Author Topic: Upcoming Changes  (Read 1673 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Upcoming Changes
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:56:55 pm »
Hey guys! Just a quick update on the status of CT2. I've been rehauling the game lately, and I've made several changes to the game. I feel that this is a better direction for the project, and it may actually help it get done faster!

The first and biggest change is the story. I sat down and looked at the Chrono mythos and wrote a brand new script for the game. There are still some CE elements, however, they are much more subtle. The new story is looking to be roughly 17 chapters long, and will involve a host of new villains. The story still picks up four years after Chrono Alter, and five years after Trigger. It opens with Crono being accused of assaulting the Mayor of Porre and trying to steal an artifact. In addition to this, the team will have to deal with Dalton throughout all of time.

I can't tell you how excited I am about the story. It's very deep, and will hopefully explain some things about the Chrono-verse that are still shrouded in mystery. I am especially excited about the ending. I honestly don't think anyone will see it coming.

I think I'm going to have Crono be a silent protagonist once more. This new story calls for it, I think.

The music has been heavily edited. I removed around 75%-80% of the MP3's in the soundtrack and replaced them with Midis. The file size went from over 200MB to around 40MB.

The caterpillar system was removed. This will make the game MUCH more manageable. Time travel will also go smoother.

Now, about the trailer, everything from the trailer will remain EXCEPT... the confrontation with King Zeal. He may be in the game... he may not. I'm not going to confirm or deny anything. Everything else(The Epoch Battle, Asteria, Etc) is still in the game.

And that's about it. I'm redoing some of the maps, but nearly all the maps that were in the game before will remain.

I hope to have the game finished in one year. I hope.

Again, thank you so much for the support!

~Lance VII

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:41:18 pm »
Sounds exciting! :D

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 06:43:30 am »
I can't wait to play it!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:15 am »
Sounds good! In all honesty, I think distancing yourself more from Crimson Echoes is a wise decision. It really allows your game to shine on it's own. :)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 02:11:58 am »
Yeah, I mean if you wanna see Crimson Echoes, watch the youtube, unless youtube CEO sharon angle decides to ban CEMemorial