Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS OST, videos  (Read 748 times)

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Chrono Trigger DS OST, videos
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:32:14 am »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, or if this has been posted before, but I'll go ahead anyway. Please move my post if needed.

My girlfriend just recently purchased the recently released Chrono Trigger OST [DS Version], 3 discs and 1 bonus DVD, the release is really worth it. Sound is really clear and sweet. The bonus DVD has an orchestra version of the main theme, and a medley of various songs, hinting the possibility of an orchestral album.

Maybe this can motivate people to buy the album, we just uploaded these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZ6XhsgDPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKwoVKX71Y

It's fun to see GOD Mitsuda as the mastermind supervising everything.

Oh also, are you guys still in need of tracklists? We could provide very detailed ones, including kanji.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Re: Chrono Trigger DS OST, videos
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:44:45 am »
Girlfriend here.

I got the OST on Friday and been working since then on checking correct titles, romanizing, scanning and looking for info, it gets tired but it'll  be worth it. It was indeed a GREAT purchase, the 3 CDs include all the songs from the original game back on SNES, new arrangements, a couple of unreleased tracks, and even the songs that Mitsuda composed for the extra options for the PS Version, and that godly Special DVD with a 7-minute Mitsuda interview and the "Music Video" of the 2 orchestra arrangements they released. I SO smell (and fangirlishly hope for) a orchestra version of the soundtrack, and wouldn't mind to get a double release... Seriously, CT and CC Orchestra Ver.? allow me to wet my panties.

I'd love to give the info to this site to contribute with my little grain of something by submitting the Kanji, romanization and translation of each song, and also some notes, but first I want to double and triple check everything with some friends, since I only have 2 years of study on the language and I could make mistakes. Yes, I will share the OST with y'all when I'm done, but I also want to invite to the ones who can to buy and support, if you don't know where or how to do it, I don't have a problem helping, just let me know.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:04:58 pm »
Oh, this stuff is awesome! Seeing Mitsuda at work is really a treat.

A hearty Compendium welcome to Radical Pan too! Thanks for all the work you're doing on this, the site could definitely use every bit of info it can get.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:33:16 pm »
Thanks, you guys are one RADICAL couple...

Bad pun.

:picardno

But welcome, Radical Pan!  Thanks for sharing with us!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:39 am »
Absolutely; this will be essential to the Chrono Compendium, since we've been unable to get information and track listings for the music and DVD.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:51 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it  :D

Unfortunately, my computer crashed apparently because of some RAM dying, so I'll keep working on that as soon as they repair my desktop, or my new laptop arrives, whatever is first, I'm at my mom's laptop ATM and the files are on my desktop, and she doesn't has the Asian Font pack installed. Sorry for that, but I promise I will share with you, just give me some time to work this out.