing for all of the wiki software is only partially implemented anyway. It's currently set up to be able to use a variety of systems, but there's no way to select them on a page-by-page basis.

VargoseNeedsHelp

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 10:57:59 am »
New Layout looks great. The colors are nice. Fits better with the over all site. The RD kid was a nice touch too. Maybe putting a Magil in the shadows behind her would be ccool. RD Serge looks stupid anyway, we could leave him out lol.

Anyway now that I have said something useful. I want to shamelessly annouce that my profile vargose appears to be locked. I was recently added to Time Illusion's fan project forum, I think something may have went wrong then. I can't even see Kajar Labs. I can't even PM, which is why I resorted to this.

Ramsus

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 05:37:27 pm »
New Layout looks great. The colors are nice. Fits better with the over all site. The RD kid was a nice touch too. Maybe putting a Magil in the shadows behind her would be ccool. RD Serge looks stupid anyway, we could leave him out lol.

Anyway now that I have said something useful. I want to shamelessly annouce that my profile vargose appears to be locked. I was recently added to Time Illusion's fan project forum, I think something may have went wrong then. I can't even see Kajar Labs. I can't even PM, which is why I resorted to this.

Can you login? What forums can you see, if any?

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 05:40:37 pm »

Can you login? What forums can you see, if any?

looks like its fixed now. Thanks though