Author Topic: Einlanzer and the Melchior Triplets  (Read 3259 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Einlanzer and the Melchior Triplets
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:08:07 am »
Well, Dreamstone could also just be a radioactive element (Dreamstonium? Chrononium? Plotdevicium?) with a somewhat short half-life. In Ayla's time period, it might have been rare but common enough that it wouldn't alter the timeline dramatically if it was taken. In Zeal there was some left (mind, it is never stated that the Mammon Machine, the Pendant, and the Red Knife were made entirely out of 100% pure Dreamstone), but by the modern era it had all reverted to inert matter (like lead). This would fit in with the concept of the element being a sort of energy source.

Of course, it could be that there really was only one or two hunks of dreamstone; Chrono and the others took the original supply, so the timeline in which the Mammon Machine was made out of Dreamstone ceased to exist and instead there was a new timeline in which it contained the Frozen Flame. I think a detailed theory along these lines was posted on the forums at one point.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 12:06:06 pm »
There was no unique chunk, Dreamstone is an ore, not a unique item. You can even trade petals and stuff for Dreamstone weapon and armor in prehistory (though they're shortened to Dream _ or Ruby _ in the English version), so clearly there was more thank one chunk. Besides, something that is unique isn't "rare".

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 03:21:47 pm »
Yeah, but there is a problem with making arguments from items that you buy/trade. Gold armor is better than iron, despite the fact that gold is a horrible protective metal (and really should make lightning attacks deal more damage, as it is a wonderful conductor). Chrono and Co can buy "Lode" items (swords, armor, etc). Lode is an odd translation for Platinum. They are using gold to buy platinum... that just doesn't make sense. Heck, platinum is too valuable to waste on making a sword or suit of armor out of! There are items that can bring people back to life, and these items seem to have an unlimited supply in 600 AD, but the Guardia army was still hard pressed by Magus' troops due to injury and death.

The Dreamstone weapons and such unfortunately don't definitively indicate that there was more than a few chunks of the mineral, as items are just untrustworthy unless specifically incorporated into the plot. This isn't to say Dreamstone was in fact rare/unique, just that the dreamstone weapons aren't a valid point.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 08:48:13 pm »
Maybe it's not pure gold armor but just iron armor with gold plating or something...?

Gold Helm

Gold Suit

It doesn't look completely gold, eh?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 07:56:16 am »
I wasn't discussing the fact that Dreamstone is rare (it is rare), I was saying that Ayla's chunk was not the only one in existence.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 10:22:38 am »
I wasn't discussing the fact that Dreamstone is rare (it is rare), I was saying that Ayla's chunk was not the only one in existence.

And I was just pointing out that the evidence you used to state that it isn't unique, even though this evidence is from the game, isn't very reliable. While I think it is more likely that it is just a rare, but not unique, mineral, there just doesn't seem to be definitive evidence one way or the other.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 10:09:39 am »
The Einlanzer could be imbued with some of the Dragon God's spirit or something along those lines (Nature, Earth etc).  Not that there was any indication of that, other than it was the only thing that could handle the evil Masamune

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 06:37:10 pm »

ayla said that dreamstone was a sign of strength, and since she was the strongest in ioka (and thus their leader), she was the only one who could give dreamstone away - to crono.

ayla also said that the stone is a common stone.

radicalblues

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 01:59:57 pm »
Plenty of stone! Come! Drink! Dance! Eat!

Anyway, if I'm not wrong, CC stated somewhere that the Einlanzer was forged by Dragonians, while in RD it seemed to be forged by the Gurus.

It makes sense, if the humans are corrupt, if they are Lavos children of some sorts, their sword is the Masamune, evil one (of course, there are "champions" who the Planet trusts on and the Masamune is good then); while if the Dragonians are the ones in harmony with the Planet, it's no wonder why the Einlanzer beats the crap out of the evil Masamune.

Now, Einlanzer VS the good Masamune, that'd be a good duel!