Author Topic: 1999 AD Gate and CC as a prequel...  (Read 4835 times)

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
1999 AD Gate and CC as a prequel...
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:39:51 pm »
Now its been a while since I played CC and I can't remember where it picked up (1010AD?) but if you fight Lavos at 1999 AD as he is erupting, wouldn't the world already be destroyed by his eruption, still bringing all that death and destrution to earth? So what future gets saved by Crono and co. if that still happens?  Or is it Lavos' suckign the planet dry that actually kills it?

Another thing.  Does CC assume that you fought lavos at 1999AD?  What if you kill it in Zeal through the Black Omen of 12000 BC?  Wouldn't that eliminate Serge's travels to fight TD since Shala has nothing to fuse with?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:37:30 pm »
Well the Darkness Beyond Time has no time so everything that gets sent here are all together.

You fight Lavos before he erupt.

Since the DBT is timeless Schala coudl still merge with Lavos independent from when you killed him

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:56:45 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Well the Darkness Beyond Time has no time so everything that gets sent here are all together.

You fight Lavos before he erupt.

Since the DBT is timeless Schala coudl still merge with Lavos independent from when you killed him

If Lavos exists where there is no time, then how can he ever be eradicated?  Such as separating Schala from Lavos and then killing Lavos/TD wouldn't do much since there could be other scenarios involving Lavos still surviving since he is independent of the time he was killed by the cross.  Right?  I don't really understand how it works....and what i just said.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 07:21:59 pm »
I think 'timeless' might have been a poor choice of words...And really...Lavos doesn't reside in the DBT, only the DoT does. Lavos resides in his whakky Pocket Dimension.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 11:18:57 pm »
What could be use for instead of timeless?

It is believe thatLavos jsut stop existing from the DBT when separated from Schala

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 11:43:29 pm »
but that is so vague!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 01:08:20 am »
Yeah, but the Pocket Dimension isn't timeless.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 01:58:26 am »
No I wa stalking about the DBT not the pocket dimension

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 02:55:20 am »
Yeah, but, he's not really asking about the DBT & the DoT...His question is more regarding the Lavos fight in the PD.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 03:06:44 am »
Time in the DBT passes slower than in any timeline. If you go from 10,000BC to 2,400AD and then went to the DBT, the only time that would have passed is the time that it took you to get from 10,000AD to 2,400AD by time travelling.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 07:28:02 am »
As Zaperking said, there is still time, but very very very slow, if it was 'timeless', no one would be able to move.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 12:50:11 pm »
I was talking abou the DTB because he said that Schala would be sent to DBT in 12,000 BC and Lavos in 1999 AD so they wouldn't be able to merge, so I replied that it is timeless so any event that goes there crash together and all and I think Lavos and Schala crashing was totally random and created some kind of Pocket dimension in the DTB

Quote from: Lordchander
As Zaperking said, there is still time, but very very very slow, if it was 'timeless', no one would be able to move.

Well if no time = no move doesn't slow time = slow move?

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 11:23:22 pm »
No time at all would be light speed according to special relativity, we have no idea if an organism moving at light speed would be able to feel anything or move.  Naturally, not having time doesn't work that way in the Chrono universe.  It's more like being outside of the flow of time.  So if somebody leaves, waits ten minutes, then comes back, you have no idea how long they were outside of DBT.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 12:59:09 am »
Yeah, thats right.  Me and my friend actually got into a long conversation about Einstein, relativity, and time travel because of this book he stole from a library by accident.  Apparently, if you are traveling at the speed of light, time moves DRASTICLY SLOWER.  A good example is from the 'Ender's Game' series by Orson Scott Card.  When they travel at the speed of light from one planet to another what takes teh travelers 20 minutes actually takes the people outside the speed of light 20 years. (not exact proportions but I'm just illustrating the idea here.)

So thats why she can Merge with Lavos in 1999 AD when being sent from 12,000BC because time is moving so slow for lavos that the difference from 12,000 BC to 1999 AD would be insignificant (if thats how the DBT works anyway.  Buts its all just a theory and cannot be proved, yet hopefully it will be someday!

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 01:28:43 am »
Okay, 2 things:  Lavos does erupt, but Crono faces him before he actually does the attack to destroy the planet.  I'm not sure about ramming the epoch through the shell, but in the other 2 ways, it does show Lavos erupt.

The game assumes any of the final endings with Crono alive.

The blackomen transends time.  Or at least, the blackomen is the same throughout time.  If that makes any sense.  For example, if you beat the Omen in 1000ad, its gone in all eras.  I've always believed the Black Omen is connected to 1999ad.  But not much evidence either way.