Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199389 times)

idioticidioms

Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1530 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:38 am »
I think I've played almost every single one so far, and beaten them, too, with the exception of FFXI which is an MMORPG and one I don't think I will ever touch for sake of sanity and wishing to have a social life sometime in the future and Final Fantasy III, which I'm working on right now on NES. I need to get a DS so I can reap all the remakes. That and I really look forward to playing Dragon Warrior VI, seeing as how nobody ever finished a translation for the SNES version. That's annoying, to me. How can you be a fan of RPG's, a respectable translating group and NOT FINISH THE TRANSLATION? They made it playable all the way through. They butchered the story. Meh.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 12, 2010, 11:12:45 am »
Final Fantasy VI/IX are my favorites. CT remains my favorite game of all time, though. Followed closely by Majora's Mask, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.

_Janus_

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Ruin of Zeal
    • View Profile
    • diamonddeoxys.hi5.com
« Reply #1532 on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:21 am »
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda:D

IX is good but I personally think it lacks something

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1533 on: February 12, 2010, 01:23:55 pm »
CT was originally intended to be FFVII, but they felt that it would be better as a "stand-alone game"(at the time, that's what it was) and that FFVII should be on 3-D
Bah. I think I'm the only one on the planet that dislikes FF7.

What kind of crazy world without a bandwagon have you been living on? I've been driving that sucker since I played it not too much longer after initial release...

\Yeah, I'm talking to all of you graphics-whores out there. Don't get me wrong, I love good graphics, but at the time, that was the only thing that really made it great.

Only the FMVs were special (and really they were just some of the first to really utilize)...in-game graphics were not...maybe in-battle, but not by any great measure.

FFT still stands as the best PSX FF for me...FFVI gets top spot in the series...FFIX has the best character development (I'd go so far as to say even if you include Eiko & Amarant)...

As for Majora's Mask...It always felt like a rush-job Zelda to me to tide fans over after OoT. Probably the easiest Zelda as well and definitely the shortest (to be fair though that's sort of the point)...was there a Mr. Tingle mask? >_>

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 12, 2010, 01:38:07 pm »
Bah. I think I'm the only one on the planet that dislikes FF7.
Hardly.  It was right up there with Titanic as far as overhyped fanboy media was concerned, at the time it came out.  I'm willing to bet that there are still kids who can't read roman numerals and are convinced that it's the first game in the series.  Probably they think it's a made up word pronounced "Vii" or "Vee".

FFIX was the best PSX on for me, a good tribute to the SNES ones.

Zelda, you can't do better than A Link To The Past.  I've enjoyed the last few though, from Twilight Princess on.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 12, 2010, 02:16:40 pm »
Zelda, you can't do better than A Link To The Past.  I've enjoyed the last few though, from Twilight Princess on.

YES.  Another LttP fan.  I liked Ocarina of Time a lot, but LttP will always be my 2nd favourite game of all time (second only to CT).

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 12, 2010, 06:08:41 pm »

YES.  Another LttP fan.  I liked Ocarina of Time a lot, but LttP will always be my 2nd favourite game of all time (second only to CT).
That's actually one of my least favorites in the series. MM is my favorite, followed by OoT.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 12, 2010, 06:18:23 pm »
Personally I like Windwaker the best.  And I doubt many will agree here but my second are the 2 Oracle games for Gameboy color.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1538 on: February 12, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »
Twilight Princess for the Wii turned out to be really good. I was suitably impressed by it and it quickly trumped Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, though, luckily, they both have nostalgic value and will still be played.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1539 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:21 pm »
For me...

1. A Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Majora's Mask
4. Link's Awakening
5. The Wind Waker

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 12, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »
Mine are
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Twilight Princess
5. Oracle of Seasons

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 12, 2010, 11:48:55 pm »
I can still remember some of the hype for LttP from back when it came out, when I was what, 6, 7.  I had a Nintendo Power special issue that even had some poor fellow dressed up as Link on the cover!  :lol:

I couldn't get into the 64 bit entries.  Really disliked that whole chunky graphic era, wasn't a fan of the console in general.

I guess a list for me would be

1) Link to the Past
2) Twilight Princess
3) Wind Waker
4) The Legend of Zelda
5) Phantom Hourglass

Haven't played Spirit Tracks yet.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 13, 2010, 12:00:35 am »
No love for The Adventures of Link??  (Seriously, I love that game!)

Edit:

What is that thing?!  I don't know, but it makes the Uboa happy.

Pixelated awesome!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:13:04 am by Uboa »

idioticidioms

« Reply #1543 on: February 13, 2010, 12:33:10 am »
To be honest, I did not like Majora's Mask at all. I thought it was a waste of a Zelda title. Just was not a good game for me. I'd rather go through and play the original Legend of Zelda for NES than Majora's Mask. for me, the list would have to be:

1. Link to the Past (first Zelda game I ever beat and what really got me hooked on the series)
2. Ocarina of Time (This is the game that inspired all of the Zelda games we have now. Much love)
3. The Adventures of Link (It's challenging. The one zelda game I've played that I have not beat.)
4. Twilight Princess (fourth on the list only because I've only played a minor amount of it and don't want to place it any higher until I play it through.)
5. The Original Legend of Zelda (We would not be sitting here discussing this series without this game. Still have yet to get the second and third Triforce piece. First run through was tough enough)

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 13, 2010, 01:36:42 am »
I could never get into The Adventures of Link, but it's a special one for me -- my uncle, now in his 60s, became notorious in my family for taking a week off of work to stay home and beat the thing back when it came out.  :lol: